Legacy Characters as "decorations" (Stronghold)

Leaveshill

As the title says, I'm wondering if it, in theory, might be possibly to add Legacy characters in the Stronghold? I know it's not a function atm, but I was thinking about it. They are already accessable by the "legacy menu", with their corruptions, gear and everything. I have a feeling most people (that like Strongholds) would love the idea of setting up "your kind of people" in the Stronghold, more customized than just the personell. I mean, as an agent; level up a few agents, get them into uniforms and put them around. That'd be a huge boost to the Stronghold, at least I believe so.Or putting half a dozin Sith warriors inside your "throne room" as your personal Sith guard, all dressed like you like it.

Would love to hear some ideas from others on this subject, in truth. Who knows, maybe we'd even be heard if enough people wanted something that Bioware could make. After all, they're making the game for us, their customers.

You'll only get 12 characters for that, no? Also, what happens if you delete one of your characters. Will the "decoration" vanish, too?

Yup, they'd vanish if you delete it. 12 characters is actually quite nice, I mean. I could delete most of my characters to make room for what I want. Deleting a character from the legacy means that it's deleted as a decoration, much like if you transfer your character.

@XiamaraSimi, And I agree that companions are badly made due to being on holo if you're on a different character, but I think it's 10 times better than nothing at all. I don't put all companions out, just a few, and mostly from "the main", so that they're always present. It'd be pretty cool, even if they just stand straight. And I can't imagine it being too difficult?

Edited by Leaveshill

I think it would be sweet if I could say put out my 2 Agents and their crews in my Intel/Command Center. Have them doing some actual intel work while I am out eliminating targets on my BH!! I love this idea, however I worry that it will never be added.

This has been #1 thing I've wanted and been championing since they basically announced the Strongholds. My main topic in GSH section.

And I can't imagine it being too difficult?

Especially as all Legacy/Alt characters models are already being loaded into the game no matter which character you're on, in Family Tree

Edited by Pietrastor

It would be lovely ,right?!

This has been #1 thing I've wanted and been championing since they basically announced the Strongholds. My main topic in GSH section.

Especially as all Legacy/Alt characters models are already being loaded into the game no matter which character you're on, in Family Tree

I'm sorry that I didn't see this earlier, guess I should've tried to search for it. Would be so great if it had been done, though. As you mentioned, and I did, the character models are already in the game through the legacy so it shouldn't be a problem at all. I can't really see this take more than a few hours for the developers to make, in truth.

This is a good idea. And they don't appear if you're actually ON that character.

I'd like this along with them making companion "decorations" NOT turn into holo-vids...it makes placing them pointless

1+, it should be removing the character if you're away I guess.

And it'd be really nice to see your companions. It forces me to keep most companions out of my Stronghold. I gets forced to set Revel, even though I've not used him outside of the two quests where you have to, in my SH. I'd much rather have Jaesa, Kira, Scourge, etc there.

But in truth; I would even accept seeing my character in holo if I've put it on the Stronghold. I could even level a few characters for making them decorations. I'd accept not having 12 charactes there, I'd just level a sith warrior, inquisitor and an agent for the pure decoration-feat. (level them to get the armor I feel would look more fitting.).

I'm actually sure that this would make a fine addition. It'd make someone, like me at least, level up new characters for the pure reason for decorations. It's "No real reason" to level anything after you've done all classes. Or the classes you like, even. So why not make a new reason for "stronghold fanatics?"

You'll only get 12 characters for that, no? Also, what happens if you delete one of your characters. Will the "decoration" vanish, too?
I've got 22 character slots. I have a big family. I could see using Nar Shadda's large room to break them down by allegiances rather than faction. All nice and stylish looking.

I back this idea. It's actually what I thought the point of Strongholds were before they actually came out; showing off your Legacy, companions, and all of the cool gear you've picked up along the way. What we got instead was a bunch of new stuff to decorate with, which is cool but has little relation to our character's achievements in the rest of the game. It would be fantastic to be able to plop my alts into the Stronghold and have them hanging out with a few non-holo companions and maybe mount a blaster or two on the wall.

Just stuff to think about going forward...

• 5 months later...
Great idea. I hope they consider implementing it. I hope they consider expanding the legacy system in general, making our alts relevant to one another...for example, allowing us to companionize alts.

This, or even find a way to implement opposing faction alts as "rivals" in custom story arcs. Of course, they couldn't allow you to kill them. Or even having to work alongside them begrudgingly. Just a way for my characters to meet each other would be absolutely epic and I would bet money would draw more players and revnue for such a feature. Not to mention it would add so much more depth and relevance to the Legacy system.

Knowing how bioware does things, even if they did implement it, it would be half assed like companions in stongholds are now. Holograms.

I really wish the companions would be there instead of a hologram. I like posing them around in 'natural' looking positions throughout my stronghold. I find it weird when I got there on an alt and its a hologram.

This, or even find a way to implement opposing faction alts as "rivals" in custom story arcs. Of course, they couldn't allow you to kill them. Or even having to work alongside them begrudgingly. Just a way for my characters to meet each other would be absolutely epic and I would bet money would draw more players and revnue for such a feature. Not to mention it would add so much more depth and relevance to the Legacy system.

Epic indeed, that would be an amazing twist to the game. A rivalry story between (e.g.) JK and SW...both of them wearing the faces of my chosen alts...wow, it gives me goosebumps.