Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stats and How They Work

tahyri
03.08.2012 , 08:58 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
Power doesn't really have a maximum. When people say "max Power", they mean to maximize it while maintaining the specified limitations (ie. if someone says to "get 350 crit, then max power", it means to get as much power as you can whilst staying near 350 crit rating)

This is not abnormal, and wise sorcerers do not pick up head-to-toe Force Masters or Force Mystics blindly. The Stalker implants and bracers are better than either set at the Rakata level. The Rakata Stalker off-hand is also better than the Masters version. In addition, the boots and chest of the Master's set are quite a bit lower Willpower than the Mystics version, while the gloves, lower robe, and helm of the Masters set are quite a bit higher Willpower than the Mystics version. Generally recommended is to get 4 pieces of your normal set (Masters for DPS, Mystics for healers), with the 5th slot coming from the other set in one of that set's high-Willpower slots (for example, getting the Masters helm, skirt, or gloves, and the other 4 slots Mystic for a healer)
Thanks for the info! We've been doing the mixed sets from the crafted items as we've leveled, but wanted to make sure before we spend 120 daily commendations!

As far as the healer/dps duo, should we both be looking at the same stat preference order?

Daellia
03.08.2012 , 09:27 AM | #122
Quote:
As far as the healer/dps duo, should we both be looking at the same stat preference order?
More or less, yes. Healers like Alacrity slightly more than dps (though it's still a rather poor stat for them), and dps like Crit and Surge slightly more than healers (since dps don't care if dps is unpredictable, as lot as it's higher), but the stat priorities are still relatively equal between the two.
Even Angels must kill from time to time... ~Kaedis

tahyri
03.08.2012 , 09:55 AM | #123
Quote: Originally Posted by Daellia View Post
More or less, yes. Healers like Alacrity slightly more than dps (though it's still a rather poor stat for them), and dps like Crit and Surge slightly more than healers (since dps don't care if dps is unpredictable, as lot as it's higher), but the stat priorities are still relatively equal between the two.
Thanks again! I should have looked on these forums before we filled up on Aptitude and Quick Savant mods/enhancements from the dailies heh. Looks like we'll have to do another week's worth to get Mettle mods and which ever enhancement fits best.

Fireswraith
03.08.2012 , 09:10 PM | #124
Cool, thanks Daellia. My final question would have to be specifically about which PvP set to get, Force Master or Stalker. For PvE I've been choosing a mixture somewhat (I know Force Master is the DPS one but I really don't like the 4 piece bonus so if a Mystic or Stalker has more Willpower I've been going for it, probably not the best but I'm fine with it for now).

But back to PvP Master or Stalker. I looked at both stats for each set and added all the numbers up (everything is BM EXCEPT the weapon which I didn't include because there is only 1 anyway) and assuming I didn't make a mistake anywhere I got.....

***NOTE***........................ remember, no BM weapon included
Master............... Stalker
End: 949............ End: 961
Will: 892............ Will: 901
Crit: 461............ Crit: 397
Surge: 153......... Surge: 153
Power: 107......... Power: 151
Alac: 306........... Alac: 0
Acc: 0................ Acc: 306

So, Acc has 0 affect and Alac has almost 0 affect (since as a Sorc DPS hybrid only two abilities are ever getting a "cast time", or channel rather). Wouldn't going the Stalker set route not impart somewhat of a bigger advantage to you from having higher End/Will/Power while also giving the 4 piece bonus of one additional Recklesness charge and 15 second CD reduction? Because that additional Recklessness charge is pretty enticing as opposed to the Master's 2 piece bonus of Crushing Darkness 1.5 sec CD reduction and 0.5 % life tap.

tahyri
03.08.2012 , 10:02 PM | #125
One other question, regarding the 30% crit goal, is that including the buff we'd get in an Ops group? Should we shoot for 25% out of our gear, or is it shooting for 30% in gear and then ending up with 35% in the Ops group?

