Producer’s Road Map 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my gosh.

Where's the Pod Racer Racing matches? This is a mark of SW Universe, we DESERVE it!!

POD RACER RACING now, and you get my money back. (Y).

Why would you want them to waste resources on an unrelated side game, like they did with gsf? The space combat in Battlefront 2 and other SW games is way better than gsf, and I'm sure the old podracer game would be better than any pod racer add-on they could tack on this game.

Edited by Kakisback

Why would you want them to waste resources on an unrelated side game, like they did with gsf? The space combat in Battlefront 2 and other SW games is way better than gsf, and I'm sure the old podracer game would be better than any pod racer add-on they could tack on this game.

Swoop bike racing or bust.

Also Pazaak: "Pazaak is not for everyone." -Niklos

Edited by Strajder

These are all wonderful and exciting things that you are developing and bring forth in 2015. And, I for one can not wait. But I think your missing a key change that I would like to see happen this year as well. (and from reading several post others would like to see as well) New character creations. I am not a one-size fits it all kinda gal, I would love to see more choices in designing my own character. I don't know about you but when I look around I don't just see the same 3 body styles. My face doesn't look like everyone else and neither does my hair, eyes or make-up. I'm also not the same height or muscle build as everyone. I don't fit any of your 1st, 2nd or 3rd body types. I stopped playing ESO to play SWTOR but I gotta tell you they are so far advanced in there character creation choices that it makes me a little sad to go from my own unique charter to one that looks like everyone else. You can not tell me that with all the talented people that Bioware and SWTOR employes that no one else has suggested better character selections. Look around you, do you fit into one of the 3 stereo types that you have built into the game. You want us to create our very own unique character that we build our story around, but how can we do that when we look around and see so many other characters that look just like us. Bioware is known for their incredible story-lines that pulls each of us into the game. Don't you think it would be equally as fantastic to be known for your wonderful ability to let us each create our own unique character for our story as well. I'm truly a fan of the RPG experience and I have my story in my head and know what my characters look like. But it's such huge disappointment when I look at the screen and I not see the person I have created in my head but one that looks just like everyone else on the screen.

Please, Please make this happen!!!!!

I really love the story-oriented route they are taking, as story is SWTOR's big strength!

Still, instead of new strongholds or designing custom gear, I would much rather see an update, labeled something along the lines of "Galactic Competition", featuring minigames and side activities like Swoop races and Pazaak matches (both of which could certainly be combined with strongholds).

These are fan-favourites from the KotOR games that so many people would love to see return and I am sure that some form of leveling system and Cartel Market expansions (new swoop skins, Pazaak decks) can be introduced in order to also make this lucrative for Bioware and therefore the existence of the entire game.

But that's just my opinion..

These are all wonderful and exciting things that you are developing and bring forth in 2015. And, I for one can not wait. But I think your missing a key change that I would like to see happen this year as well. (and from reading several post others would like to see as well) New character creations. I am not a one-size fits it all kinda gal, I would love to see more choices in designing my own character. I don't know about you but when I look around I don't just see the same 3 body styles. My face doesn't look like everyone else and neither does my hair, eyes or make-up. I'm also not the same height or muscle build as everyone. I don't fit any of your 1st, 2nd or 3rd body types. I stopped playing ESO to play SWTOR but I gotta tell you they are so far advanced in there character creation choices that it makes me a little sad to go from my own unique charter to one that looks like everyone else. You can not tell me that with all the talented people that Bioware and SWTOR employes that no one else has suggested better character selections. Look around you, do you fit into one of the 3 stereo types that you have built into the game. You want us to create our very own unique character that we build our story around, but how can we do that when we look around and see so many other characters that look just like us. Bioware is known for their incredible story-lines that pulls each of us into the game. Don't you think it would be equally as fantastic to be known for your wonderful ability to let us each create our own unique character for our story as well. I'm truly a fan of the RPG experience and I have my story in my head and know what my characters look like. But it's such huge disappointment when I look at the screen and I not see the person I have created in my head but one that looks just like everyone else on the screen.

Please, Please make this happen!!!!!

While I agree more faces would be great, I don't think it's nearly as bad as you make it sound. With the different faces, hair, skin color, hair color, etc you still can make very unique characters. Like one my most recent characters Anamarie, I keep getting complements on her look. So how can that be if she looks like everyone else?

Not a world on galactic starfighter.

"Super Secret Space Project"...2+ years of production, just to deliver the one thing nobody had asked for. GSF represents the complete disconnect between player requests and Dev interpretations...

Maybe they realized their mistake of wasting resources to tack on that sad excuse for space combat. Cutting their losses now and not wasting more effort into that joke is the best move.

The best thing they could do for GSF is remove the Bombers.

