Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

-Bob-
05.24.2018 , 09:58 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.
All my friends left the game a few years ago. Solo Q regs it is for me. I work 2 jobs as it is and making time for the gym in between, i dont have the time to get stressed about ranked, not worth the BS it has turned into.
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

DavidAtkinson
05.25.2018 , 03:06 PM | #22
Ranked is dominated by a minority of players who top the boards every season..

Do they cheat ? I don't know and I don't care but the truth is that mathematically, you will most likely never gonna make it into that elite club.

The odds are always against you and ranked works exactly like a slot machine/gambling.

You que and get 20 elo for let's say 3 wins than you lose 30 elo because you get a thrower,bad team, bad luck or whatever then you get angry and want your 20 elo back and keep queing. If you replace elo with money, it's frankly the same slot machine gambling.

It's designed to mess with your brain and keep you hooked to it.

You could que for ranked to have fun and maybe because you enjoy competition but that doesn't work because you will get yelled, talked down, bullied by the ranked overlords who are addicted to their ego boosting elo's. And they get very angry when they lose elo. It's like their real life job.

Never start and argument with an elo addict in the game because he will smash his shiny gold or silver rating into your face and shut you up. " what do you know, kid ? " What's your rating ? 1200 ? Mine is 2.1k and my rating is proof that I am god and you're trash. " that's how it usually goes.

Enjoy the game, friend. That's why you pay the monthly sub. Don't forget that. If pay 15$ to get frustrated, maybe you should spend your money on something else.

AlrikFassbauer
05.26.2018 , 04:51 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
Same pattern with PvE Conquest : A few guilds dominate everything.

It's merely like in RL now.
In RL, a few giant corporations dominate everything as well.
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

Gray
05.30.2018 , 05:11 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post

Do they cheat ? I don't know and I don't care but the truth is that mathematically, you will most likely never gonna make it into that elite club.

The odds are always against you and ranked works exactly like a slot machine/gambling.

You que and get 20 elo for let's say 3 wins than you lose 30 elo because you get a thrower,bad team, bad luck or whatever then you get angry and want your 20 elo back and keep queing. If you replace elo with money, it's frankly the same slot machine gambling.

It's designed to mess with your brain and keep you hooked to it.

You could que for ranked to have fun and maybe because you enjoy competition but that doesn't work because you will get yelled, talked down, bullied by the ranked overlords who are addicted to their ego boosting elo's. And they get very angry when they lose elo. It's like their real life job.

Never start and argument with an elo addict in the game because he will smash his shiny gold or silver rating into your face and shut you up. " what do you know, kid ? " What's your rating ? 1200 ? Mine is 2.1k and my rating is proof that I am god and you're trash. " that's how it usually goes.

Enjoy the game, friend. That's why you pay the monthly sub. Don't forget that. If pay 15$ to get frustrated, maybe you should spend your money on something else.
haha this post made my day

funny and true at the same time.
PvP Tryhard since 1.0

I believe in you Keith Kanneg

Alec_Fortescue
05.30.2018 , 05:12 AM | #25
Ranked is dead now, even on impside on DM. RIP SWTOR

DavidAtkinson
05.30.2018 , 10:35 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Give the players a good reason to que ranked... and it will pop every 5 minutes.

Ranked in it's current state isn't very motivating...

Most people que because they want to do well, climb in the ranks and be competitive.

Considering that the same people are on top every year, an average player thinks that "Ok.. my chances of getting good at this ***hit is 15% at best. A lot of players who used to que in season 8 DON'T que anymore and a lot left the game.

It's sad, but... it's what we have to accept.

nepochop
05.30.2018 , 11:40 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
I have nonstop pops, what are you talking about?

DavidAtkinson
05.30.2018 , 11:43 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by nepochop View Post
I have nonstop pops, what are you talking about?
He could be getting trash teams or he is complaining that ranked is not popping around noon....

It used to pop from noon till night last year.

Lundorff
05.30.2018 , 12:31 PM | #29
It is popping but holy f*** it is traumatic today. Think I lost 6-7 matches in a row... that hasn't happen in a while. I guess this is as good a time as any to take a break. Hopefully a permanent one.

TacoClaw
05.30.2018 , 11:57 PM | #30
I find it truly pathetic to see people care about solo ranked outcomes. Some players really need to check themselves.