Analysis: Sneek Peek.

WLpride

A lot of people have been asking for more information on our future plans. What are we going to provide for players in terms of features and content? While we’ve given some information on what features we’re working on, we haven’t given much detail about content. We’ve said that we’ll be providing new Flashpoints, Operations and Warzones. Now we’d like to give some more details on what they are.

Next month we're going to be releasing a new Flashpoint and an expanded Operation. The new Flashpoint involves a plague that could have significant repercussions across the galaxy. It takes place on a brand new world and involves some pretty epic battles. I can’t go into much detail, but be prepared for something different. The expanded Operation takes the existing Karagga’s palace scenario and more than triples it in size. It includes three new boss monsters and some pretty epic set pieces. You won’t believe the last boss, so we’ve provided an image as a tease.

We plan to continue releasing Flashpoints, Operations, Warzones and new game systems on a regular cadence. This patch coming early next year is only a taste of what is to come. Stay tuned for more announcements!

From what I feel so far about the game and the immediacy of the direction that I see so far is a road to failure in 1 year. At the very minimum you can expect most PvP servers to be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced in player quantity and length of game time spent playing, meaning no long-term PvP vested interests. That's great, it sounds like were gonna see some more great filler content as expansions. That will really bring in the subs, I mean the minority solo rpg'er.

More flashpoints are you guys serious? I'm sorry but I see that cyborg-spider-thing (which looks pretty much the same but differnt color and slightly different that the Coruscant mini World Bass. That could be very cool if it was like a scripted NPC or something like PvP related but do we really need to keep up the routine with Flashpoints? In my opinion Flashpoints aren't worth my time except to 'watch' one or too times and that is really it. I would have absolutely no interest what-so-ever in replaying that kind of content more than once or twice.

Perhaps you guys need to see what happens in terms of realistic feedback from your players. Perhaps you need to listen to the threads demanding Planet PvP. Perhaps you need to listen to the players demanding more living and breathing Planets with more interactable and larger social areas. Perhaps not, who knows, we will see what the real population majority wants. We will see if that really matters to the maker of Bioware-EA MMORRG.

Edited by WLpride

Ill just copy here my post from Sneek Peek thread:

"I dont think that new Instance and Raid is this that SWTOR needs in first big update.

Im was very happy that daspite this that i find this game HEAVILY based on WoW i found it also COMPLETELY different in gameplay style that WoW.

Sad thing that Bioware will follow very bad game expanding path... new instance after new instance (and raiding stuff) plus one cap increase addon per 2 years.

BORING.

Srsly guys... basides this that YOU CANT BEAT WOW BY SERVING MORE WOW you dont have other ideas?

Im really eager to see more storytelling, more planets, more fluff stuff, legacy system, REAL SPACE COMBAT not minigame, less linear quest paths, expanded player housing, expanded crafting (especially missions - they are boring lolz) NOT NEW FLASHPOINT (exciting! 1H OF GAMEPLAY THEN BORING FARM STATUS) and "oh look i have this Tier 678 Shoulders from generic raid boss XXX".

Just stick to things that makes this gme UNIQUE and FUN not generic instanced content that i play in RIFT, WOW, etc... and endless gear hunt.

Im not prophet but i think if you (bioware) will stick with adding flashpoints and vertical (tiered) content that will be abandoned right after next patch this game will fail like many before that follow this path (besides WoW ofc) and you pretty an handcrafted world will be ghost town as soon as players hit 50 and stic to "new flashpoint".

Bottom line.... new Flashpoint? Dissapointing and honestly (and sadly) predictable.

Thx."

Add heavy instancing, almost no World PvP bacause of these instancing and i clearly see another WOW copycat failure.

It will be just like RIFT - great Themepark MMORPG with cool new features completely wasted by focusing on tiered content upgrades that nobody cares after 1 week with endless gear hunt, fucusing on hardcore endgame raid-farmers minority, community destroying features like crossrealms LFG and poor technical execution (INSTANCING).

Dont go that way Bioware - as i say... you cant beat WoW by being like WoW.

Edited by Pinia

Yes because 4 days into a new game just released and they are in the position to release "Massive updates" like World PvP and Space Combat PvP.

The bottom line is this, if they had big updates already they would have released it with the game on the 20th.

How about this.

Everyone complains that there are certain things "Not complete" with this game, Nodes, UI Interfaces etc etc. (Im not disagreeing, ive encountered them too but its nothing game breaking)

So why are you trying to make them "Rush out" with massive updates?

