enrage issues in all HM's?

hello everyone, i was wondering is it just the dps i have been teaming up with or is this just a generall issue. bassicly every HM i have attempted in HM we allways seem too meet the enrage timer, either having too kite the boss for agis if possible if not just dying, now do the dps need too get there act in gear? or is it a common problem? i mean the dps i have been with have all level 50-51 mods. Edited by pringleso

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hell everyone, i was wondering is it just the dps i have been teaming up with or is this just a generall issue. bassicly every HM i have attempted in HM we allways seem too meet the enrage timer, either having too kite the boss for agis if possible if not just dying, now do the dps need too get there act in gear? or is it a common problem? i mean the dps i have been with have all level 50-51 mods.

hardmodes are all about handling some mechanics and bringing enough dps to handle those enrage timers. so yes, every encounter has an enrage timer. if u cant beat the enrage timer than bring more snipers/mercs or gear ur dealers.

hardmodes are all about handling some mechanics and bringing enough dps to handle those enrage timers. so yes, every encounter has an enrage timer. if u cant beat the enrage timer than bring more snipers/mercs or gear ur dealers.

Bring more snipers/mercs? As an infiltration shadow (empire equivalent is deception assassin) I resent that statement. All DPS classes/specs when played and geared properly can do roughly equivalent damage. The only possible exception is Scapper Scoundrel / Concealment Operative and I'm saying it because I just never see them in PvE, maybe they are actually good.

Bring more snipers/mercs? As an infiltration shadow (empire equivalent is deception assassin) I resent that statement. All DPS classes/specs when played and geared properly can do roughly equivalent damage. The only possible exception is Scapper Scoundrel / Concealment Operative and I'm saying it because I just never see them in PvE, maybe they are actually good.

There is zero reason to take a melee dps over a ranged dps unless your back is to the wall with no other options left. HM FPs in general (just like operations) tend to be melee unfriendly.

Edited by Exertim

If your dps in a HM group is lacking, I'd recommend doing False Emperor (minus the optional bonus boss) and/or Tarval V (final boss has enrage, but it's a little more forgiving in timer). I'd recommend staying away from Directive 7, Esseles/BT, and Maelstrom, as those all have harder to beat enrage timer bosses.

False Emperor and Taral V are the most forgiving on enrage timers. Esseles is probably the worst as far as that goes and since most people assume that is the best one to start hard modes with they usually run into issues.

you cant bring scoundrles cause they are to squishy and have no gapcloser / 30% ae dmg reduction.

sniper has a -20% dmg taken raid cd + deals higher dmg than other classes + escapes some knockback mechanics cause they are in cover, yay!

There is zero reason to take a melee dps over a ranged dps unless your back is to the wall with no other options left. HM FPs in general (just like operations) tend to be melee unfriendly.

This kind of thinking is why I hate enrage timers. Yep lets all just screw melee and never bring them cause they like that class

This. Try doing the second boss of Battle for Ilum, with 2 melee dps. It makes it 10 times more difficult. And that's only an example. There are MANY fights where it's prefered to have ranged dps, instead of melee dps.

You guys are really funny... Don't bring melee or Imperial Agents.

Operative here, last time I hit a enrage timer was the day I hit 50 doing HM Black Talon. There's only 2 Hardmode fights that pose a challenge with melee, boarding party and the bonus boss of KUS. Other then that your just silly waiting for range dps.

On the Imperial Agent/Scoundrel side of things they do great damage. I'm sorry but critting for 5k, 3k, 3k, 3k while having 2 dots on a boss is not bad damage. Pulling aggro from geared tanks with guard on yourself and using countermeasures means your dps isn't bad.

I can't yet as of this time comment on enrage timers in hard/nightmare OPs, but HM FPs can be done with double melee DPS. If you are melee heavy in HM FPs, and still run into problems with the enrage timers, you need to play better.

Its really just about people getting their gear together and getting used to the fact this isn't WoW, insomuch as HM's do not seem to be the first thing you do when you hit cap.

No, instead it seems you need to wrap up Ilum/Belsavis dailies, hit level 50 reg FP's etc.

Also, I hope they don't make them easier. *I do hope, however that bugs are ironed out sooner than later*

I like spending hours in a new HM trying to figure things out with my guild group, and the natural advancement from always hitting enrage to almost never on many FP's.

Also - people who are down on melee DPS are echoing a multi-game long argument, and really just need to find a group of buds to settle in and ventrilo it up with, regardless of class.

You guys are really funny... Don't bring melee or Imperial Agents.

Operative here, last time I hit a enrage timer was the day I hit 50 doing HM Black Talon. There's only 2 Hardmode fights that pose a challenge with melee, boarding party and the bonus boss of KUS. Other then that your just silly waiting for range dps.

On the Imperial Agent/Scoundrel side of things they do great damage. I'm sorry but critting for 5k, 3k, 3k, 3k while having 2 dots on a boss is not bad damage. Pulling aggro from geared tanks with guard on yourself and using countermeasures means your dps isn't bad.

No one is saying that melee do bad damage. What I am saying, however, is that ranged do just as much DPS but without the drawbacks of being melee.

Try it. Play a Sniper or Sorcerer at 50 then play your Marauder or Operative. You will absolutely notice a damage taken difference. You will also notice that your DPS uptime on everything (including trash packs) will be higher due to not getting hit by melee range AoEs, knockbacks, and knockdowns.

Edited by Exertim

Its really just about people getting their gear together and getting used to the fact this isn't WoW, insomuch as HM's do not seem to be the first thing you do when you hit cap.

