Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(Sorc) Anyone Else Feel Weak After Level 35?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
(Sorc) Anyone Else Feel Weak After Level 35?

foulsmell
12.18.2011 , 07:11 AM | #11
no

but feel free to roll other classes, and dont delete your sorc, cause you'll be running back to him soon enough.
Foulsmell (bad sorc)
Kunta-Kinte (bad powertech)
Phill-achio (bad operative)
Kanga-roo (bad gunslinger)

BawssMcgee
12.18.2011 , 04:26 PM | #12
I know the answer to your problem.

Gear. Khem. Val.

arnoldlol
12.18.2011 , 05:21 PM | #13
Is this what we have to look forward to all the people who rolled sorc because they heard they were "op?"

It's called a glass cannon, step up your game and use the tools you have available and you don't have to worry about being slowed down. I know it's more work than hitting one or two button a few times per kill but it's how the class is supposed to be played.

LTXGroundzero
12.18.2011 , 08:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by BawssMcgee View Post
I know the answer to your problem.

Gear. Khem. Val.
This. So much this. I neglected him until level 24 and started to really feel it. Once you gear him up everything will be fine again. I suggest looking into that if you feel he's failing you. I would assume this is true whether level 35 or 25.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. I am all things, and yet I am nothing. In the end I belong to neither the light nor the darkness. I will forever stand alone."
--The Force shall set me free.--

NedrudRelyt
12.18.2011 , 11:20 PM | #15
1. Use whirlwind. One less target attacking Khem reduces damage done greatly (think of it as preventative healing). You have to be careful of Khem attacking what you JUST whirlwinded and working to make sure it doesn't get cleaved by him.
I recommend using it on the strongest target and leave that for last, and burn down/out the weak stuff.
2. Also use: Electrocute, Shock, Jolt to reduce damage that Khem takes.
3. Attack with force powers as you can afford to do so (especially against multiple low HP targets - thing the 'broodlings' on Balmorra).
4. Cast static barrier BEFORE the fight. You might even wait for de-ionized debuff to go down or low.
5. Avoid dark heal except with force bending (the two skill points attached to resurgence). It is force inefficient otherwise.
6. OK, more of a level 36+ piece of advice, though it has a 50% chance of applying at 35: Use consumption whenever force surge comes up (Innervate crits) to get force back.
7. An addendum to #3: Saber strike Khem's target when possible. Targets with AOEs might limit this, but otherwise, healers staying at max range is a WoW holdover (it reduced chance of aggro there).
8. As several others have said: gear up Khem. He ain't a WoW pet.

Hope all that helps.

ArcantosTrios
12.19.2011 , 12:00 AM | #16
Stop using Khem Val, hes fairly useless. Revel is a better tank and he does a ton more damage. Unlike Khem, Revel actually has a really nice damage reduction skill, and if you havn't killed what you are fighting by the time he goes down you are doing something wrong.

Krat
12.19.2011 , 12:35 AM | #17
I'll throw my hefty weight in on this subject. I'm currently 38 and literally plowing through enemies (Silver and Gold take a little more focused time). I'm running a hybrid build at the moment composed of mainly Madness. Using a combination of both Death Field and Force Storm it takes me 3 spells to demolish a group of non elites (size doesn't matter ). The basic strategy is to shield yourself, run in and start Force Storm in the middle of them then drop Death Field and finish them off with another Force Storm.

The beauty of this approach is Kem V takes little to no damage (yourself included) as most mobs seize up (think shock) and can't attack leaving them open for abuse. I gear myself for Will/Endurance/Crit. On single targets I'll use Force Lightning (which regularly crits for 400+) and dots with a Death Field thrown in to boot (Crits for 1k+). The reason I run in is due to melee types ect and if ranged are spread out I'll use a little Overload to push them in the right direction.

All in all I'm loving it. My Build

Kasias
12.19.2011 , 08:39 AM | #18
Thanks for the heads up... I recently leveled to 27.. and I have been upgrading him whenever the quest reward is up...

Enjoying the game very much so far...
Death to the Rebellion!!!
Level 28 Corupt Sorce