Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

It would take me 16 weeks to reach 258 for 1 character

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
It would take me 16 weeks to reach 258 for 1 character

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.20.2019 , 05:33 AM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
I would mind it less if I only ever played 1 character and 1 spec, but in the past wee, I have messed around with:

Decp-sin (70)
Hatred-Sin (70)
Decep-sin (New)
Jugg-DPS (70)
Jugg-DPS (New)
Jugg-Tank (New)
Con-op (70)
Marauder (70)

This gearing system is completely incompatible with an active ALT-life
From my point of view I wouldnt say so. I am gearing:

Sentinel dps 2x
Mara dps
Shadow dps+tank
Assasin dps+tank
Mando dps
Merc dps
Sage heal
Sorc heal
Vanguard dps
PT dps

Doing that all at once. Several toons are already finished with full 258. I did have a big stockpile of UCs at start. However, due to lack of time to play the game the only thing I did when i logged in was play these toons for the gear. In my case it was fun, but I dont suppose thats the case of other people
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

Sertar's Avatar


Sertar
02.20.2019 , 05:48 AM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I know when 5.10 was released in December, I was unable to go to Ossus unless through the story.
Maybe they patched it since then or maybe it was bugged for both me and my wife (nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to bugs in this game).
Why are you making things up? Is it so hard to argue with facts? You just missed it. But no, it probably was bugged..

Lundorff's Avatar


Lundorff
02.20.2019 , 06:05 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
From my point of view I wouldnt say so. I am gearing:

Sentinel dps 2x
Mara dps
Shadow dps+tank
Assasin dps+tank
Mando dps
Merc dps
Sage heal
Sorc heal
Vanguard dps
PT dps

Doing that all at once. Several toons are already finished with full 258. I did have a big stockpile of UCs at start. However, due to lack of time to play the game the only thing I did when i logged in was play these toons for the gear. In my case it was fun, but I dont suppose thats the case of other people
Christ dude... you are quite dedicated (and somewhat masochistic heh). How many UCs did you have?

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.20.2019 , 06:35 AM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Christ dude... you are quite dedicated (and somewhat masochistic heh). How many UCs did you have?
125k UCs. Well, it gives you something to do. I imagine people are not into this stuff, for them the game should be fun etc, but for me such planning and execution is fun the only thing which I feared was that 6.0 was supposed to come much sooner, but it was postponed, which will make me geared for a long time. Otherwise it would have been a waste.
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

foxmob's Avatar


foxmob
02.20.2019 , 11:17 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I mean it might just be me, but I love this stuff, make google spreadsheets, tables calculate stuff and then you will see all toons, current state and what you need to do.

Yes, if you are not a friend to this then yes, it can be frustrating, but still, the missions are straight forwards and its quite easy to do the "routine" on one toon.
I created a network of toons on each server specifically for this. when I came back and everything had merged, I had no idea who was whom and from which server. I had duplicate crafters and story progressions. It's a painstaking process to figure out which is which. the only toons that were easy to sort were the ones with duplicate names because it tells me their origin server on the note that the name needs to change. lol
Krack

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.20.2019 , 04:38 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by Sertar View Post
Why are you making things up? Is it so hard to argue with facts? You just missed it. But no, it probably was bugged..
Maybe I missed or maybe it was a bug. It was in December and I know both my wife and I looked all over the galaxy map to find a flight point.
But please, insult me some more and insinuate Iím lying for no reason could you be any more childish

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.20.2019 , 04:51 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
From my point of view I wouldnt say so. I am gearing:

Sentinel dps 2x
Mara dps
Shadow dps+tank
Assasin dps+tank
Mando dps
Merc dps
Sage heal
Sorc heal
Vanguard dps
PT dps

Doing that all at once. Several toons are already finished with full 258. I did have a big stockpile of UCs at start. However, due to lack of time to play the game the only thing I did when i logged in was play these toons for the gear. In my case it was fun, but I dont suppose thats the case of other people
You and Lunoff are like me with Alts. Except Iím more like lundoff than yourself. I only want to pvp and I want to gear all of them and not be limited to gearing one at a time or using legacy gear to swap back and forth.