Meh. I love GSF, loved it since day one. In my opinion, it's the one aspect of the game that came out working, more or less as promised, and even with bombers I still feel it's not broken. I get the sneaking suspicion that many of the haters who moan about bombers just don't know the power that is the AOE ion cannon. I'm perfectly fine with it the way it is, and the queue pops reliably enough (on the Shadowlands and the Covenant, where I have toons).

That aside, I think I've followed every page/post of this thread and I can't recall a direct answer to this. When the roadmap says "unified" story coming in the spring, that means more of the same "all classes do the same exact thing" that we got on Makeb, Rishi, and Yavin, right?

I've essentially given up hope on seeing any meaningful extension of our class stories. I laugh anytime I see any official mention of SWTOR being a "story-driven MMO" - the story basically ended at 50 for me, and hasn't come back.

Meh. I love GSF, loved it since day one. In my opinion, it's the one aspect of the game that came out working, more or less as promised, and even with bombers I still feel it's not broken. I get the sneaking suspicion that many of the haters who moan about bombers just don't know the power that is the AOE ion cannon. I'm perfectly fine with it the way it is, and the queue pops reliably enough (on the Shadowlands and the Covenant, where I have toons).

That aside, I think I've followed every page/post of this thread and I can't recall a direct answer to this. When the roadmap says "unified" story coming in the spring, that means more of the same "all classes do the same exact thing" that we got on Makeb, Rishi, and Yavin, right?

I've essentially given up hope on seeing any meaningful extension of our class stories. I laugh anytime I see any official mention of SWTOR being a "story-driven MMO" - the story basically ended at 50 for me, and hasn't come back.

I wondered this also though then there is this straight after the unified part ...

You’ll see a greater emphasis on your character’s personal history, and on the choices you make.

Implying more class story? Or maybe just more minor class story extensions as we had with 3.0 *shrug*.

• 2 weeks later...

***Spoiler Warning - for those who haven't played through the Revan storyline***

An emphasis on my character's choices… what a NICE idea!

I love story. I love clever writing that makes my choices seem like they make a difference to the story. I love story that tries to engage my emotions.

SW:ToR has occasionally succeeded in generating such stories. I must admit, however, that one of the tools the writers gave themselves - our Companions - has fallen far short (in my opinion) particularly in the Shadow of Revan. Even if I set aside the fact that many (though not all) of the Romantic-Interest Companions are poorly written from a Female Player's point of view (WHY wouldn't my Sith Juggernaut simply space that companion after his - actions, instead of being forced to see him every time she enters her ship? Why would any competent adult heroine put up with Doc's or Cedrax's "God's gift to women" attitudes? Why, after swearing undying affection at the end of their story arc, do the Romance Companions never really speak to you again? etc.), the Shadow of Revan simply shatters whatever illusions a Player might have had that her (his) character has formed a real relationship with one of her (his) companions: there is NO REACTION at all if the PC romances Lana or Theron in front of their supposedly Romance Companion. No loss of points. No "we have to talk". No nothing. How is this an "emphasis on my character's choices"?

OK. In the overall storyline, romantic choices are a minor matter. But surely the writers could have given them a LITTLE thought?

<grin> It did occur to me that romancing Theron (or Lana) could be thought of as comeuppance for the neglect shown the PC after the Romance Companion's story arc ends.

And I do realize that some Players and PCs think of themselves as "love 'em and leave 'em" types, so this moving-from-love-interest-to-love-interest doesn't bother them. However, for those who want to portray a long-term relationship, not so good.

I do also realize that romancing Lana (or Theron) implies that one is not faithful to that long-term Romance Companion relationship, but that's my point. If you choose not to be faithful, shouldn't there be at least some small reaction?

You call this a road map? More like a roadBLOCK. :rolleyes: Like the rest of this game's development has been stuck in...

LOL - yes they do seem to be stuck in some sort of tunnel vision of nothing. I sure how some GOOD operations are coming down the pipe this year.

Would be nice to SKIP NIM this time and go straight to another SM/HM set of operations. Maybe this time they don't go the silly "Hardmarish" model as that clearly didn't work for most players. When only single digit number of guilds have 10/10 cleared the content 3 months later you have issues.

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe they realized their mistake of wasting resources to tack on that sad excuse for space combat. Cutting their losses now and not wasting more effort into that joke is the best move.

Funny how you think you speak for everyone, I welcome GSF, and have no problems with it, I welcome a gametype where you ACTUALLY have to aim in this game.

On topic. Worst. Roadmap. Ever.

Edited by mmmbuddah

Thanks for the Producer's Road Map for 2015; I am excited to hear about the focus on story, for that is what draws me to Bioware games! I would love to see my favorite characters put to the test again in a strongly story-driven expansion in which the companions and the main characters had lots to say!

• 2 weeks later...