Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

Daellia
03.21.2012 , 01:42 PM | #131
Quote:
So in the end is say having a Rakata Stalkers helm over a Rakata Force Master helm as a sorc dps be preferable ?? Just curious..
For sorcs, I generally recommend having a Mystic chestpiece or boots, with the other 4 slots as Masters. The Stalker's help has significantly less willpower than the Master's version, and comes stock with Accuracy enhancements that are effectively worthless for a Sorc.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

Athred
04.08.2012 , 12:50 PM | #132
One question.

Would you go for the Champion ForceMaster earpiece instead of the Battlemaster Forcemaster earpice? The Champion one has more power, and I've seen some videos that could proove that power is really important for big damage, I did some testing myself and my damage has improved a bit. I also swaped a mod from champion enforcers gloves for power and I have found it a lot better. Any ideas on this?
Athred
- The Red Eclipse -
EU

Daellia
04.08.2012 , 01:58 PM | #133
Champion Force-Master's Relay
+70 Endurance
+77 Willpower
+46 Expertise Rating
+41 Power
+48 Alacrity Rating

Battlemaster Force-Master's Relay
+75 Endurance
+82 Willpower
+50 Expertise Rating
+44 Critical Rating
+51 Alacrity Rating

This could go either way. Net difference in stats Champion -> Battlemaster:

+5 Endurance
+5 Willpower
+4 Expertise
-41 Power
+44 Crit
+3 Alacrity

Depending on how you've modded your gear, crit and power can be relatively close in value. In particular, if you have at least 1.5 times as much power as you have crit rating, they are going to be somewhat close to equal, though this would require you to have modded in a number of Willpower/Power mods (preferably not the A or B models, just the numbered ones, they are the best) and gotten rid of any remaining crit/surge enhancements you have in favor of power/surge or power/alacrity ones.

If you're running stock Battlemaster gear, however, you'll be swimming in Crit and Alacrity, and the Champion one would probably be better.

TwitchWINs
04.09.2012 , 03:32 AM | #134
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
Excellent post, should be stickied.

Having played with the formulas myself, I didn't notice that there was a "cap" for conversion for some of the stats even though it was right there in the open.

Thanks!
Agreed with this
Bestworld - The Bastion
<Hey im pooping>
http://www.swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=3751

Daellia
04.09.2012 , 09:27 PM | #135
Update on the Expertise change. They've apparently adjusted the DR formula away from the traditional formula style. Instead, it follows the following formula

DR = 1 - 1/(1 + DamageBoost)

The neat part is that this means that regardless of your current expertise level, if you attack another target with the same amount of expertise as you, you'll deal precisely the same amount of damage you would if you were both at 0 expertise. The two values simply negate each other (proof below).

Also, here's a graph of the expertise curves compared to the 1.1.5 curve:

http://mmo-mechanics.com/swtor/forum...nt.php?aid=282

Proof
DR = Percentage PvP Damage Reducation displayed on character sheet
DMG = Percentage PvP Damage Boost displayed on character Sheet

DR = 1 - 1/(1 + DMG)
DamageDone = RawDamage * (1 + DMG)
DamageTaken = DamageDone * (1 - DR)
DamageTaken = DamageDone * (1 - (1 - 1/(1 + DMG)))
DamageTaken = DamageDone * (1 - 1 + 1/(1 + DMG)))
DamageTaken = DamageDone * (1/(1 + DMG)))
DamageTaken = RawDamage * (1 + DMG) * (1/(1 + DMG)))
DamageTaken = RawDamage * (1 + DMG)/(1 + DMG)
DamageTaken = RawDamage * 1
DamageTaken = RawDamage

Expertise multipliers are completely negated.

Dramion
04.19.2012 , 01:08 PM | #136
Is it still 300 crit rating and 250 surge rating?

Daellia
04.20.2012 , 01:05 PM | #137
Quote:
Is it still 300 crit rating and 250 surge rating?
There aren't any real hard values (never were, actually). However, in general, you're going to want roughly equal amounts of Surge and Alacrity (perhaps slightly more Surge), and you're going to want approximately twice as much Power as Crit rating.

Daellia
04.23.2012 , 06:15 PM | #138
Finally updated for 1.2 (profuse apologies for the delay). The only major change to stats was in Expertise, which now has difference equations for each of the 3 benefits it provides. I've updated all of the graphs, and included some new ones as well.

The first graph shows scaling from 0 to 1000 rating, the second from 0 to 2500. The third graph shows the percentage of the limiting cap obtained at each rating level. This is important, since the benefit rating gives you is proportional to how much of the cap you have remaining. ie. if you are at 60% of the cap, the rating will be providing you with 40% of the benefit it did when you had 0 of that rating). The fourth graph is simply a comparison of 1.1.5 to 1.2 values for Expertise.

0-1000 Rating Graph
0-2500 Rating Graph
Percentage of Cap Graph
1.1.5 to 1.2 Expertise Comparison Graph

Xsjado
05.07.2012 , 10:45 AM | #139
I have a question regarding alacrity and PvP gearing as a lightning / madness hybrid. I want to use alacrity as a defensive measure to Line of sight boost heal myself with Dark Infusion (talented .5 sec cast reduction) by popping Polarity shift and an alacrity trinket (BM or new War Hero) - perhaps recklessness as well.

My concern is that you say that alacrity caps at 30%. I'm thinking that just by using polarity shift (20% alacrity) and a trinket I will be close to that cap and that any alacrity on my gear will hit some serious DRs and basically be a waste of a stat (could replace with crit, surge, power). Is all sources of alacrity the same in regard to hitting this cap?
Salomon Xsjado | Eclipse Server | Master Enhancer

Daellia
05.08.2012 , 12:01 AM | #140
Quote:
I have a question regarding alacrity and PvP gearing as a lightning / madness hybrid. I want to use alacrity as a defensive measure to Line of sight boost heal myself with Dark Infusion (talented .5 sec cast reduction) by popping Polarity shift and an alacrity trinket (BM or new War Hero) - perhaps recklessness as well.

My concern is that you say that alacrity caps at 30%. I'm thinking that just by using polarity shift (20% alacrity) and a trinket I will be close to that cap and that any alacrity on my gear will hit some serious DRs and basically be a waste of a stat (could replace with crit, surge, power). Is all sources of alacrity the same in regard to hitting this cap?
No. Activation Speed, which is what Polarity Shift grants you 20% of and what Alacrity Rating converts into, has no cap (well, technically, it caps at 100%, but that's flat impossible to hit). Alacrity Rating itself is the only thing with a cap (30% conversion), and that's an asymptotic cap, so it can't even actually be reached, just gotten closer and closer to (with smaller and smaller returns on further rating). Polarity shift has utterly no effect on the conversion of Alacrity Rating, nor is there any cap you need worry about for it.

That said, even from an emergency healing standpoint, the cast time reduction you'll see from gearing for a lot of Alacrity, and particularly from using a triggered Alacrity relic, are going to be very small compared to the benefit you would see using a more standard stat priority and a triggered Power relic. This is particularly true since the bonus from Relic is large enough that you're going to see obscene levels of DR applied to the Alacrity Rating it might give you. Situations in which that 0.1-0.2 seconds difference on the cast time will be make or break are going to be exceedingly rare. The additional Surge (from gearing) and Power (from the relic use effect) are going to give you a great deal more benefit overall, both in general and in those emergency save-your-*****-clutch-heal situations.