Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
General Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

TrixxieTriss
04.16.2019 , 05:59 PM | #21
Regarding tactical items. Before I can give constructive feed back, I need to know a little more info than you’ve provided.

Can you elaborate a little more on how they will be set up up on your gear. Ie, how many tactical items can we equip?

Currently the set bonuses usually affect a number of “specific” abilities. So I am assuming we will be able to equip enough tactical items to cover the same number of abilities that are currently covered under the set bonuses.

Also, will this be like an “inscription” or “augment” type slot that you put the tactical item into your gear. If so, will this slot be standard on all gear or will we have to buy, add, craft it to place into the gear.

How will we get the tactical item? Is it something we buy, earn or craft? Do we need to be a certain lvl to use them? ie are they only usable at lvl 75 or can we start changing things earlier as we lvl (like adding augment kits).

Here are some of the questions I think need to be answered before we can give proper feed back.

1. How many tactical items can be used at once.

2. Will we get enough tactical items to make up for the loss of our current set bonus systems.

3. How will the tactical items be equiped

4. How will they be obtained and how quickly will they be obtained

5. Will they be usable before lvl 75 (like augment kits)

6. Are they locked like Augments and require a cost to remove or add them

7. Will they be locked in like utility points.

8. Will swapping one gear item change a talent point or do we need to swap multiple items.

9. Do we have to make a choice of A. or B. or C. tactical item, per set?
(ie say we can have 3 tactical items, but you can’t have A and B and C in the same set. You can only have A or B or C in the set. Then you have to choose from D or E or F for the second tactical item).

There are probably other questions we need answered too, but I can’t think of any.

TrixxieTriss
04.16.2019 , 06:00 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by LeeThorogood View Post
Class buffs no longer have a duration, they last until "clicked-off" by the player or the player is defeated/killed.
Honestly, I don’t know why that isn’t the normal way it works. It’s stupid that you have to reapply them.

LeeThorogood
04.16.2019 , 06:15 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Honestly, I don’t know why that isn’t the normal way it works. It’s stupid that you have to reapply them.
I know right!

MadDutchman
04.16.2019 , 06:25 PM | #24
Similar to the chain lightning example already posted, I'd like a tactical that would change aoe abilities into single target abilities.

Ex. Force Storm would turn into something like the focused storm Thanaton uses against the SI in the final confrontation.
Demand: Are. We. There. Yet.

Use my referral link for free goodies.

Avuras
04.16.2019 , 07:58 PM | #25
So according to what I'm reading here, I'm assuming non-class specific Tactical Items alter the function of any "general" abilities, which also includes non-combat abilities. Given the way Discipline-specific abilities seem to be bestowed and removed, and the existence of Temporary Abilities, I'm also assuming it will be reasonably plausible to design specific Tactical Items which bestow entirely new abilities while equipped, and remove those specific abilities when unequipped. While this alternative approach is probably not ideal for actual Advanced Class/Disciple abilities, I can see this being a great deal more viable when designing Tactical Items for "general" abilities.

With all that in mind, here's a list of possible Tactical Item effects I thought up:
  • Area-of-Effect Harvesting (Ability Modification): When harvesting a resource, simultaneously harvest any other resource nodes also within range of the player. This may not be as useful when harvesting standard resource nodes, but for Bioanalysis and Scavenging? After clearing a large group of biological or mechanical mobs, this could save a decent bit of time.
  • Area-of-Effect "Flurry" (Ability Modification): When using the standard "Flurry" ability each class possesses, damage is now split between up to three targets in a small radius centered around the selected target, with the base damage of the ability lowered to compensate. Damage is still split across several attacks. This effect is also overwritten by any Utilities which directly alter the "Flurry" ability (such as the one available to the Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer Advanced Class).
  • Single-hit "Flurry" (Ability Modification): When using the standard "Flurry" ability each class possesses, damage is now dealt by a single attack instead of several, with an animation change to reflect this. This effect is also overwritten by any Utilities which directly alter the "Flurry" ability (such as the one available to the Jedi Sage/Sith Sorcerer Advanced Class).
  • Area-of-Effect Recuperate (Ability Modification): When using any rest and recharge ability, whether class-specific or originating from the Cartel Market, everyone within a small radius is also affected.
  • Shared Travel (Ability Modification): When using the standard travel ability while on a planet, anyone who is within a specific radius and in the same group receives an option to travel with them without incurring a cooldown.
  • Player Revive Cooldown Reduction (Ability Modification): Lowers the player reviving ability cooldown by a certain percentage. This naturally does not benefit any Advanced Class with a passive ability eliminating said cooldown.

