Can I disable this one time password nonsense

Raynezazki

There is no way to disable it.

If you find you need to use the one-time password every time you log in then you can get the winauth app so you can use the security key on your pc

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9338694

There's always the two things to enter, though, so it's up to you what is more annoying - a security key to enter every time you log in, or an occassional one-time password.

(The 100cc a month from having the security key is a bonus, it's not worth the hassle to me, but it might be to some people.)

The OTP is a security feature aimed at making it hard for someone to get into your account remotely.

You get an OTP request anytime you (or someone else) logs in with a different IP. This can happen simply because your ISP keeps changing your IP, or it can happen if you log in from different locations, like home and school, for example.

No, you can't disable it. You can avoid it by getting an authenticator app, but that still means entering 2 passwords each time. If it's caused by your ISP constantly giving you a new "dynamic" IP address, you can try contacting them and asking them to put a longer "hold time" on your IP. (My ISP uses dynamic IP addressing, but it very seldom changes because it's one of those "always on" connections.)

Edited by JediQuaker