Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

GrevenRhune
01.15.2012 , 02:14 PM | #41
Daellia,

Assuming someone has full champ set, what adrenals/relics would you rec do maximize dps?

evileeyore
01.15.2012 , 02:26 PM | #42
This is great place for a sticky!

Daellia
01.15.2012 , 02:34 PM | #43
Quote:
Daellia,

Assuming someone has full champ set, what adrenals/relics would you rec do maximize dps?
We've not yet developed a good method of computing stat weights. We're close though, so give it a little bit.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

GrevenRhune
01.15.2012 , 02:37 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
We've not yet developed a good method of computing stat weights. We're close though, so give it a little bit.
What do you use?

Daellia
01.15.2012 , 02:49 PM | #45
Quote:
What do you use?
Power thus far, it generally trumps the other stats for most of the specs and in most gear sets at 50. Lacking definitive stat weights, it's what I go with.

frozenwings
01.15.2012 , 03:05 PM | #46
Great post.

Thanks for all of this info in one spot.

spellegren
01.15.2012 , 03:06 PM | #47
Power thus far, it generally trumps the other stats for most of the specs and in most gear sets at 50. Lacking definitive stat weights, it's what I go with.
Focusing on power what are your current stats for bonus damage, crit and crit multiplier? Curious to hear, because I've been concentrating a bit more toward surge and I'd like to see how the numbers compare.

Daellia
01.15.2012 , 05:02 PM | #48
Quote:
Focusing on power what are your current stats for bonus damage, crit and crit multiplier? Curious to hear, because I've been concentrating a bit more toward surge and I'd like to see how the numbers compare.
Currently having a rough time actually stacking Power, tbh. Most of my gear is PvP gear, which is either only partially moddable or completely unmoddable (and the PvP gear is stacked with Crit and Alacrity). In addition, my primary source of Enhancements is the Ilum heroic daily, which awards either Power/Alacrity or Crit/Surge. I avoid Alacrity, as it generally is a very weak stat for dps sorcerers, so I tend to have a lot more crit than I otherwise would prefer. Thus I have 197 Power, 1210 Force Power, 455 Crit, 156 Surge, and 243 Alacrity, giving me a bonus of 630.5, crit of 34.28%, surge of 73.38%, and alacrity of 7.77%.

If I had my way, I'd have zero Alacrity, ~500 Power, ~400 Surge, and ~200 Crit, but that's sorta seat-of-the-pants gut-feeling stat weights based on messing around with the numbers for the various specs. I wish I had a better resource for calculating stat weights yet...

ShaftyMcShaft
01.15.2012 , 06:47 PM | #49
Great guide!

Corruption Sorc here. Q about alacrity...in WoW haste would give you extra ticks on HoTs at certain haste plateau levels. So you get like 916 haste rating and your Riptide HoT ticks 8 times over 21 seconds instead of 7.

My understanding in SWTOR is alacrity makes your HoT do its healing over less time. So a zero alacrity 9s resurge healing for X damage would heal still for X damage but over 6.3s instead with 30% alacrity, right?

spellegren
01.15.2012 , 07:34 PM | #50
Currently having a rough time actually stacking Power, tbh. Most of my gear is PvP gear, which is either only partially moddable or completely unmoddable (and the PvP gear is stacked with Crit and Alacrity). In addition, my primary source of Enhancements is the Ilum heroic daily, which awards either Power/Alacrity or Crit/Surge. I avoid Alacrity, as it generally is a very weak stat for dps sorcerers, so I tend to have a lot more crit than I otherwise would prefer. Thus I have 197 Power, 1210 Force Power, 455 Crit, 156 Surge, and 243 Alacrity, giving me a bonus of 630.5, crit of 34.28%, surge of 73.38%, and alacrity of 7.77%.

If I had my way, I'd have zero Alacrity, ~500 Power, ~400 Surge, and ~200 Crit, but that's sorta seat-of-the-pants gut-feeling stat weights based on messing around with the numbers for the various specs. I wish I had a better resource for calculating stat weights yet...
Interesting. I'm in full champion (force master) gear with the exception of the Lightsaber, I also use mastercraft implants and earpiece with surge augments. My crit chance is virtually identical to yours, but my crit multiplier is 89.53% and my bonus damage is 568.9 (getting the champion lightsaber will close this gap significantly.

My thinking is take the average dmg of chain lightning from my tooltip 1387.5 + my bonus damage 568.9 and that is 1956.4, yours would be 1387.5 + 630.5 and that is 2018. So you are getting 50 more average damage on non-crits.

Now for multiplier your 2018 with a 73.38% multiplier gives you 3498.8 average crit, and my 1956.4 with a 89.53 multiplier is 3707.9 over a 200 point difference on crits.

I'm going to try to keep increasing my crit and surge to see where the DR are just no longer worth it and hopefully get the champ lightsaber soon.