Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(PVP Heals) Approaching lvl 50

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
(PVP Heals) Approaching lvl 50

Dragonslair
05.01.2012 , 04:34 PM | #1
Hello everybody,

I am approaching level 50 on my Sorc and I am requesting any and all advice as to how to spec/gear/etc etc etc.

This will be for PVP and yes I know there are heal problems going on. Thats fine I am confident BW will come thru once again and fix stuff where it should be.

I have been a DPS spec all the way up but it is time to take one for the team (My guild) and help them out.

Thank you!!
Mephisto (Sith Assassin)
The Dragonslair Legacy
"A dream to some.... A nightmare to others!! "
<Blade Runner> of Shadowlands

pinkseid
05.01.2012 , 07:43 PM | #2
Don't go full heal spec... imo anyone that goes 31corruption for PVP after 1.2 is a noob.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#201GhMRMdMzZfobrzRr.1
As a fresh 50 you will die easy.... 20lightning gives much more survival

http://youtube.com/pinkseid
videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUGZip0Sff8
Although this video is my DPS build ... 0/20/21
... it clearly demonstrates the power of 20lightning and the mana regen it provides

31corruption
:: Pros
- aoe heal

::Cons
-15pts to go deep Corruption gains you nothing
- no CC
- mana probs
- extremely poor survival

20lightning
:: Backlash, Lightning Effusion, Electric Binding .... ARE OP
use Force Lightning to proc crit to make 2 heals 50% cheap
- Backlash = Flashbang on bubble break.... insane not to get it.... thats each and every bubble on yourself and friends

^ Heal numbers will be less but the amount of flashbangs you output reduces enemy damage significantly and beyond improves your survival
ie... Scoundrel stealth up at you and stealth opens you... bubble break and he gets flashbanged.... he pops cc-break after wondering what happened for 1-2secs... stun wears off you and you kb which roots him and sprint away... bubble lockout expires and you refresh bubble on self... he stuns and chase up to you... hits your and gets flashbanged again... he is now stuck in 6sec cd... it wears off and he chases you again... your kb is back up and stun still available.... while you're running around you can shield team and toss a few heals too.

Wynn
05.01.2012 , 11:19 PM | #3
I just ding 50 tonight, first thing I did was got all recruit gear. I was healing in full pve healing spec and did fine but then went the new spec that uses 20points lighting and had a much easier time getting melee off me.
Crazy old dyslexic Healer that loves cakecheese
Operative: Wynn, Mercenary: Fenrich, Sorcerer: Nall
Also old Droid Engineer from Starsider

Dragonslair
05.02.2012 , 04:19 PM | #4
Perfect thank you VERY much!!
Mephisto (Sith Assassin)
The Dragonslair Legacy

paul_preib
05.03.2012 , 12:45 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonslair View Post
Hello everybody,

I am approaching level 50 on my Sorc and I am requesting any and all advice as to how to spec/gear/etc etc etc.

This will be for PVP and yes I know there are heal problems going on. Thats fine I am confident BW will come thru once again and fix stuff where it should be.

I have been a DPS spec all the way up but it is time to take one for the team (My guild) and help them out.

Thank you!!
If you have been dps the whole way I personally would advocate some variation of a heal-hybrid spec for for versatility and to make a nice segue, get a feel for some healing. You won't have the sheer raw healing power that the aoe HoT affords you and therefore it also makes the spec essentially pvp only but I find it a lot of fun with great versatility.

Right now I use

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#20...MzZbZcMcRsMz.1

Which is a 21/2/18 spec but there's a fair amount of wiggle room within that depending on what you personally want. I find I eat force fast enough (given that the build makes consumption just about worthless) that I like having reserves but you can apply it where needed while a few others in the tier 2-3 range are personal taste choices as well (such as the aoe boost that's damage only sans revivification).

The spec affords nice versatility that can be quite handy at times. In certain situations throwing that quick 5-6 seconds of DPS to help finish a mob outweighs pure healing power, this can be anything from a ballcarrier in huttball (spammable snare also handy here) to a node/door defender that needs to die before reinforcements can interrupt the cap. This also is helpful when your team is trying to burst down the opposition's healer, especially should he be guarded (as reckless + death field can but a nice hurt on the tank guarding him).

It also improves situations where you might get stuck in a 1 v 1 because it can occasionally give the other player pause to realize this healer suddenly knocked about 5k off my health in short order (reckless/death field/force lightning/wrath proc'd crushing darkness).

Your dps is pretty 1 trick pony but the point is to be healing most of the time while mixing that dps burst rotation into the occasion at the proper moment.

Healingwise just remember prodigious use of force shield, resurgence, and innervate, building yourself as a fairly mobile healing platform that puts out solid single target healing. You just have to be more particular about your healing choices instead of just keeping everyone maxed out so you aren't constantly running around low on force.

Yes I realize you lose many of your survivability tricks by hybridizing into madness instead of lightning, and I do find myself often missing electric bindings-- but having toyed with both I feel like I have a much greater impact on the warzone objective in general this way.

Dragonslair
05.03.2012 , 01:16 PM | #6
And to Paul_prelib, a HUGE thank you!! I was playing around last night with specs and wanted something like this... Bam you posted it.

I spec'd it and it fits me perfect with what I am trying to do in my playstyle.

As of today with this spec, 2 BM pieces and the rest recruit gear....

Did a few WZs and on average:
Dps was 250k, heals near 170 and medals 9-11

...And helping my team in every way I can I usually got 3-6 MVP votes

Honestly, much more fun on my new Sorc than my Assassin along with feeling like I am contributing a ton more to the team

I also ran KP palace hard with my guild because they wanted to see how my heals would do... Needless to say, they were THROUGHLY impressed with and loved that I could pump out the nice Dps also.

Thank you all again for the help!!
Mephisto (Sith Assassin)
The Dragonslair Legacy

Wynn
05.03.2012 , 06:40 PM | #7
Biggest tip for any new 50 Sorc/Sage get a full set of recruit gear asap
Crazy old dyslexic Healer that loves cakecheese
Operative: Wynn, Mercenary: Fenrich, Sorcerer: Nall
Also old Droid Engineer from Starsider

paul_preib
05.06.2012 , 11:45 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Wynn View Post
Biggest tip for any new 50 Sorc/Sage get a full set of recruit gear asap
Technically I'd start my biggest tip with pre-50.... farm that 2k warzone comm cap in the 10-49 bracket, get a couple BM pieces to start with and have a much better entry point while saving yourself a little bit of money from needing fewer recruit pieces.