As for Set Bonuses, here are some ideas:
  • Crafting Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required to craft items for a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...).
  • Mission Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required for missions of a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...).
  • Gathering Mastery: Slightly increases critical chance or decreases time required for gathering skills of a specified profession, of a specific tier (ie. 1-50, 51-100, 101-150...). This only comes into effect for the "mission" style gathering, not when harvesting resource nodes.
  • Minor Experience Bonus: Provides a minor bonus for any experience gained from a particular source, using similar mechanics as Legacy bonuses.
  • Warzone Damage Bonus: Provides a percentage bonus to all damage done to other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but decreases healing done to other players by a percentage equal to half of the damage bonus.
  • Warzone Defense Bonus: Provides a percentage reduction to all damage received from other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but decreases damage done to other players by a percentage equal to half of the damage bonus.
  • Warzone Healing Bonus: Provides a percentage bonus to all healing done to other players inside of a Warzone or Arena, but increases damage received from other players by a percentage equal to half of the healing bonus.

I may think of others later, but I do see some good potential when it comes to Tactical Items and "general" Set Bonuses.

Zurules
04.16.2019 , 08:19 PM | #26
I truly miss the use of grenades in pvp, especially the ones other than stun grenade. So im hoping that maybe for vg/pt set bonus (the highest one) would change a few things around grenades.

1. Make the cooldown on which grenades can be used again on another player lowered from 5 to 2:30 (so half)

2. For vg/pt only, each kind of grenade provides additional effects: x% healing debuff for x amount of time (root one) , takes x%(small) more damage from all sources for the duration of the dot (burning one), Makes your energy, heat, force, etc. regen be 0 for x duration and disables any ability that gives a regen effect (slow one), Increase the initial damage by x% (stun one). I might be forgetting some on the top of my head, but this is the kind of stuff i'd like to see. Maybe create a grenade for your allies with the effect : increase healing intake by x% for 5 seconds by all sources.

All these choices provides vg/pt some more utility. This idea could also simply be used as the new 75 ability for one or both of the dps trees or even all 3 specs. I just want to see all types of grenades reintroduced in someway. I would also make all these grenades reusable for these specs and given as an ability instead of an item.This does interfear with the cybertech crafting skill for people playing this class, but I think this is minor.

If you think it is best to simple "buff" the grenades in the game with some of the idea's I've suggested, i'd be happy with that too. Bring back the viability of ALL the types of grenades.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow

kukumburr
04.16.2019 , 09:17 PM | #27
Maybe a tactical item that increases duration/reduces cooldown of Heroic Moment.
Or what about a tactical item that would change your flurry move into a completely different ability like a mount boost or a summon group members to you thing or a buff of some sort.

For gathering maybe something that lets you harvest while mounted.
Being able to use recuperate ability while moving.
This one might be controversial but what about a way to gain reputation from doing activities (killing mobs, harvesting, pvping, completing missions, whatever). Like you get a tiny amount of rep towards whatever your highest non-maxed rep is for doing it or something.

KendraP
04.17.2019 , 12:34 AM | #28
I have a question.

So we got rid of PvP gear in an effort to get rid of multiple sets of gear. Currently I have 3 sets of gear for my main (tank, dps, and skank).

If this goes through as it seems I will need even more:
Vigi
Focus
Tank
Skank

For just my main.

Because let's be real - any time you're doing ops/pvp you are going to want the set bonus specific to whatever you are playing.

ultimarb
04.17.2019 , 12:44 AM | #29
I think Tactical Items should provide a benefit und an debuff. so that you really have to think of which you'll use.
Seven Stuck - Hakuna Rakata
Final Tauntaun

Check our Sale-Raid Offers on Tulak Hord - German - English

Avuras
04.17.2019 , 03:46 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by ultimarb View Post
I think Tactical Items should provide a benefit und an debuff. so that you really have to think of which you'll use.
If there are any drawbacks at all from equipping a Tactical Item, I think it would probably be best to limit that based on the strength of the item's buff and its quality, if at all. Personally, I'd say this sort of thing would fit best on lower-quality Tactical Items which also have a fairly strong buff, and much less likely on higher-quality items.