Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Corruption Sorcerer/Seer Sage Set Bonus Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Corruption Sorcerer/Seer Sage Set Bonus Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
07.13.2015 , 12:44 PM | #1 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Corruption Sorcerers/Seer Sages.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase HPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)
  • 2-Piece: Activating a healing ability has a 15% chance to grant Force-Mystic's Critical Bonus which causes your next Dark Infusion or Deliverance to be a critical. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Consuming Darkness or Vindicate restore an additional 10 Force.
  • 6-Piece: Reduces cooldown of Innervate or Healing Trance by 1.5 seconds.
Cheers, all!
The SWTOR Combat Team

Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

MorgenBlue
07.13.2015 , 01:22 PM | #2
If you are willing to make the current 6 piece base line then you could make it so Innervate / Healing Trance has at least one guaranteed crit. So Force Surge is a bit less random without increasing overall HPS that much.

JediJeffP
07.13.2015 , 01:41 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgenBlue View Post
If you are willing to make the current 6 piece base line then you could make it so Innervate / Healing Trance has at least one guaranteed crit. So Force Surge is a bit less random without increasing overall HPS that much.
I agree with the above. That 1.5 second reduction is almost required to heal as a sorc. I'd like to see it as a level 65 passive, and the set bonuses actually feel like bonuses rather than must haves.
------
Jeff
Na'Kanlee - Sith Sorcerer
The Shadowlands

JunnKhan
07.13.2015 , 01:53 PM | #4
I wouldn't mind if it was possible to add the 50 extra Force bonus from the level 50 4-piece bonus to the current 6-piece bonus.

MorgenBlue
07.13.2015 , 02:08 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by JunnKhan View Post
I wouldn't mind if it was possible to add the 50 extra Force bonus from the level 50 4-piece bonus to the current 6-piece bonus.
What would be the point? Consumption isn't going to be percentage based after 3.3 next week.

JunnKhan
07.13.2015 , 03:06 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgenBlue View Post
What would be the point? Consumption isn't going to be percentage based after 3.3 next week.
Just for an extra buffer or whatever purpose it previously served?

royhenderson
07.13.2015 , 03:14 PM | #7
Honestly, the only time I use benevolence is when I see its activation bonus on my buff bar. Other than that it's not really used by me. I'd suggest adding a set bonus to reduce its cooldown. Although the way this set bonus is now is fine with me.

MorgenBlue
07.13.2015 , 03:42 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JunnKhan View Post
Just for an extra buffer or whatever purpose it previously served?
It's not really worth much and it's 100% not worth it over any of the current set bonuses.

Ethior
07.13.2015 , 04:24 PM | #9
2-Piece: Each tick of Healing Trance reduces it's active cooldown by 0.4 seconds.
4-Piece: Consuming Darkness or Vindicate restore an additional 10 Force.
6-Piece: Using any skill while in combat will heal up to 8 allies in up to 45 meters radius for a small amount(let's say up to 10 times lower than overload. This heal, range and number of targets healed is proportional to your current Force(meaning missing a lot of force gives you an almost non-existent heal to only few allies in a small radius). I'm not sure exactly how this could be done and rebalanced but it for me it feels like it would fit the theme of a Force Healer well.

I'd imagine you could figure the numbers for precise balance.

thereter
07.13.2015 , 06:04 PM | #10
Is it possible to have different set bonuses for pvp and pve?