Surely getting a flashpoint/extended op/new Warzone every month up to say... the 6th month when they have a massive patch and release a BIG update is better than absolutely no content until the 6th month when they release loads and loads of stuff.

The simple thing is this, this is an online game, its not a SP where its easy to fix the stuff thats broken, a rolling MMO has a lot more difficulties.

Have you seen WoWs weekly updates? Fixing like 100 bugs a week?

From what ive seen on here so far, im updating every day because BW are fixing key bugs (The taris bug sorted yesterday) and on tuesdays (Their patch day) they are fixing all the rest of the bugs that arent "Game breaking".

How about you relax, get on with the game and worry about new additional content when it is released. And how about this, you sample the games current content first before worrying about new stuff?

Even in 10 days you honestly cant say you have done EVERYTHING this game has to offer? Have you got 16 50s? Have you picked up all the Datacrons? Have you completed every single Operation in the game? Valour 60?

No i didnt think so.

Give them time and they will deliver. This isnt Blizzard or Jagex we're talking about (Customer service has always been shocking). This is Bioware and Star wars Nerds from Lucas arts coming together to create this game. They arent in it for their paychecks. They are more passionate than most Game Devs.

I have faith in them and so should you. They havent done anything as of yet to show otherwise IMO.

"I dont think that new Instance and Raid is this that SWTOR needs in first big update.

I wouldnt consider a new Operation and Flashpoint their first "Big Update".

Its a extra content patch. Nothing more.

Hell, im gonna go out on a limb here and say i consider WoWs "Big updates" to be BC, WOTLK and Cata?

I'd be quite eager to know if BW and Lucasarts will branch into Expansions for this game.

Edited by Anthonytats

Everyone complains that there are certain things "Not complete" with this game, Nodes, UI Interfaces etc etc. (Im not disagreeing, ive encountered them too but its nothing game breaking)

So why are you trying to make them "Rush out" with massive updates?

Surely getting a flashpoint/extended op/new Warzone every month up to say... the 6th month when they have a massive patch and release a BIG update is better than absolutely no content until the 6th month when they release loads and loads of stuff.

Nice try, but that's not what I'm saying. I don't want them to rush anything, other than basic necessity type stuff. I WANT them to take the time, especially since the release is out and after things are running more smoothly.

The most important thing I notice is simply the direction that they are thinking for the game. Yes it's their game, they should know best, but that is not always the case. It is always too late by time these things are noticed in time. That is why we want to see the Bioware directors have a very smart vision for success as a MMORPG in this days market. I'm not saying that they can't or won't find success because I'm only making a educated prediction here. At launch it's pretty clear that PvP and Mega-Social institutions are not priority, and that accounts for a very big chunk of people subscriped right now.

Nice try, but that's not what I'm saying. I don't want them to rush anything, other than basic necessity type stuff. I WANT them to take the time, especially since the release is out and after things are running more smoothly.

The most important thing I notice is simply the direction that they are thinking for the game. Yes it's their game, they should know best, but that is not always the case. It is always too late by time these things are noticed in time. That is why we want to see the Bioware directors have a very smart vision for success as a MMORPG in this days market. I'm not saying that they can't or won't find success because I'm only making a educated prediction here. At launch it's pretty clear that PvP and Mega-Social institutions are not priority, and that accounts for a very big chunk of people subscriped right now.

Last sentence... Oh god another "I SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY SHUT UP ALREADY" post.

Really?

You think that solid world PvP is a "NECESSITY".

Its not. By ANY MEANS.

Its actually an Add on. Im not going to say what others think because i honestly dont know. For me though, i would rather have the CURRENT game being polished off, all the bugs ironed out and just have the experience a bit more smoother.

That for me is a Necessity.

No PvP isnt a priority. They already said that. They are more concerned with having the game running properly for the next couple of weeks.

And im sorry... You dont want them to rush out with PvP updates?

You then post a thread commenting on EXACTLY that. That instead of them bringing out big updates for PvP straight away in the first patch they are bringing out a little extra content for PvE. OH DEAR GOD WHAT WILL WE EVER DO.

Perhaps you guys need to see what happens in terms of realistic feedback from your players. Perhaps you need to listen to the threads demanding Planet PvP. Perhaps you need to listen to the players demanding more living and breathing Planets with more interactable and larger social areas. Perhaps not, who knows, we will see what the real population majority wants. We will see if that really matters to the maker of Bioware-EA MMORRG.

