The Great Companion Switching Thread!

Azzarr

Hi guys,

First time ever starting a thread ( yes really). Basically with the new Fallen Empire coming up this October, my mind is constantly thinking about what will happen to what I think is one of the best features of this game, Companions. We've been given quite some information about what's to come, albeit vague.

The idea is that you can recruit Companions cross-class and possibly cross-faction. I kinda made my own wish list, and I'm curious if you guys have other ideas that you want to share. So here goes mine:

JK - T7, Kira, Nadia, Jaesa ( LS), Ashara ( Jedi taskforce-like with Ashara and Jaesa as cross-overs)

JC - Vector, Tharan, Zenith, Talos, Guss Tuno ( Really difficult, I imagined Guss finally changing into what he should be, slowly relearning to become a Jedi. The Consular is like a guy/gal who looks into mysteries and old lore, Talos will love it. Vector really doesn't suit anywhere right, but closest to his 'nature' might be JC).

TR - Aric, Elara, 4X, Yuun, Iresso ( Basically, Havoc as it should, great like-minded soldiers)

SM - Corso, Bowdaar, Risha, Vette, Gault, Andronikos ( A lot of Comps fit with the Smugg. Vette and Risha together again would be awesome, Gault and Andronikos would really fit a pirate-like Smuggler).

SW - Scourge, Quinn, Pierce, Broonmark, Rusk ( Scourge, 2 Wraths is better then 1? And Rusk his ruthlessness could really be appreciated by the Warrior. Keeping Quinn btw ;).

SI - Khem, Temple ( Sith), Xalek ( Temple's Sensitivity came to light and Nox is intriqued with the challenge to turn her in a true Sith).

BH - Mako, Akaavi, Torian, Blizz, Qyzen ( Akaavi and Torian might not mix well, still both Mando's, Qyzen should always have been with the Hunter, Team Awesome right here).

IA - Kaliyo, Temple, Scorpio, Tanno Vik, Doc ( Tanno gets caught by the Empire for one of his 'side-jobs' and they care little for his recklessness as long as he does the job right, which we know he does. Kaliyo convinces Doc to sign on together again, he can't resist, the rest stays (surprisingly) loyal.

So there you go, some have left, a lot have switched. Curious what you guys think about it. Also really curious to see other suggestions.

Thanks for reading, and lets hear it!

Just a small note, Temple says she has the Force but can't really use it like a Sith can.

It's why Cipher 3 hides her from the Sith, because he knew she was generally not powerful enough to make it through the Korriban training.

Just a small note, Temple says she has the Force but can't really use it like a Sith can.

It's why Cipher 3 hides her from the Sith, because he knew she was generally not powerful enough to make it through the Korriban training.

Ah, thanks. Never really listened to her thoroughly and hardly ever used her. Guess that mostly cancels her out for SI then.

On my SI I would drop Ashara and take DS Jaesa in a heartbeat. Jaesa's love for mindless destruction is second only to Khem. Since we were denied the much more appropriate choice of Thana Vesh on the same planet, Jaesa would be my next choice as replacement to Ashara. There isn't really any companion I would swap Andronikos or Talos for as although neither are half as good as Khem, there isn't really any companions that I like more then them that I don't already have. Xalek never interested me in the slightest, so I would probably swap him for blizz, because let's be honest, who doesn't like jawas? At the very least it gives my character something to kick when he hasen't killed as many Jedi that day as he would have liked.

I'm personally hoping all companion characters will be recruitable by all classes, leaving you to choose what your group will look like.

My Juggernaut would have: HK-51, HK-55, Jaesa DS, Treek, Quinn, Pierce, and Kira so I can bring her back to the dark side.

My Consular would have Theran, HK-55, Jaesa LS, Treek, Nadia, Vette, and Risha.

I'm also secretly hoping we can make our characters companions to our other characters. So my Knight would be a companion to my Consular. Just a small hope :)

On my main, barely dark SI, I'd pick up Vette in place of Adronikus. I find him meh, and love Vette's joie de vivre, plus she can keep Ashara company :)

I'm a healer so I don't have a use for Talos. In my head-cannon he is my executive assistant in handling the affairs of the Pyramid of Ancient Knowledge and doesn't take a combat role in things.

Not a fan of Xalek, so if I had to, I'd trade for Lord Scourge. Pragmatic and an enemy of our former leader. What is not to like.

When did they say that we would be able to cross class companions?

The idea is that you can recruit Companions cross-class and possibly cross-faction.

It's theoretical. If you *could* swap then who would you swap? Read the post next time maybe?

Edited by Nazgren

My smuggler: Risha-Vette-Mako-Scorpio-Akaavi for his ultimate underworld harem.

My Warrior: Jaesa-Ashara-Xalek-Khem Val-Lord Scourge for Super Sith Strike Force

My Knight: Kira-Nadia-Ashara (redeem her if possible)- Jaesa(redeem her if possible)-Lord Scourge for Anti-Emperor Strike Force

Inquistor- Quinn-Jaesa-Khem Val-Xalek-Lord Scourge- For ultimate powerbase potential (assuming you can't turn republic companions into future spies)

My Warrior: Jaesa-Ashara-Xalek-Khem Val-Lord Scourge for Super Sith Strike Force

My Knight: Kira-Nadia-Ashara (redeem her if possible)- Jaesa(redeem her if possible)-Lord Scourge for Anti-Emperor Strike Force

Inquistor- Quinn-Jaesa-Khem Val-Xalek-Lord Scourge- For ultimate powerbase potential (assuming you can't turn republic companions into future spies)

Wow, loving your Smuggler and Warrior ones. Brilliant. Now this is what I want to see!

