Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Telekinetic Throw deals damage"

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
"Telekinetic Throw deals damage"

Mireleni
01.31.2012 , 05:18 PM | #1
Both Psychic Barrier and Presence of Mind have effects that can occur when "your Telekinetic Throw deals damage". Since Telekinetic Throw is a channeled ability that occurs over three seconds, I was wondering exactly when/how often it is counted as dealing damage for the purpose of triggering these effects. At the start of the cast? At the end of the cast? Every second of the cast?

I tried doing a search for previous threads but didn't find anything. Thanks!
Visit my Resort on Tatooine!
Check out my ("award-winning") Jedi Academy on Yavin 4.
...And consider using my referral link for free goodies, if you like.

Cragen
01.31.2012 , 05:27 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Mireleni View Post
Both Psychic Barrier and Presence of Mind have effects that can occur when "your Telekinetic Throw deals damage". Since Telekinetic Throw is a channeled ability that occurs over three seconds, I was wondering exactly when/how often it is counted as dealing damage for the purpose of triggering these effects. At the start of the cast? At the end of the cast? Every second of the cast?

I tried doing a search for previous threads but didn't find anything. Thanks!
Presence of Mind is per tick of damage with Telekinetic Throw. So 4 chances per 3 second channel.

Psychic Projection seems to be at the end of the cast which is why you are able to double dip when you queue up another telekinetic throw before the first one is over.

Mireleni
01.31.2012 , 05:34 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cragen View Post
Presence of Mind is per tick of damage with Telekinetic Throw. So 4 chances per 3 second channel.

Psychic Barrier seems to be at the end of the cast which is why you are able to double dip when you queue up another telekinetic throw before the first one is over.
Nice, four chances per channel is pretty good for something with a 30% chance to proc!

Do you mean that Psychic Barrier procs when the cast ends, even if the cast is ended early? Is that how you "double dip", by casting Telekinetic Throw for maybe one second, getting the proc, then casting again to get a second proc more quickly?

SoonerJBD
01.31.2012 , 07:20 PM | #4
You can indeed get to of the double-speed channels of Telekinetic Throw when Psychic Projection procs. When you start the first one, start tapping your hot key and another will channel immediately at the increased speed. Nice doing 5,000+ damage in less than three seconds even with no crits. If you get any critical damage out of it, it's just incredible. Best damage skill we have at our disposal.

Khadroth
02.01.2012 , 08:06 AM | #5

Psychic Barrier seems to be at the end of the cast which is why you are able to double dip when you queue up another telekinetic throw before the first one is over.
You're confusing Psychic Projection (Half time TKthrow channels on WM crits) with Psychic Barrier (Force regen from dmg dealt by TKthrow).

For the OP: Pyschic Barrier regens force with every tick of dmg, just like how each tick can proc PoM.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Cragen
02.01.2012 , 09:25 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
You're confusing Psychic Projection (Half time TKthrow channels on WM crits) with Psychic Barrier (Force regen from dmg dealt by TKthrow).

For the OP: Pyschic Barrier regens force with every tick of dmg, just like how each tick can proc PoM.
I actually meant Psychic Projection. Just had a brain fart moment when typing that.

Khadroth
02.01.2012 , 09:29 AM | #7
I actually meant Psychic Projection. Just had a brain fart moment when typing that.
It happens. I have a hard time keeping the Sorcerer analogs straight.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Mireleni
02.01.2012 , 05:44 PM | #8
Cool, thanks for clearing that up!