No, instead it seems you need to wrap up Ilum/Belsavis dailies, hit level 50 reg FP's etc.

Also, I hope they don't make them easier. *I do hope, however that bugs are ironed out sooner than later*

I like spending hours in a new HM trying to figure things out with my guild group, and the natural advancement from always hitting enrage to almost never on many FP's.

Also - people who are down on melee DPS are echoing a multi-game long argument, and really just need to find a group of buds to settle in and ventrilo it up with, regardless of class.

Incorrect.

Assuming you did Corellia -- which most of us did -- the commendations for the gear is all you need to start HMs. Normal 50 FPs (Ilum / FE) drop garbage for gear. If you're at 50, and need gear, finish your Corellia quests then jump into HMs.

No one is saying that melee do bad damage. What I am saying, however, is that ranged do just as much DPS but without the drawbacks of being melee.

Try it. Play a Sniper or Sorcerer at 50 then play your Marauder or Operative. You will 100% notice a damage taken difference. You will also notice that your DPS uptime on everything (including trash packs) will be higher due to not getting hit by melee range AoEs, knockbacks, and knockdowns.

Can we not agree that this problem has been around since... EQ?

I'm just saying, I dealt with it as a rogue in WoW, and yeah it sucked - but it was my preference that led me to a Rogue vs. a mage.

Also, I know Rogue's had AoE damage reduction ability - but that wasn't added for quite awhile. Moreover, don't tell me X class did more damage, because with every major patch there will probably always be a *go to* spec. Sorta' like Combat Rogues in WOTLK (initially)

I guess my point is, if you have the guts to melee DPS - better bring the pain and the pots. :o

Incorrect.

Assuming you did Corellia -- which most of us did -- the commendations for the gear is all you need to start HMs. Normal 50 FPs (Ilum / FE) drop garbage for gear. If you're at 50, and need gear, finish your Corellia quests then jump into HMs.

I think you're being just about as subjective as I was in my OP.

i.e. I'm willing to bet its different for every class type, as well as play style. Moreover, I didn't do what I suggested - I leaped into HM's with my other 3 guildies, and even though we eventually won a few, and now have several on daily rotation - I'm merely suggesting that someone look toward Bel/Ilum dailies as a supplement to gearing @ 50. I.e. using dailies mods in orange gear, while waiting for that HM drop.

I guess my point is, the more prepared you are gear wise will help mitigate how long it takes on subsequent HM runs.

*edit, I like guessing on my points ><*

Edited by Raehj

I think you're being just about as subjective as I was in my OP.

i.e. I'm willing to bet its different for every class type, as well as play style. Moreover, I didn't do what I suggested - I leaped into HM's with my other 3 guildies, and even though we eventually won a few, and now have several on daily rotation - I'm merely suggesting that someone look toward Bel/Ilum dailies as a supplement to gearing @ 50. I.e. using dailies mods in orange gear, while waiting for that HM drop.

I guess my point is, the more prepared you are gear wise will help mitigate how long it takes on subsequent HM runs.

*edit, I like guessing on my points ><*

The rewards from Ilum/Belsavis dailies are not needed to successfully complete any HM FP in the game. If players insist on doing them BEFORE HM FPs, they are only hurting their loot acquisition. I grouped with two freshly dinged DPS last night -- some of their gear was 45, not all of the mods were 50 -- and we steam rolled 3 HM FPs.

Gear is not the tell-tale sign that people think it is. You need something decent -- which you can get from Corellia commendations -- and then player skill takes care of the rest.

In addition, the mods are kinda pointless from the dailies. You will get better ones from the Columni gear. A hilt, maybe, if you can't get a weapon to drop. But if you're doing the dailies for mods? Waste of time.

thanks for all of the feed back regarding this topic, i guess i have too just keep face palming slacking dps in my guild untill they get their acts together. i mean its really frustrating as i am a quite well geared tank with the implants and ear peice from the dailies and also columi bracers and my entire armor being level 51 mods mainly from the heroic 2 and 4 quests on belsavis and illum. i have no problem keeping aggro or taking too much damage its just the dps, im sure you can understand how frustrating it is.

thanks for all of the feed back regarding this topic, i guess i have too just keep face palming slacking dps in my guild untill they get their acts together. i mean its really frustrating as i am a quite well geared tank with the implants and ear peice from the dailies and also columi bracers and my entire armor being level 51 mods mainly from the heroic 2 and 4 quests on belsavis and illum. i have no problem keeping aggro or taking too much damage its just the dps, im sure you can understand how frustrating it is.

I totally know where your coming from, and it makes it even worse if its guildies.

In fact, its almost like a Seinfeld situation...

"Whats the deal with crappy guild DPS'ers? Do you tell them they suck? Do you avoid them in public? Whats the deal?!"

I had to spend a week cajoling my Sorc DPS counterpart to optimize his build because he was all over the place - after he listened.. goodbye enrage timer.

The rewards from Ilum/Belsavis dailies are not needed to successfully complete any HM FP in the game. If players insist on doing them BEFORE HM FPs, they are only hurting their loot acquisition. I grouped with two freshly dinged DPS last night -- some of their gear was 45, not all of the mods were 50 -- and we steam rolled 3 HM FPs.

I'm assuming here, but I'd bet they were the DPS and the tank and the healer were fairly geared? As a healer, nothing pisses me off more than people with 11/12K HP going into a HM and jumping into a group of mobs subsequently getting killed before I can even get a 2s cast off.

Is it required to do Blesavis/Illum dailies before entering HM's? No, there currently is no gear restriction on it. Does it make your healers life a hell of a lot easier? You bet your ***** it does.