nerf ap pt

septru

prum i agree with you AP PT needs some tuning, specifically the powerlode tact needs an icd, maybe some slight % adjustment on abilities, or a 4-8 sec CD on energy burst, but why bother with the screenshots? That reg match is worthless, anecdotal at best, manipulative at worst, looks like an 8 man circle(jerk) parse on VC.

DO YOU WANNA BALANCE GROUP RANKED OR REGS?!

It is by design THE BEST DPS and WORST SURVIVAL

Ok, nice trolling keep it up. Let's balance according to the dead content. How about H2+? Do you wanna balance that too?

I mean we can just que regs too?

prum i agree with you AP PT needs some tuning, specifically the powerlode tact needs an icd, maybe some slight % adjustment on abilities, or a 4-8 sec CD on energy burst, but why bother with the screenshots? That reg match is worthless, anecdotal at best, manipulative at worst, looks like an 8 man circle(jerk) parse on VC.

By no means am I trying to justify capabilities by screenshots. I myself, give very little credence screenshots. I agree with you that it is anecdotal and manipulative, but at the end of the day there are people that are just ignorant and oblivious to the unporportional amount of damage that a powertech can do. Sometimes hyperbolic, and frankly insane numbers are what people need to wake up.

Edited by septru

If you never played regs as powertech before, I ensure you that without support you won`t stand alive even for 1min during fight. Playing Powertech well requires a lot of practice

Play regs as a pt all the time so do alot of people with out issue. The facts are on a race to 300k pt both specs are the fastest with ap avg. 13 secs and pyro just over 14 sec.on warzone dummy. Next best is deception at 19 secs rest are all above 22 secs. I encourage you to run the numbers also.

Not all burst is yellow, but on PT it is. That's problematic in itself.

Accuracy is a whole different topic of balancing and it's terrible, accuracy debuffs are awful along with the fact there are only 4 debuffs that affect both yellow damage and white.

While there's at least 20 for white damage alone either debuff or defense chance increase.

No the problem is burst. Guard is a whole different issue. It's burst has to be toned down. This is worse than decep sin.

What did they buff besides the powerlode tactical for back to back Energy bursts? Energy burst has always hit a crit after 4 stacks were built. When I last played AP in December it was crap, so I need to be brought up to speed on what changed.

EDIT:

From looking at the 6.1 notes basically nerfing the tactical would fix the issue. The other tweaks are definitely not big enough to make a huge difference:

"Advanced Prototype

The Energy and Kinetic damage buff from High Energy Gas Cylinder increased to 5% (up from 3%).

Power Bracer damage buff increased to 10% (up from 5%).

Blood Tracker damage buff increased to 5% (up from 3%).

Advanced Prototype Tacticals

The Powerlode tactical now increases Energy Burst’s critical chance by 100%."

Edited by Yamahara

there are enough videos with duels juggernaut vs PT AP. PT AP has loose all duels. AP PT haven't melee defence, 3 lives like jugger, 8 sec CC and reflect. Smash jugger eats PT AP like crow eats worm, easy. If u are bads, don't discuss about nothing Edited by Mega_Fallos

• 2 weeks later...

It's a bit of a perfect storm right now and a great time to be a doubly AP PT or an AP PT/Leth Operative pressure comp in team ranked.

The Powerlode tactical is absurd in pvp, there's no defending it. Needs a good swing from the nerfbat. Compounding this issue though is the classes that counter pressure comps are in a bad state.

Double AP or AP + 1 dot spec (lethatlity these days, used to be madness or Anni) comps are nothing new. Teams have been running it for 5+ years with a simple strategy of overwhelming the opposition with pure dps. The original NA hardswap teams in Season 3 (Blanket's team on Bastion, Squirtle Squad on Prophecy of the Five) built off what Roudy's team had started in Season 1 and modernized it as a solution to the strong pressure teams that dominated at the time, especially triple PT or AP + a dot spec.

The tried and true strategy in a simple description is is to use 3 ranged mezzes and 2-3 kicks on the healer to control hps, and a 30 sec CD aoe mez on the tank to collapse on either dps with hardstuns for a kill. Pressure comp's main weaknesses are inability to mez and burst on unguarded targets, and the hardswap strat took advantage of that. The reason I say it's a perfect storm is not just 1, but 4/5 of the main classes you would use to beat pressure comps are subpar right now:

Sin Tank (Ranged Mez, formerly good DCDs for pressure)

Carnage Mara (30 sec awe for rapid swaps and control of their damage, great burst), Deception Sin also worked

Sorc Healer (Ranged Mez, Ranged Interrupt, phasewalk for carb, versatile healing)

Marksman Sniper (Ranged Mez, Ranged Interrupt, rapid target swapping off guard between swaps, best knockback in the game for tank separation)

4/5 of that list are all subpar in competitive team ranked against the good pressure teams atm because of the dismal state of their defensives, and output (dps or hps). Losing 1 or 2 classes to ever-evolving class balance changes is to be expected and teams need to adapt. Hardswap teams lost 4, and what those classes used to bring to the table has not been replaced with any other class. The loss of carnage mara hurts the most.

As such pressure comps built around AP PT control team ranked in a way they haven't since Season 3.

Edited by EnzoForMe

snip

I mean sure. Pure hardswaps being gutted is a problem. But even in 5.0 we've seen this exact comp before. Double pt/jugg tank. The only difference is that in 5.0 this comp could get countered by both pure swaps and pure cleave. You've talked about the pure hardswap side of it, but the issue is even more glarring when you look to the cleave side of things. Engi/anni, engi/furry, engi/ap pt could all counter comp double ap pt because its a 4 melee comp.

Now in 6.0, I can bring a pure cleave team (leth/pryo, leth/ling, pyro/ling, even IO could work) and all of them will get out pressured by the burst comp. When a pure cleave team gets out pressured by the 4 melee hybrid burst comp, something is wrong. I'll do 12k dps as leth, other guy will do 12k as pyro and both ap pts will be pulling 13k burst dps.

This insane burst is exasperated by the fact that if you continually hit ap pts (which a pure cleave comp does) you are just going to make the ap pts hit harder because power yield.

The issue is really obvious, imo. Its a fundamental issue that transcends 4s, and the tank/healer meta. AP pt hits too hard. Its really simple. Power lode tactical just needs to be nerfed.

Edited by septru