For the love of god, show me this "Majority" of people SCREAMING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD for World PvP? Im fair, so i will accept 500000 posts (All from different people) which is just under half of the "Majority".

There isnt a "Majority" SCREAMING for PvP worlds.

There is a MINORITY of Level 50s who have skipped every piece of content to max level and are now CRYING because they are "Amazing" PvPers in WoW, CS:S etc etc who NEED To prove their E-Pen or they will literally curl up and cry themselves to sleep.

Seriously, PvP does NOT come above any kind of bug fixes.

If you want a severly bugged PvP with new PvP content every stupid week then go back to WoW.

The most important thing I notice is simply the direction that they are thinking for the game. Yes it's their game, they should know best, but that is not always the case.

Yes, their direction is clear due they posting sneak peek about flashpoint and expanded raid. That's all they going to do now on since we can deduce that from the massive amount of data we have.

Last sentence... Oh god another "I SPEAK FOR THE MAJORITY SHUT UP ALREADY" post.

Really?

You think that solid world PvP is a "NECESSITY".

Its not. By ANY MEANS.

Its actually an Add on. Im not going to say what others think because i honestly dont know. For me though, i would rather have the CURRENT game being polished off, all the bugs ironed out and just have the experience a bit more smoother.

That for me is a Necessity.

No PvP isnt a priority. They already said that. They are more concerned with having the game running properly for the next couple of weeks.

And im sorry... You dont want them to rush out with PvP updates?

You then post a thread commenting on EXACTLY that. That instead of them bringing out big updates for PvP straight away in the first patch they are bringing out a little extra content for PvE. OH DEAR GOD WHAT WILL WE EVER DO.

For the love of god, show me this "Majority" of people SCREAMING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD for World PvP? Im fair, so i will accept 500000 posts (All from different people) which is just under half of the "Majority".

There isnt a "Majority" SCREAMING for PvP worlds.

There is a MINORITY of Level 50s who have skipped every piece of content to max level and are now CRYING because they are "Amazing" PvPers in WoW, CS:S etc etc who NEED To prove their E-Pen or they will literally curl up and cry themselves to sleep.

Seriously, PvP does NOT come above any kind of bug fixes.

If you want a severly bugged PvP with new PvP content every stupid week then go back to WoW.

I'm sorry that PvP only servers are roughly half of all servers. So please ****. Do you think WE would be happy with swtor with only 500,000 subscriptions? What do you think subscriptions are good for or do you want another 50,000 MMO in a year from now?

Get your head around what MMO means Ok in this day and age, and pls ffs don't compare it to any other games. Many games can bring players once but not many can hold them.

You right though, thanks I'll try to rephrase my point about PvP being taken seriously and not rushed.

Edited by WLpride

Yes, their direction is clear due they posting sneak peek about flashpoint and expanded raid. That's all they going to do now on since we can deduce that from the massive amount of data we have.

It's simply the law of averages bro. PvP and Social was rushed and it shows. Next we get PvE still as the priority. I'm seeing a pattern already.

Even though I don't agree with the OP's approach to this topic, I think world pvp is an important issue that needs to be addressed.

It's been said many times, but DAoC did it right. Darkness Falls was the best pvp concept any developer has put into a game, and the Star Wars universe has plenty of reasons to implement a similar construct. World pvp that gives both pvp and pve incentives benefits everybody.

I'm all for expanding pve (more flashpoints, more operations), but I speak as a player who only plays on pve servers when I say that pvp content should be encouraged, for the good of the entire game, not just for the hardcore pvp crowd.

Edited by Greyfeld

Yes because 4 days into a new game just released and they are in the position to release "Massive updates" like World PvP and Space Combat PvP.

They actually aren't in the position to release massive updates.

They need to fix the current content first before they focus on new raid tiers. If they don't, SWTOR will just be host to a loot bag, buggy endgame.

Edited by Lord_Itharius

Even though I don't agree with the OP's approach to this topic, I think world pvp is an important issue that needs to be addressed.

It's been said many times, but DAoC did it right. Darkness Falls was the best pvp concept any developer has put into a game, and the Star Wars universe has plenty of reasons to implement a similar construct. World pvp that gives both pvp and pve incentives benefits everybody.

