Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

why so much queshball, vandin, huttball and opg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
why so much queshball, vandin, huttball and opg

DavidAtkinson
02.17.2019 , 04:00 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
There have been tons of posts and threads on this topic, particularly after the newest Huttball map was created. Basically they ramp up the pop rate on new maps every time they introduce them. OPG was never scaled back, and ever since it was introduced has popped more than any of the old maps.

I think it's to prove to upper management that "new content" is being played, if they make the new map pop 50% more than any other map, then theoretically more people will go through it than other maps.

It's the same thing they do with new additions like the conquest update and now the 5.10 gear grind. By funneling everyone into these activities the numbers show that the newly developed stuff is played.

It's not so much people enjoy doing them, players really have no choice unless they quit SWTOR.

If you stay playing SWTOR, you will choke down a crappier version of conquest, suffer through a boring repetitious grind in the new zone Ossus for new gears, and play non-stop Huttball matches because they pop so much more than other maps. None by real choice, forced circumstance I'd call it.

That's my theory on it anyway.
You aren't forced to play anything in SWTOR....

If you don't like the warzone map you have the leave WZ button is always read y for you to use...

TrixxieTriss
02.17.2019 , 04:52 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
There have been tons of posts and threads on this topic, particularly after the newest Huttball map was created. Basically they ramp up the pop rate on new maps every time they introduce them. OPG was never scaled back, and ever since it was introduced has popped more than any of the old maps.

I think it's to prove to upper management that "new content" is being played, if they make the new map pop 50% more than any other map, then theoretically more people will go through it than other maps.

It's the same thing they do with new additions like the conquest update and now the 5.10 gear grind. By funneling everyone into these activities the numbers show that the newly developed stuff is played.

It's not so much people enjoy doing them, players really have no choice unless they quit SWTOR.

If you stay playing SWTOR, you will choke down a crappier version of conquest, suffer through a boring repetitious grind in the new zone Ossus for new gears, and play non-stop Huttball matches because they pop so much more than other maps. None by real choice, forced circumstance I'd call it.

That's my theory on it anyway.
But what’s sad about the conquest update is some of them are bugged. Tried to do an uprising for the first time ever this week because it’s in the conquest. Neither my wife or I could go in as a group because it’s bugged for us. We also tried to do BT on MM and the first and last bosses are bugged. Luckily the middle boss needed as part of the conquest wasn’t bugged.

The whole problem with BioWare increasing pop times on new stuff or trying to make people play the way they want is the bugs. If there were no bugs, no desync or other issues, less people would complain, less people would care and less people would hate the new stuff as much.

But BioWare feel the need to stick a feeding tube down players throats to make people consume what they just did, bugs, broken systems and all.
Not only does this annoy people, but it makes people hate the new stuff even after they revert it to a reasonable rate.

I think more people would enjoy the new Ossus stuff if BioWare weren’t trying to make everyone play it daily to grind gear. People are essentially being force fed again and are annoyed. They will end up hating Ossus too because of it.

TrixxieTriss
02.17.2019 , 04:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
You aren't forced to play anything in SWTOR....

If you don't like the warzone map you have the leave WZ button is always read y for you to use...
Not always an option unless you are in the middle of prime time. Pop times have really dropped recently and leaving and requeing can make you wait more than 10mins or more.
I guess if you don’t mind waiting for another match (that could be the same as what just left), then you aren’t being forced.