Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The state of Solo Ranked and Season 11

LinkinPein
02.19.2019 , 12:24 PM | #101
I sh*t you not, a human being actually wrote this:

https://imgur.com/a/cRk3ei5

And then people think they can effectively do something about anything. Seriously, who are they hiring to deal with reports? It's hilarious.

No wait... it's sad.

No wait... it's disheratening.

LinkinPein
02.19.2019 , 12:34 PM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
you take all of this waaaaaay too seriously. the pvp is dead in this game. the titles are meaningless, so are the flairs, everything. this game has reached a point of emptyness. we have no expansion date in sight just a handfull of vague promises and a stale going on 3 years expansion. just enjoy the game man, recognize ranked is to have fun in arena deathmatching and forget about it mattering. it doesnt.... it took me awhile to understand, but after 2 seasons of knowing several wintraders, account selling, watching backfilling/trading/multibotting I understand its not legit. but as long as I get the rewards Im ok with it.

however the current state skill level in solos has reached a level of incompetence that is no longer enjoyable, and certainly not worth some outfit... that Im going to dye black and wear for supposedly enjoyable content.

I wouldnt sit through this queue even for furious gear. as cool as it looks its meaningless to wear in a game with slow pops and next to 0 skill level. (this assessment is based on the state of solo ranked proceeding the 258 main/offhand crystal preseason)
Oh, yeah. I'm just doing this as my ''farewell'' letter. With that said, I do feel the ''end of times'' is close. They would have to ban cheaters, fix matchmaking, improve gearing for PvPers and launch a meaningful 6.0 for me to consider playing past this week. I really have no desire to log in, nor have I been playing since the season ended.

LinkinPein
02.19.2019 , 02:19 PM | #103
This one is the winner so far:

https://imgur.com/a/XU0YEp8

merovejec
02.20.2019 , 12:22 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
Iíve finished compiling a list of people I know 100% manipulated their ratings.
And they call me Detective Merovejec
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

merovejec
02.20.2019 , 12:24 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by LinkinPein View Post
I sh*t you not, a human being actually wrote this:

https://imgur.com/a/cRk3ei5

And then people think they can effectively do something about anything. Seriously, who are they hiring to deal with reports? It's hilarious.

No wait... it's sad.

No wait... it's disheratening.
Heh dont vent you anger on support ppl, they mostly do not even know what game you are talking about. You need to reach the right people directly. Just have a little faith!
Merovejec
7 days of being a sub, try it! Refferal Link
Achievements 5.10 68130

AlrikFassbauer
02.20.2019 , 08:57 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
you take all of this waaaaaay too seriously. the pvp is dead in this game. the titles are meaningless, so are the flairs,
If things are that meaningless, manipulating would be meaningless and therefore a waste of energy as well, yes ?
Complex minds
Cope with
Complex problems.

LinkinPein
02.20.2019 , 09:24 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by AlrikFassbauer View Post
If things are that meaningless, manipulating would be meaningless and therefore a waste of energy as well, yes ?
People don't care about rewards because it has been dominated by mafias who secure the rewards for themselves and make sure it stays that way. Therefore when you see a player with a top 96 reward, chances are that that player is part of a group who controls what happens inside matches.

That is not to say said player isn't ''worthy'' of the reward; most who manipulate rating are veterans with many seasons worth of experience. In other words, you can't get the reward just by cheating (unless you have many accounts and somehow can use bots to get rating). But this also means that you cannot really achieve a top 3 reward just by means of skill.

I know alot of players who are more than worthy of a top 3 title, but have decided to not even bother because of the war against the mafia such goal entails. So in then end, it all comes down to BioWare. They fail over and over to provide those who manipulate their ratings with punishment.

Let's not ignore the ''business'' behind Ranked either. People actually sell accounts with top 3 characters, what's more people actually buy them.

Lhancelot
02.20.2019 , 12:03 PM | #108
Gonna say it again, it's clear BW won't/can't investigate properly and eliminate cheating in ranked.

This means the score system ought to be changed to wins/losses point system. There's no way rating can be easily manipulated with a points system like ELO does in the present system.

The fact that this BS system in no way shows skill with what rewards a player gets, nothing is lost by making ranked rating determined by a wins/loss point system for those who feel that wins/loss point system wouldn't properly allocate the prestige skilled players deserve.

If the ELO was truly tight and not manipulated, sure, this would be missed but it seems the entire population except for BW knows high ELO is easily gained by cheating.

At least people would be encouraged to play ranked instead of avoiding it due to the toxicity of "ranked mafia" players who control and manipulate who gets the highest ELO.

Of course all of this is being written, and not one word of acknowledgement from any BW representative. They just don't give a **** if people quit the game now.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696

Lundorff
02.20.2019 , 01:17 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Gonna say it again, it's clear BW won't/can't investigate properly and eliminate cheating in ranked.

This means the score system ought to be changed to wins/losses point system. There's no way rating can be easily manipulated with a points system like ELO does in the present system.

The fact that this BS system in no way shows skill with what rewards a player gets, nothing is lost by making ranked rating determined by a wins/loss point system for those who feel that wins/loss point system wouldn't properly allocate the prestige skilled players deserve.

If the ELO was truly tight and not manipulated, sure, this would be missed but it seems the entire population except for BW knows high ELO is easily gained by cheating.

At least people would be encouraged to play ranked instead of avoiding it due to the toxicity of "ranked mafia" players who control and manipulate who gets the highest ELO.

Of course all of this is being written, and not one word of acknowledgement from any BW representative. They just don't give a **** if people quit the game now.
Yes to all of this, easily.

I would never pretend that I could "fix" PvP in this game, but after 7 years of soap opera I do think some players actually have a bit of insight.

Some of the min-max threads shows a greater understanding of gearing that BW seems to grasp themselves. Some of the guides are on a level that BW should have paid or at least honored those individual - like Vulkk or Swtorista. And, hell, even the Ranked Mafia has more insight about ranked than most of these "developers" do. As for myself, I have spend a lot of time with character names over the years, and I could compile a detailed white paper with a complete overhaul of the that system.

Meh. But why bother anymore with any of it.

Seldom have I seen a company be so ignorant of ideas and resources like current BW.

Lhancelot
02.20.2019 , 01:23 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Yes to all of this, easily.

I would never pretend that I could "fix" PvP in this game, but after 7 years of soap opera I do think some players actually have a bit of insight.

Some of the min-max threads shows a greater understanding of gearing that BW seems to grasp themselves. Some of the guides are on a level that BW should have paid or at least honored those individual - like Vulkk or Swtorista. And, hell, even the Ranked Mafia has more insight about ranked than most of these "developers" do. As for myself, I have spend a lot of time with character names of the years, and I could compile a detailed white paper with a complete overhaul of the that system.

Meh. But why bother anymore with any of it.

Seldom have I seen a company be so ignorant of ideas and resources like current BW.
Agreed.

Also, BW would save themselves a ton of trouble gutting the ELO ranked system in favor of a wins/loss point system for rating. Imagine all the petitions they'd avoid complaining about wintraders etc.

I mean just from the standpoint of making their lives easier, they'd be smart to get rid of the present ELO system. It would alleviate player stress, and studio stress.

It just goes to show, there is zero community management here, that is what this tells me when hundreds, thousands of ideas are given and not one of them ever acknowledged on these forums.

You might as well post your ideas on a personal blog for your own amusement tbh, because this studio isn't reading or considering anything the playerbase suggests.
The Revival of SWTOR: Petition for More Funding and Resources
(Click link Below For More Information)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=959696