I'm all for expanding pve (more flashpoints, more operations), but I speak as a player who only plays on pve servers when I say that pvp content should be encouraged, for the good of the entire game, not just for the hardcore pvp crowd.

This man speaks truth.

Im was very happy that daspite this that i find this game HEAVILY based on WoW i found it also COMPLETELY different in gameplay style that WoW.

Sad thing that Bioware will follow very bad game expanding path... new instance after new instance (and raiding stuff) plus one cap increase addon per 2 years.

BORING.

Srsly guys... basides this that YOU CANT BEAT WOW BY SERVING MORE WOW you dont have other ideas?

Im really eager to see more storytelling, more planets, more fluff stuff, legacy system, REAL SPACE COMBAT not minigame, less linear quest paths, expanded player housing, expanded crafting (especially missions - they are boring lolz) NOT NEW FLASHPOINT (exciting! 1H OF GAMEPLAY THEN BORING FARM STATUS) and "oh look i have this Tier 678 Shoulders from generic raid boss XXX".

Just stick to things that makes this gme UNIQUE and FUN not generic instanced content that i play in RIFT, WOW, etc... and endless gear hunt.

Im not prophet but i think if you (bioware) will stick with adding flashpoints and vertical (tiered) content that will be abandoned right after next patch this game will fail like many before that follow this path (besides WoW ofc) and you pretty an handcrafted world will be ghost town as soon as players hit 50 and stic to "new flashpoint".

Bottom line.... new Flashpoint? Dissapointing and honestly (and sadly) predictable.

Thx."

Add heavy instancing, almost no World PvP bacause of these instancing and i clearly see another WOW copycat failure.

It will be just like RIFT - great Themepark MMORPG with cool new features completely wasted by focusing on tiered content upgrades that nobody cares after 1 week with endless gear hunt, fucusing on hardcore endgame raid-farmers minority, community destroying features like crossrealms LFG and poor technical execution (INSTANCING).

Dont go that way Bioware - as i say... you cant beat WoW by being like WoW.

You are.. BORING. All of your posts are flaming the game wich is BOOORING. I think you overuse the word BOORING.

Darkness Falls was indeed fun PvP. Combination of running a graduated gauntlet of mobs and bosses and all the while watching for the other realms to break through with some overpowered whup***. Always kinda kept me alert anyway.

I don't think it would work quite as well with only two realms though.

We should consult with Mandalore.

Yes, well. There's a huge problem with suggesting anything with this game.

TL;DR:

This is not the post you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along, move along.

Star Wars: The Old Republic has been marketed towards around about twenty or so different gamer personality archetypes (Social, roleplayers, PvP'ers, PvE'ers, raiders, crafters, group players, solo players, single-game players, consolers, gatherers, story-liners, daily repeaters, questers, MMO-players, grinders, Min-Maxers, Objective-players, etc.). There is, essentially, no, "Majority," that I've been able to find by talking to everybody and striking up debates about the game in-game.

The problem doesn't appear too obvious right now, because most people are too busy focused on the levelling content as it is. Right now, it's an innovative stroke of genius to create a game that can meet the needs (JUST meet the expectations) of many of the gaming population. You really do have to take a closer look at what many of the complaint threads are about though, and the responses they get, and I'm paraphrasing here; "That's such a small thing, and it isn't game-breaking. Not worth Dev. time," "Oooh, yeah, because clearly it's soooo important for the Devs to work on the content that just you and a few of your friends want," "TL:DR. Your point trying to be you're worth more to the game than anyone else."

When you actually start talking about things you'd like to see in the game, or when somebody else suggests something, it's very interesting to sit back and watch the responses. Nobody has the same opinion, and that isn't because their unique: It's because the aren't in the same gaming personality group. It's only when someone finds a member of their own group that there are two coinciding opinions, and that's very rare in this game indeed. The usual drumroll in other games is, whenever somebody whines that what they want isn't in the game, everybody pounces on them and tells them to just get out of the game if they don't like it. In SW:TOR, however, everybody begins bickering with everyone else. No, no. There isn't a right and wrong side; EVERYBODY fights with EVERYONE. Each man to himself, to phrase it.

Is anyone spotting the problem yet? It isn't that SW:TOR has any disturbing direction, it's the complete lack of any, which is a penalty for satisfying the needs of the many. But that's not what anybody wants. They want their niche group to be focused on and expanded, which is just as perfectly justified as the next person to suggest more for the members of their group. Of course, not everybody can have their wants satisfied, which is fine. The game developers need to make a clear-cut choice of whom they are serving, and stick with them. Unless they do, it isn't that the game isn't fine and dandy - but every mistake they make will be a GLARING beacon.

