lolsmash ?

thamightyboro

Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem is, when a new FOTM appears, people instead of rolling the counter class, they roll the FOTM and aggravate the situation even more. For the very lulz of it, I had a few WZ where we went with a 4 sniper premade. The republic scums fielded 4 sents and 2 guardians on voidstar. Needless to say, we ruined somebody's day, it was a bloody massacre. Edited by NoTomorrow

The buffs to rage/focus were stupid, from a pvp perspective (why buff a spec that was already performing well?).

But I'm not sure if the issue is smashers, per se. The damage is out of hand, in this game. 1.6 seem to be adressing the insane gear gap, which is a good first step. But they really need to tone damage across the board. Forgive the exaggeration, but skill in pvp can be boiled down to which person stuns the other first.

I recall a dev response at least a month ago saying they're aware of gripes about it, and are basically monitoring it.

In the meantime I decided to make the best of it, playing my GS more and rolled a sniper. It's fun watching the smash mobs leaping around nodes and quickly wiping them out.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The problem is, when a new FOTM appears, people instead of rolling the counter class, they roll the FOTM and aggravate the situation even more. For the very lulz of it, I had a few WZ where we went with a 4 sniper premade. The republic scums fielded 4 sents and 2 guardians on voidstar. Needless to say, we ruined somebody's day, it was a bloody massacre.

I may be reaching here that there are plenty of counters for this class out there in 50 pvp. When playing deception I have absolutely no issue with smash jug, a 30% AoE damage reduction with a well timed force shroud or blackout and when my defenses are down so is the jug with the burst I have at my disposal.

Keep in mind rage jugs are fairly squishy, at least thats what I take from them.

Are BW actually going to do anything with it or even acknowledge its an issue I don't spend much time on forums so haven't seen if they have acknowledged it's a problem and if they are planning to do anything about it had a quick search but certainly couldn't find anything by them on the issue.

10 warzones today 90% of both teams made up of smashers being hit for up to 9k is great fun (full wh v my full bm minus ear and 1 implant)

dont worry they nerfed Annihilation / Watchman last patch so they are clearly ontop of the problem..... *troll*:D

I think your warzone statistics are slightly exaggerated, nevertheless i was hit with a 4.5k sweep by a level 45 guardian on my sorcerer yesterday. Big thumbs up to BW for yet more piss poor class balancing.

Are you saying sins are FOTM?

every class other then merc is FOTP OP rotfl lol stomper asking for nerf

PT? OMG FOTM

marauder? omg *** fotm

sin? op fotm!!11

jugg? smash fotm stomp

operative? aww my gawd stunzorz fotm

sniper? nerf!! op fotm

sorcer? bublbe is op fotm.

merc? omg I leave this wz he sucks

Edited by Atramar

PT? OMG FOTM

marauder? omg *** fotm

sin? op fotm!!11

jugg? smash fotm stomp

sniper? nerf!! op fotm

Yep...

L2P is all this is.

In this game any toon has an ability another would consider OP.

In the words of Darth Sidius: The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. :rak_04:

My toon is not a reroll fotm... it is my oldest toon from launch back on Kinrath Spider.

I have already complained to BW about smash damage, I said the serious WZs would be full of Shadows, Jugs and Maras. From what I have seen this seems to be the case, a lot of those gearing up if not those classes are stealth. I have learnt through these forums that I am not a good player so I can not complain about an average 7.6 loss to win ratio on the rep side over the last month. PvP is about team play and the teams I have played with recently have no cohesion.

But I can confirm that a fully defence augmented and defence relic equipped WH commando with defence mods (and 2 items of Elite gear) gets smashed for 6.4K, 5K is very common. My BM sage got a 7.6K smash.

I have already complained to BW about smash damage, I said the serious WZs would be full of Shadows, Jugs and Maras. From what I have seen this seems to be the case, a lot of those gearing up if not those classes are stealth. I have learnt through these forums that I am not a good player so I can not complain about an average 7.6 loss to win ratio on the rep side over the last month. PvP is about team play and the teams I have played with recently have no cohesion.

But I can confirm that a fully defence augmented and defence relic equipped WH commando with defence mods (and 2 items of Elite gear) gets smashed for 6.4K, 5K is very common. My BM sage got a 7.6K smash.

You really need to L2P. Defense chance does NOT reduce the amount of damage you take - it only increases your chance to avoid someone else's attack.

PT? OMG FOTM

marauder? omg *** fotm

sin? op fotm!!11

jugg? smash fotm stomp

sniper? nerf!! op fotm

To be fair, sorc dps also needs a buff...

You really need to L2P. Defense chance does NOT reduce the amount of damage you take - it only increases your chance to avoid someone else's attack.

Ah finally, someone who can teach me to play! So how do I stop the massive smash damage or at least reduce it?

Ah finally, someone who can teach me to play! So how do I stop the massive smash damage or at least reduce it?

I really can't help someone who wants to use DEFENSE mods on a commando...

Learn to use ccs (esp kb and force sprint) on your sage, but I suspect you already got used to playing a turret-style commando...

more armour rating, poping your shield before smash, or killing smash derp on distance before his next smash (unless you have 7k hp, so will get one shoted.

def chance won't block smash either so very pointless on commando.. (merc for imps)

Edited by Atramar

Why would you have defense mods and relics on a dps/healer class? It increases your chance to avoid damage but not to decrease the damage you receive.

mara's are still FotM?

works for me, FotM when i leave and when i come back. least it's the only class i play.

since day one of release mind you.

just a thought...but crusing through patch notes(very quickly) i didnt notice much change to 'lolsmash' since 1.2...guess it takes a long time for a spec to really shine?