Why Sub?

AlienEyeTX

Ok, there's been enough "stuff" being flung lately about the treatment of subs and the direction of this game. I'm not going to rehash all of it here. However, the one thing this year that has been clear is that a huge benefit of subscribing to this game is that you get access to the full class story, all expansions, and full access to the KotFE story. Other than that, there really isn't much benefit to subscribing.

But today, on an email address not associated with this account, I received an email which, in part, contained this:

Unlock access to the full expansion story -- no Subscrption required! Be there for the epic confrontation!

Seriously? So they lied about making the entire story "exclusive to subscribers." I understood when they gave people a taste with access to Chapter 1. But here we are only 1 or 2 months later... before the season is even over... and they are already giving it away.

What is the point of subscribing?

When will the lies stop?

When will BW start to respect the people who pay for this game (and more) every month?

This is just... you guessed it: Another. Slap. In. The. Face.

:t_mad:

But you have to pay for it, correct?

Technically if you sub for the first time now, you'd get access to everything, and can simply cancel your sub after that. It says "unlock", which makes me assume they are buying something, correct?

Or, you know, he made it all up so he can feel special about himself.

Though to be fair, you can pretty easily falsify an email by messing with the web page code. So I'd prefer that other's come in to comfirm then a pictre that can easily be made in around 5 minutes.

Edited by Codedrago

It doesn't sound like they are giving it away. It sounds like it's that one-time-purchase deal that I've seen.

If they truly said "exclusive to subscribers," then yeah, they're going back on that. But I doubt they are handing out the whole thing for free.

It's just tricky wording...

I got the same email.

The link leads you to this: http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/pack

Basically it says "whole story without a subscription" as in "you don't need a sub right NOW but you can get one for a cheaper price due to the 5th year anniversary!"

So...no, you still have to pay, etc. to get it. it's basically just a cheaper price to get it.

I got the same email.

Basically it says "whole story without a subscription" as in "you don't need a sub right NOW but you can get one for a cheaper price due to the 5th year anniversary!"

So...no, you still have to pay, etc. to get it. it's basically just a cheaper price to get it.

ah geez, thanks for clarifying, what am I supposed to do with this pitchfork and torch now?

Just do what I do and set your own house on fire, at least it will be a laugh for the neighbourhood.

Hmmm, I'm guessing no one would notice, or more to the point, be glad I burned my house down. Now, if I want maximum carnage to the neighborhood, the 7-11 must go.

I got the same email.

Lol, I just got it too. But I think it was to a different email than the one I'm subscribed with.

I got the same email.

Well, here's that part of the mail: http://s1042.photobucket.com/user/AETX/media/swtor-unlock_zpsl7nqnozk.jpg.html

And, you're right. Part of what they are selling is pre-paid game time instead of a subscription. Same thing in my opinion, so this is now just insulting in another way.

These people never fail to disappoint.

***EDIT***

Also noticed they have a typo in there. Again, they never fail...

Edited by AlienEyeTX

Because you think the perks are worth it. If not, then you shouldn't. Maybe I'm confused on the email. Purchase game time and get expansions to date has been a thing since kotfe...

I had not clicked the link before. Why would I?

But, still... selling game time is the same as selling a sub. So, I don't know.

Nothing to see here.

The deal is why sub is right. OP is right in their initial reaction but for the wrong reason. They always billed this chapter system as a reason to sub yes, but what they are saying is the new chapter story that we have and many sub for all these months now is really not worth the money they paid and its so not worth the money they paid we are giving a 30 day prepaid sub to the game for free as part of the package of a 60 token and 555 cartel coins.

you are welcome to look at it the other way if you want they want you to pay for teh 30 days prepaid but will give 2k in cartel coins for free. in the end its still we do not care about how long someone subs because we will get you the content we stretched out for all these months which you can do in a single 30 day prepaid came card.

hhhhhhmmmmmmmm OP your right ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!! why sub just wait 6 or so months when they are desperate and pay 19.99 get lots of free goodies from the CM and enjoy the very short and very lame story.

THANK YOU OP this is the game plan now.

The deal is why sub is right. OP is right in their initial reaction but for the wrong reason. They always billed this chapter system as a reason to sub yes, but what they are saying is the new chapter story that we have and many sub for all these months now is really not worth the money they paid and its so not worth the money they paid we are giving a 30 day prepaid sub to the game for free as part of the package of a 60 token and 555 cartel coins.

This is a usual tactic when releasing particular new content or nearing te end/beginning of somthing in MMO's. Hell, they did a simmilar thing when KOFTE first launched. THis is especially expected with it being the 5 year anniversary of SWTOR.

you are welcome to look at it the other way if you want they want you to pay for teh 30 days prepaid but will give 2k in cartel coins for free. in the end its still we do not care about how long someone subs because we will get you the content we stretched out for all these months which you can do in a single 30 day prepaid came card.

hhhhhhmmmmmmmm OP your right ABSOLUTELY RIGHT!!!!! why sub just wait 6 or so months when they are desperate and pay 19.99 get lots of free goodies from the CM and enjoy the very short and very lame story.

THANK YOU OP this is the game plan now.

Obviously that wasn't my intention, but I certainly can't blame you if you do that.

Besides, for some people, that might be the right way to go. I, personally, like getting the bits of story every month with KotFE. But, I understand that some people like getting a chunk rather than a crumb. For them, the solution of waiting might help it feel more like a "real" expansion. You know, minus the non-story bits.