Wow, loving your Smuggler and Warrior ones. Brilliant. Now this is what I want to see!

+1 to this, but in the warrior one I would be concerned if I was anyone but Khem, as to Khem that line up would be a buffet and Khem still hungers ^^. I like the inquisitor, Malavai would be a much better replacement than Talos, but I never much cared for Xalek.

Edited by Nazgren

Knight > T7, HK, Bowdarr (Or Jakarro if he becomes available), Vette, Lord Scourge, Torian (My KoTOR Crew ^.^)

Agent > Temple, Lokin, HK, Aric, Pierce

Smuggler > Nico Okarr, Risha, Blizz, Gault, Vette

Warrior > Vette, Lord Scourge, T7, Qyzen

All: Lana Beniko, Nico Okarr, Koth Vortena, HK-55, Treek, HK-51, Blizz

Barsen'thor: Nadia Grell, Qyzen Fess, Yuun, Guss Tuno, Ashara Zavros, Vector Hyllus

Darth Occlus: Khem Val, Ashara Zavros, Xalek, Talos Drellik, Eckard Lokin, Raina Temple, Lt. Pierce

The Former Cipher 9: Kaliyo Djannis, Mako, Gault Rennow, Tanno Vik

My Warrior: (force choking your smuggler)

Me: Paging Hayden Christensen. (Is choked too)

On-topic, I'd love my warrior to have Ashara as an apprentice or maybe a more grey Jaesa. Both light and dark Jaesa were boring in my opinion.

Edited by almostinsane

Trooper: Ultimate Havok Squad: Aric, Elara, 4x, HK-51, HK-55, Treek, Lt. Pierce, Sgt. Rusk or Ensign Temple, Lana Beniko, Nico Okarr.

Warrior: Strike Team Megas XLR: Lord Scourge, Jaesa, Khem, HK-51, HK-55, Treek, Lana, Nico, Kira (DS if possible), Xalek or Ensign Temple.

For my Warrior: Khem Val, HKs <both>, Treek, Scourge <2 wraths, both of which formerly served the emperor,would make for interesting conversations>

For my BH: Akaavi, Torian, Treek, HKs <both>, t7, blizz, M1-4x <team mando/robot/jawa>

JC: Elara, Kira, Mako, Ashara <redeemed>, Bowdaar

Trooper: hks <both>, Iresso, Elara, M1-4x,t7-01, Temple <soldiers>

Imperial Agent dreamteam:

Malavai Quinn as your XO. Lieutenant Pierce, too. Temple and Lokin can stay, they're both good imperials. So can Scorpio... And we're kidnapping Talos. Imperial Military (kinda) team!

Havoc Squad, eat your heart out. Our uniforms are snappier.

• 3 weeks later...

Let's see.......I'll try to provide at least one of each type of companion(Ranged tank, ranged dps, etc). And I'm going to ignore the ship droids, HK-51 and Treek.

Trooper:

What the class currently has, minus Vik, plus Iresso and Rusk. - Theme: TRUE Republic soldiers. And Forex.

Jedi Knight:

Elara, Corso, Guss, T7-01, Zenith +1 of the following: Ashara/Jaesa(LS)/Kira/Nadia - Theme: Just sort of cherry-picked companions till I thought I had a good balance.

Jedi Consular:

Elara, Corso, Guss, Talos, Tharan + 1 of the following: Ashara/Jaesa(LS)/Kira/Nadia - Theme: Just like the Jedi Knight, I just swapped T7 and Zenith for Talos and Tharan. Makes for a lot of healers, but so be it.

Smuggler(got a few of these):

1. Akaavi, Andronikos, Torian, Vik, Kaliyo - Theme: Tough mercenaries and Mandos

2. Doc, Mako, Vette, Gault, Risha, Tharan - Theme: Scoundrels

3. Corso, Blizz, Akaavi, Risha, Gault, Mako- Theme: Best of the BH and Smuggler Companions

Bounty Hunter:

Akaavi, Blizz, Mako, Torian, Vette, Vik - Theme: Just switch Vik for Skadge, Vette for Gault and add Akaavi. Best crew ever.

Imperial Agent:

Lokin, Quinn, Talos, Temple, Vik, SCORPIO - Theme: Subterfuge, and Vik for heavy lifting/demolitions

Sith Warrior:

Light-sided: Ashara, Elara(cast out of the Republic), Jaesa(LS), Talos, Temple, Torian - Theme: Good people working to change the Empire. And Torian.

Dark-sided: Jaesa(DS), Lokin, Pierce, Scourge, Xalek - Theme: Death to the Republic!

Sith Inquisitor:

Light-sided: Ashara, Elara(Cast out of the Republic), Jaesa(LS), Talos, Temple, Tharan, Torian - Theme: Pursuit of knowledge and power to change the Empire. And Torian.

Dark-sided: Jaesa(DS), Lokin, Pierce, Scourge, Xalek - Theme: Death to the Republic!

BTW, has it ever occurred to any of you that we have NO male Jedi companions(depending on how you count Guss)? I never noticed before, but now that I have, that sort of bothers me.

Edited by CastonFolarus