Slicing wasn't a huge problem - the way the Developers handled it may have been a little heavy-handed, though. The mistake is a slight one, yet look at the response it warranted from the community at large - and please, don't forget to read the replies they receive. With nobody having their wants met, nobody is going to be happy for a long time, and when there's a negative change, it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Not to mention that when one group receives more attention, it won't go unnoticed by all the other groups.

If you want a suggestion, Bioware, pick five groups, and don't go astray from providing content for only those ten, at least when you've just started and launched your first MMO. Don't worry - there's time later to pull in others, provided there's faith left in your game. Right now, Raiders, PvE'ers, daily questers, Single-game/Solo players and story-liners are where your content is aimed at - GOOD. Keep it there. And don't you DARE market it to other groups until you're ready to accept their new wants and demands of a game.

Everybody else, please leave the building. That's it. I'm not advocating anything about my personal tastes or preferences - but the fact of the matter is, if the game isn't meeting your wants as-is, go elsewhere. I'm sorry, really. But you shouldn't have been here in the first place, and it's only by a severely flawed marketing plan that you are (Myself included).

Thanks.

Edited by Kusumura

I think more than one of us fit into more than one of your 'types'.

Yeah. Hey, I'm a roleplayer, PvP'er and social player. I never said you don't fit into more than one - but all three of those are still being quite ignored with all the content they're putting out.

Roleplay.. yeah. No. They aren't catering to us. All roleplayers have figured this out pretty quickly, but we're an adaptive bunch that works with what we've got, so it doesn't particularly matter.

Social.. Nyeh. Sad that I can't talk to a good bunch of my friends that're on the Imperial side - I mean, I literally can't say a thing to them. I can't organise any duel matches with them, I can't roleplay with them, I can PvP with them - if we're both lucky enough to just happen to bump into each other either planetside and recognise one another's characters and can chat in spatial quickly (Usually, there'll be others of our faction close-by that aren't really interested in letting us talk without making it a matter of griefing), or else it just doesn't happen. No, they're not catering to us.

Hardcore PvP'ers - now, despite the content that they seem to have - it isn't for the hardcore PvP'ers that, for example, would stand outside of Restuss in Galaxies for eight hours straight, even if nobody of their opposing faction came out to fight. Yeah. The ones that don't care about level difference (Or buff difference - we'll take a swing anyway! 'Choo got! 'Choo got!), the ones that just want to duke it out without any major or huge reward/pay-off for it. I do happen to agree with the, "Carebear," opinions most other PvP'ers have. Level 10's fighting on generally speaking even grounds with max-levelers? 'tf? That ain't gonna' work. You know my crowning achievement for Galaxies? Reaching 235000 Imperial kills on the Starsider server as an Officer. Most people when they examined me saw that and flipped a coin on whether they should focus their attention elsewhere or plan a zerg attack on me. THAT'S all the reward a PvP player wants, with just enough incentive to those who aren't really interested but want to learn. Equipment is nice, but it shouldn't be a main focus.

It's the thrill of a good fight, and the instantaneous bragging rights to everyone in your team present that comes from taking down the other sides' infamous players. It's gaining that extra buff to give you just a bit of an edge over what that other guy has. It's slaughtering anyone on the other team that're trying to quest on your turf, and visa-versa (Comm grinding, anyone?).

Going on a tangent, you know what I do in PvP matches in TOR? I let the other faction take the objective, so that when they're defending, all their focus is on me. I want them to give me their all and their best - screw the missle launching-silo (Illum - Imperials, don't even bother trying to negotiate an objective swap. I'll kill you on the spot, and every other time I even catch a whif of you, I'll track you down and chase for a half hour if need be just so I can take you out for the insult), the turret that I apparently should be slicing, that pesky bomb that's being defended, or the Huttball. Yeah. I'll act like I give a toss when other people are around from my faction, for their sakes since they want to win and apparently I need to be a 'team' player - but those who have PvP'd with me know where I'm coming from and what my own goals are. I'm there to kill, and kill as many as I can. Turret guarded by five Sith? Excellent. I'll break their stance and weaken them as best as I can for the team mates behind me to play mop-up crew and get whatever they want from the situation. An Agent that can't take a hint when I've stunned him twice and walked away to where there's more of his team, only for him to catch up and keep trying to hinder my progress towards said team members of his? Sorry buddy, you should taken the chance - I'll take the whole match's time to deal with you now if I really have to. Don't try running, it's too late for that.

