Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Impossible to gain rating in ranked unless you cheat or exploit. Please address.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.23.2018 , 02:16 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by -Bob- View Post
So you're going to start using that now?
It is how the cool kids roll.

-Bob-'s Avatar


-Bob-
05.23.2018 , 03:46 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
It is how the cool kids roll.
obviously BW don't care
There are no Victims, Only volunteers!
Der Untermensch
Referral link

Janglor's Avatar


Janglor
05.24.2018 , 06:04 AM | #13
You dont need to wintrade, backfill, or exploit at any level to get gold tier in ranked. Hell thats only 1750-1800. You just need to play enough games with a semi-competent group comp/strategy. Our guild hadnt done group ranked since they killed 8v8s (so what? 5+ years?) and we all got Tier 1 this season on multiple toons.

Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.

If you're being truly honest with yourself, is your rating problems really due to other people cheating, or could it possibly be because you just arent that good?

Alec_Fortescue's Avatar


Alec_Fortescue
05.24.2018 , 06:34 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
You dont need to wintrade, backfill, or exploit at any level to get gold tier in ranked. Hell thats only 1750-1800. You just need to play enough games with a semi-competent group comp/strategy. Our guild hadnt done group ranked since they killed 8v8s (so what? 5+ years?) and we all got Tier 1 this season on multiple toons.

Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.

If you're being truly honest with yourself, is your rating problems really due to other people cheating, or could it possibly be because you just arent that good?
Gold is relatively simple in solo if you're good and queue dodge bads/cheaters. Top 3 is a completely different story - gold only requirers some dedication and free time. I rocketed 200-300 points in few days on my jug dps from 1600 ish.

But cheating is rampant in group ranked as well. You can't get gold when there is a team of cheaters circumventing matchmaking 24/7 with char swapping exploit in order to play against lower-rated teams while themselves are 2500s. So no, it's not sorted by team ranked. Team ranked is seeing a lot of abuse on Darth Malgus.

Janglor's Avatar


Janglor
05.24.2018 , 06:44 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Gold is relatively simple in solo if you're good and queue dodge bads/cheaters. Top 3 is a completely different story - gold only requirers some dedication and free time. I rocketed 200-300 points in few days on my jug dps from 1600 ish.

But cheating is rampant in group ranked as well. You can't get gold when there is a team of cheaters circumventing matchmaking 24/7 with char swapping exploit in order to play against lower-rated teams while themselves are 2500s. So no, it's not sorted by team ranked. Team ranked is seeing a lot of abuse on Darth Malgus.
Char swapping exploit? Do you mean having under-rated alts on your team to get faster pops? Thats not an exploit thats just math.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.24.2018 , 07:05 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
You dont need to wintrade, backfill, or exploit at any level to get gold tier in ranked. Hell thats only 1750-1800. You just need to play enough games with a semi-competent group comp/strategy. Our guild hadnt done group ranked since they killed 8v8s (so what? 5+ years?) and we all got Tier 1 this season on multiple toons.

Almost everything you constantly gripe about in solo ranked is solved by group ranked. The issue is I think a lot of mediocre players prefer solo ranked as it allows them to blame the randoms for their own shortcomings.

If you're being truly honest with yourself, is your rating problems really due to other people cheating, or could it possibly be because you just arent that good?
How does group ranked work? Do you always roll with healer / tank / 2 x dps or is it more random? Is it always the same group? Voice or just chat?

Quote: Originally Posted by Alec_Fortescue View Post
Gold is relatively simple in solo if you're good and queue dodge bads/cheaters. Top 3 is a completely different story - gold only requirers some dedication and free time. I rocketed 200-300 points in few days on my jug dps from 1600 ish.
I wonder if you could also do that with a new (1200) strictly dps jugg. I have been stuck at 1400 on Vader forever now, and the problem is that I am often the one pulling in people with poor rating, witch means our team might consist of 1500, 1400, 1200 and 900. That tends to be a problem on a jugg, as I can not really carry anyone as I am often focused first, and my team mates are not capable of exchanging my life for the life of an enemy.

At 1600 you are probably pulling in better team mates I think. Maybe I am wrong (?)

Janglor's Avatar


Janglor
05.24.2018 , 07:16 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
How does group ranked work? Do you always roll with healer / tank / 2 x dps or is it more random? Is it always the same group? Voice or just chat? (?)
We had a constant rotation of 6-8 guildies (2 heals, 5 dps or so, and me tanking) that our team always comprised of. We'd plug and play based on who was online.

Some teams have the same constant 4, but most are a group of associated players in a few guilds that just make teams out of who is currently available. Discord is a giant help in this. Add people online you enjoy playing with in solo ranked, and ask them about making a team for granked.

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
05.24.2018 , 07:31 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Janglor View Post
We had a constant rotation of 6-8 guildies (2 heals, 5 dps or so, and me tanking) that our team always comprised of. We'd plug and play based on who was online.

Some teams have the same constant 4, but most are a group of associated players in a few guilds that just make teams out of who is currently available. Discord is a giant help in this. Add people online you enjoy playing with in solo ranked, and ask them about making a team for granked.
I am not social enough for this!

(Thank you, I am considering granked.)

LordTurin's Avatar


LordTurin
05.24.2018 , 07:37 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
You just proved he is right..
The joke


Your head
Dragonslayer Mitthendil the Revanchist - Mercenary ||
Mitth'raw'nurudo from Beyond - Powertech || Elenmil the Revanchist - Scoundrel
Click this to say thank you if my post was helpful! :
http://www.swtor.com/r/lGKMGB

Janglor's Avatar


Janglor
05.24.2018 , 08:52 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by LordTurin View Post
The joke


Your head
^^^^^^