2x Mara
Sent
2x Sorc
Sage
2x Jugg
Guardian
2x Sniper
Merc
Operative
Sin
Shadow

Whatís a real pain for me is up until yesterday I was under the impression I couldnít take my toonís to Ossus unless I finished all the chapters (if I wanted to make my own comp choices) or skipped ahead if I didnít care what comps I had.
So the 10000 UCs Iíd collected have just been sitting there for most of my Alts because Iíd given up grinding gear or even playing that much after this dumb system was added. Iíd also stopped bothering to try and get the reputation higher.

Iím also still waiting for Biowares promise that 252 items drop from tier 4 crates because Iíve seen none after opening about 200 of them. I only know of one person on the forums thatís got one. So from my point of view, itís just another lie from Bioware that we could gear that way too.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
02.20.2019 , 05:07 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by merovejec View Post
I imagine people are not into this stuff, for them the game should be fun
This is a major point that BioWare have forgotten since 5.0 and even before. When they made the story more and more a solo thing from Revan onwards, itís sucked the life out of the pve game for me because I use to only do pve to play with my wife. When we could not play together I stopped playing pve.

The only shinning light still on the game for me was pvp because I dedicated all my time to it. Then 5.0 was released and it killed gearing, it killed lowbie and mid pvp for lvling up my Alts, it killed my pvp guild, it killed the servers which made them merge and move them to the east coast, which killed my ping.

BioWare have made this game less fun for me and Iím sure many others over the last 3 years. Iím honestly suprised any of us are still here and extremely surprised that I am. If I could find another game that was a SW MMO or a space opera MMO (not bows and arrows or flint lock guns), then I would have been gone long ago.

If they make this game any less fun, it will close down faster and faster as more people leave. It seems since 5.0 that BioWare have made a concerted effort to accelerate the decline in subscriber players and they keep doubling down to make it happen every time they release something new.

If they were any other type of business they would be bankrupt and would have all been fired for the incompetence of driving all their customers away and running the company into the ground. When swtor closes and most of these people lose their jobs and have to work in the real world again, they will be in for a rude shock, especially Musco.

Banderal's Avatar


Banderal
02.20.2019 , 05:34 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Iím also still waiting for Biowares promise that 252 items drop from tier 4 crates because Iíve seen none after opening about 200 of them. I only know of one person on the forums thatís got one. So from my point of view, itís just another lie from Bioware that we could gear that way too.
I got a 252, er... implant or relic, I forget which, from I think my 2nd or 3rd crate after the 252/258 gear went live... and then nothing for, as you say, the hundred or so after that so far. I saw someone post in fleet gen chat that Eric claimed the drop rate was 1%. They provided no link or anything to where they supposedly got that number, so I'm sure like most things you hear/read here, it's worth every penny you paid.

Slippery When'wet, FistFullOfCandy - SF

merovejec's Avatar


merovejec
02.21.2019 , 02:24 AM | #50
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This is a major point that BioWare have forgotten since 5.0 and even before. When they made the story more and more a solo thing from Revan onwards, itís sucked the life out of the pve game for me because I use to only do pve to play with my wife. When we could not play together I stopped playing pve.
Well and what do other MMOs do? Have you seen WoW? We left swtor for a brief time to play Legion expansion in WoW and that had the same kind of grind. You finished story which got you from level 100 to 110 and then it was all about getting gear and points for your weapon. So in the end the games tend to be about the same.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The only shinning light still on the game for me was pvp because I dedicated all my time to it. Then 5.0 was released and it killed gearing, it killed lowbie and mid pvp for lvling up my Alts, it killed my pvp guild, it killed the servers which made them merge and move them to the east coast, which killed my ping.
Yes, here I have to agree that before it was fun to level a toon via PVP and gain PVP coms, which you used to buy a full ranked gear set when you reached level cap. Now regs are a nightmare and its not enjoyable at all. The only games I like in regs are arenas when there is not enough people in que.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
BioWare have made this game less fun for me and Iím sure many others over the last 3 years. Iím honestly suprised any of us are still here and extremely surprised that I am. If I could find another game that was a SW MMO or a space opera MMO (not bows and arrows or flint lock guns), then I would have been gone long ago.
I am surprised to still see you here, since you kept on leaving as I said, I am the systematic type and for me it is still fun the way it is. I can imagine many people leaving cause of this, but then again majority of the population is not in for the PVP or PVE, they just play dress up and RP so.....
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130