Yeah. They're not meeting anything I want from the game, but as it is, there's just barely enough to tide me over until the next wind comes along to blow me towards a game that satisfies at least one of the things I'm looking for. And that's the position a lot of us are finding ourselves in now. You know that empty, nagging feeling in the back of your head? The one that just doesn't feel right - you're looking at a masterpiece of something, but it just doesn't feel like it. You know what that is?

It's that same feeling you get when your girlfriend's kept you on the line the whole day looking forward to the night - and then when it finally happens, it's just.. the same stuff, hyped differently. Hey, it feels good and all - it's just not what you thought it'd be. The way she sold it, it was going to be the most adventurous event to date in your relationship, with everything she knew you were looking for. And while there's.. one thing that's going right (Which is that it's happening), it's just not what was promised, considering you were in a mind to try and find what you wanted elsewhere before she sold all that to you.

That's disappointment. The game, in all honesty, really was marketed to be something it couldn't deliver on. Whether it is unwillingness, it is design, it is the mood - whatever it is, something's missing from what they said was there. And everybody's feeling it. That's fine, though - it'll weed out the ones whom the Devs are really focusing the game towards soon enough.

Now, I don't care if you have the gaul to say, "Oh, so you know everyone on every server, and you can speak for them all, huh?"/"No, I've got everything I want from it," blah blah blah. I'm not going to defend my statement again, when all that arguing against it proves is that you yourself haven't taken the time to feel out the crowd and do a little research into what people at large are feeling about the game and what they're getting out of it, rather than trying to choke on the fishing line down your throat and admitting that it's pride talking and that the Devs caught you too. Hell, it was REALLY good bait! You've got to give them that.

Edited by Kusumura

At launch it's pretty clear that PvP and Mega-Social institutions are not priority, and that accounts for a very big chunk of people subscriped right now.

Maybe because they understand that actual, hardcore PvP is an interest to a vast minority of people?

Seriously, even in WoW which has done everything it possibly can to make Arena PvP a competitive e-sport, the numbers of players that participate in it at the highest levels (ie more than just casual PvP) is so fractional compared to the size of the player base.

Serious PvP is very much a niche and a small one at that. You can hand wave and puff your chest out about how I am wrong, but if PvP were truely more popular, why are themepark PvE MMOs so much more popular than MMOs that focus on PvP?

From what I feel so far about the game and the immediacy of the direction that I see so far is a road to failure in 1 year. At the very minimum you can expect most PvP servers to be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced in player quantity and length of game time spent playing, meaning no long-term PvP vested interests. That's great, it sounds like were gonna see some more great filler content as expansions. That will really bring in the subs, I mean the minority solo rpg'er.

More flashpoints are you guys serious? I'm sorry but I see that cyborg-spider-thing (which looks pretty much the same but differnt color and slightly different that the Coruscant mini World Bass. That could be very cool if it was like a scripted NPC or something like PvP related but do we really need to keep up the routine with Flashpoints? In my opinion Flashpoints aren't worth my time except to 'watch' one or too times and that is really it. I would have absolutely no interest what-so-ever in replaying that kind of content more than once or twice.

LOL ... perhaps you should give a game more than two weeks before you predict it's death.

PvPers leaving always happens. In EVERY MMO. The PvPers are the first to complain, first to leave and, sadly, first to come back.

I'm glad you figured out SWTOR isn't for you though. At least then you'll cancel and we won't have to read your rediculous rhetoric......

.... until you come back again because "I saw some of the updates and thought I'd come back to try it out one more time."

If you don't like the PvP in the game then go play a different game. I'm sure you're enough of an adult to be able to, oh I don't know, play a game you enjoy. They are making content and I think that's great.

But oh wait! They didn't ask you personally what you wanted created in the first content patch to the game? How could they?! Seriously there are more people than you playing the game (and some of them don't even like pvp :eek:)

Look the point is they would be just as upset if the content patch only added pvp saying they need more pve content. The game is what it is and they will add stuff how they see fit. Please don't expect them to run their decisions on content by you first. Also don't assume that the game will fail because everyone else that plays the game has your same set a views and will react the same way as you.