Daellia
03.09.2012 , 01:24 AM | #126
Quote:
One other question, regarding the 30% crit goal, is that including the buff we'd get in an Ops group? Should we shoot for 25% out of our gear, or is it shooting for 30% in gear and then ending up with 35% in the Ops group?
My personally recommendation is to be between 25% and 30% crit unbuffed. However, remember that there's nothing magical about the 30% crit point, it's just a good easy-to-remember point to aim for. It also corresponds well with the recommended 250-350 crit rating.

Quote:
Cool, thanks Daellia. My final question would have to be specifically about which PvP set to get, Force Master or Stalker. For PvE I've been choosing a mixture somewhat (I know Force Master is the DPS one but I really don't like the 4 piece bonus so if a Mystic or Stalker has more Willpower I've been going for it, probably not the best but I'm fine with it for now).

But back to PvP Master or Stalker. I looked at both stats for each set and added all the numbers up (everything is BM EXCEPT the weapon which I didn't include because there is only 1 anyway) and assuming I didn't make a mistake anywhere I got.....

***NOTE***........................ remember, no BM weapon included
Master............... Stalker
End: 949............ End: 961
Will: 892............ Will: 901
Crit: 461............ Crit: 397
Surge: 153......... Surge: 153
Power: 107......... Power: 151
Alac: 306........... Alac: 0
Acc: 0................ Acc: 306

So, Acc has 0 affect and Alac has almost 0 affect (since as a Sorc DPS hybrid only two abilities are ever getting a "cast time", or channel rather). Wouldn't going the Stalker set route not impart somewhat of a bigger advantage to you from having higher End/Will/Power while also giving the 4 piece bonus of one additional Recklesness charge and 15 second CD reduction? Because that additional Recklessness charge is pretty enticing as opposed to the Master's 2 piece bonus of Crushing Darkness 1.5 sec CD reduction and 0.5 % life tap.
The question about the set bonuses would be better aimed at someone else, my PvP experience is relatively limited. From a raw dps perspective, the Masters 2-set is superior to the Stalkers 4-set, but from a PvP usefulness standpoint I'm not sure. However, remember both that you can mod the accuracy off the Stalkers set, and that while Alacrity only affects 2 of our spells, it effects a solid 50-60% of our damage. It's not amazing, but it's certainly not "almost no effect".

Also, it's fairly common for DPS sorcerers to run 3 Masters / 2 Mystics to gain the 3 seconds off Static Barrier rather than the range boost on Shock and Jolt (this also allows you to maximize your Willpower from those slots).

Fireswraith
03.09.2012 , 11:37 AM | #127
Hmm, things to think about. Thank you.

Daellia
03.16.2012 , 12:46 PM | #128
Finally updated to the new stat graph, sorry about the delay.

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=251

Daellia
03.17.2012 , 08:26 PM | #129
Regarding the current 1.2 PTS notes:

Quote:
The diminishing return formula for several stats (including expertise) has been adjusted.
The only stat that currently has changed in the PTS game files is Expertise. The cap is going from 20% to 50%, but the initial slope is being decreased to compensate. The basic gist is that under 300 rating, you lose a slight amount of benefit (you won't really notice a difference), but the stat falls off less as you get more. At 300 rating, expertise will be about 1% better than current. By 500 rating, Expertise will be about 9.5% better than current. If 1000 rating ever becomes reachable, it'll be about 30% better than current.

Here's a graph comparing the total benefit over a range of 0 to 1000 expertise:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=253

Here's another comparing total benefit over a range of 0 to 2500, so you can see the curve shapes more clearly:

http://sithwarrior.com/forums/attachment.php?aid=254

TinyyxFaDe
03.21.2012 , 02:32 AM | #130
So in the end is say having a Rakata Stalkers helm over a Rakata Force Master helm as a sorc dps be preferable ?? Just curious..