I think the story will be better without the Emperor

Slowpokeking

The Sith Emperor, unlike Palpatine, wants to devour all lives and becomes the god of the galaxy, which was against the Empire and was not very realistic compare to many other Sith Lords. And he could simply brainwash people rather than turn them to the Dark Side, which should be the best way to show a Sith Lord's charisma. Also we already got someone whose ability was quite similar to him in KOTOR2.

And he could simply brainwash people rather than turn them to the Dark Side, which should be the best way to show a Sith Lord's charisma.

Ab. so. lute. worst. narrative. decision. possible. And I say this of a story universe with...certain companion events I won't name for fear of derailing the conversation.

The Emperor's

"make somebody fall to the Dark Side" button sells out the entire bleeping point of the six-movie story of Anakin Skywalker. And it turns Emperor Vitiate or whoever he is into a plot device rather than a character. Emperor shows up? All motivations are suspended. Nothing interesting can happen when the Emperor is in the room, because it's all about the button. Oh, unless you're one of the half dozen characters with a shiny arbitrary plot shield.

I could see a guy wanting to ascend to godhood; I find it hard to believe he would attract followers, but it's a fun goal and I can see a narcissistic Sith doing it. But the arbitrary mind control destroys every trace of agency, conflict, personal development, meaning, and character interest that anybody who ever interacts with him could have.

I do hate that. A lot.

The Emperor isn't dead, he is immortal because he can transfer his life force to new bodies when the current one is to old or damaged. The same thing Darth Zash was trying to accomplish due to not being able maintain her youthful appearrance and life with force trickery. The Emperors Hand (devout followers only loyal to the Emperor) prepare these bodies and keep the Emperor safe until he regains his strength, while the Emperors Wrath maintains order by exterminating the Emperors enemies & traitors to the Emperors Empire.

Darth Nihlus from Kotor2 had similiar plans his goal wasn't just the complete extermination of all Jedi & force sensitives it was total extermination for the ultimate goal of supreme power. He fed off pain & fear not just the force. Unlike Darth Nihlus, the Emperor wants to exterminate life to gain more power but even said it himself that he would let the cycle of life rebuild and start over so as to continue the cycle over for infinity. Totally Mad "yes", Dead "no"!

Edited by rayrca

However we do know that he ends up dead in the end no matter what and that the Jedi Knight Character class is the one who eventually does it. Yes he is immortal BUT hes NOT invincible and Scourge proved that his "Hands" as he called them cant be completely trusted. I agree with Scourge the Emperor need to die.

I enjoyed the fact that Scourge (the first Emperors Wrath sets into motion Darth Vitiate's downfall.

Ab. so. lute. worst. narrative. decision. possible. And I say this of a story universe with...certain companion events I won't name for fear of derailing the conversation.

The Emperor's

"make somebody fall to the Dark Side" button sells out the entire bleeping point of the six-movie story of Anakin Skywalker. And it turns Emperor Vitiate or whoever he is into a plot device rather than a character. Emperor shows up? All motivations are suspended. Nothing interesting can happen when the Emperor is in the room, because it's all about the button. Oh, unless you're one of the half dozen characters with a shiny arbitrary plot shield.

I could see a guy wanting to ascend to godhood; I find it hard to believe he would attract followers, but it's a fun goal and I can see a narcissistic Sith doing it. But the arbitrary mind control destroys every trace of agency, conflict, personal development, meaning, and character interest that anybody who ever interacts with him could have.

I do hate that. A lot.

I want to say the Emperor present in SW:TOR is stronger than Palpatine considering the sheer amount of power and abilities he has compared to Palpatine for all we just know shoots purple lightning and spins like a ballerina when he fights...

The Emperor isn't dead, he is immortal because he can transfer his life force to new bodies when the current one is to old or damaged. The same thing Darth Zash was trying to accomplish due to not being able maintain her youthful appearrance and life with force trickery. The Emperors Hand (devout followers only loyal to the Emperor) prepare these bodies and keep the Emperor safe until he regains his strength, while the Emperors Wrath maintains order by exterminating the Emperors enemies & traitors to the Emperors Empire.

Darth Nihlus from Kotor2 had similiar plans his goal wasn't just the complete extermination of all Jedi & force sensitives it was total extermination for the ultimate goal of supreme power. He fed off pain & fear not just the force. Unlike Darth Nihlus, the Emperor wants to exterminate life to gain more power but even said it himself that he would let the cycle of life rebuild and start over so as to continue the cycle over for infinity. Totally Mad "yes", Dead "no"!

To most of the beings, include the other Sith Lords, that's not much different.