Matchmaking system needed.

We really do need a Flashpoint/Operations matchmaking system, it's a real pain to get a group for a flashpoint. Been trying to get to taral V for a while (which keeps bugging as you go to revive from first boss that resets it does a client crash to the whole group) and I can't seem to get any luck getting a group.

You need a system (possible cross server too) where you can select flashpoint/operation select your role (tank/DPS/healer) and go into a queue.

I know it's early days for the game but it's something to consider or at least have a server wide LFG channel for now while something like the matchmaking system can be implemented.

Edited by solo-nite

We really do need a Flashpoint/Operations matchmaking system, it's a real pain to get a group for a flashpoint. Been trying to get to taral V for a while (which keeps bugging as you go to revive from first boss that resets it does a client crash to the whole group) and I can't seem to get any luck getting a group.

You need a system (possible cross server too) where you can select flashpoint/operation select your role (tank/DPS/healer) and go into a queue.

I know it's early days for the game but it's something to consider or at least have a server wide LFG channel for now while something like the matchmaking system can be implemented.

No No No No No NOOO!! That is a big reason the WoW community has been ruined. There is no need to socialize anymore, just click a button and be on your way. The way it is now is perfect, if you act like an *** and steal **** (this would happen if a x-server LFG was implemented) than you get a bad rep on the server and no groups. I do not ever want to see a cross server LFG again. Keep it in the same server fine, but don't cross the servers ever.

Agree! LFG-system/channel would save so much time. I hate running around on Imperial Fleet and wait for others to show up. I would like to do some questing at the same time Im looking for a group. Sometimes it take around 30mins to find a full group.

I fully support the OP we need a better system!!

No No No No No NOOO!! That is a big reason the WoW community has been ruined. There is no need to socialize anymore, just click a button and be on your way. The way it is now is perfect, if you act like an *** and steal **** (this would happen if a x-server LFG was implemented) than you get a bad rep on the server and no groups. I do not ever want to see a cross server LFG again. Keep it in the same server fine, but don't cross the servers ever.

Thats why the DDO system is by far the best. Its not automated, but allows party leaders to advertise their group in a common interface that shows everyone who/what is in the party already, which classes are still options for the last slots, which quest the party is planning on doing, arbitrary comment, etc.

Then people who want to join pushes a "join" button to send a request. The party leader can then talk with the person, decides if they want them, and accept/deny.

basically, its all the convenience of the automated system, with most of the social interaction still in there.

http://www.mmocrunch.com/wp-content/gallery/ddo-review/ddo-lfg.jpg

I don't get it.

you can flag yourself as LFG including a comment what for and your role.

just type LFG into the WHO/Seach window and see for yourself.

Make the the discripion winow more structured and you are done.

no need for any automatic match making sutff.

I don't get it.

you can flag yourself as LFG including a comment what for and your role.

just type LFG into the WHO/Seach window and see for yourself.

Make the the discripion winow more structured and you are done.

no need for any automatic match making sutff.

Unfortunately you can only see people in the same region. There should be a common LFG channel, or channels base on your lvl 10-20, 30-40.

We definitely need something better than what we have. We got a group together for Cademimu the other night and the tank I invited (from my friends list) said he would come soon as he finished what he was doing. Well 20 minutes later he says that it has taken him longer that he thought and bails. There is a severe shortage of tanks in the game right now and it is no fun to hang around the fleet hoping to nab a tank passing through. I know some people are vehemently against having an actual LFG queue, but there needs to be a way for you to continue questing while waiting on a group to get formed. Another problem is having to wait for that last person to get there. A way to summon people would be a great help too. My personal preference is a WOW style queue. I know that there are horror stories from pugs (and I have my own), but there are also many stories of success and fun times.

We definitely need something better than what we have. We got a group together for Cademimu the other night and the tank I invited (from my friends list) said he would come soon as he finished what he was doing. Well 20 minutes later he says that it has taken him longer that he thought and bails. There is a severe shortage of tanks in the game right now and it is no fun to hang around the fleet hoping to nab a tank passing through. I know some people are vehemently against having an actual LFG queue, but there needs to be a way for you to continue questing while waiting on a group to get formed. Another problem is having to wait for that last person to get there. A way to summon people would be a great help too. My personal preference is a WOW style queue. I know that there are horror stories from pugs (and I have my own), but there are also many stories of success and fun times.

Exactly.

^ Just like he said. I know its two different game, but its really hard to find team mates for any Flashpoint, and running aroung on the fleet and spamming lfg for 30-40 min is not my idea of fun playing, it makes a horrible experience to go to falshpoint on the right lvl.. sure i can go back on a higher lvl and do it myself but thats not the same.

ps.: implementing good and working idea is not a bad thing, learn from others mistakes.

• 3 weeks later...

They should at least have an ability to look at all the people in the galaxy that are LFG in the /who tab, currently you can only search on regions.

If they had a LFG channel you can see who is looking for what and then contact persons to create groups.

Hanging around the fleet for an hour to find groups is a waste of time which could be used on levelling...pvping or fp's

I am going to support this thread because the OP had the good sense to use the term "matchmaking."

Will WoW players stop commenting as though a matchmaking function is by default the one WoW uses? I don't know how much that one sucks, but a very simple system like the one in Guild Wars works great. You just type a short message, can be as simple as LFG or whatever other qualifications you want to put, and it goes on a list. That list has your name, your class, and your level. Team leads can put their team up the same way, with the role they seek in the message. By picking an entry from the list, you have the option of inviting a single player, joining an existing team, or one team can ask to be merged with another. So very convenient.

That system is not susceptible to grievers since you are not anonymous prior to joining. Though there is no loot issue in GW, I've seen some players gain a bad reputation in as short as one day through people sharing their names in chat. If you already have someone on your blacklist, obviously you will avoid him.

The current Who panel could potentially be used in this way but it's such a hassle. Mainly because you get this tiny "comment" tab that can't be widened and you have to type in text to search. So most of the time I see "lfg..." and the rest cut off. How hard would it be if BW just added a separate tool that you can list yourself or your team in separately sorted fp.

Please don't comment if you are against such a feature in general because this thread doesn't apply to you. As many people have begun to assert. If a feature doesn't suit you, don't use it, but don't deny it to others because you don't use it.

I am going to support this thread because the OP had the good sense to use the term "matchmaking."

Will WoW players stop commenting as though a matchmaking function is by default the one WoW uses? I don't know how much that one sucks, but a very simple system like the one in Guild Wars works great. You just type a short message, can be as simple as LFG or whatever other qualifications you want to put, and it goes on a list. That list has your name, your class, and your level. Team leads can put their team up the same way, with the role they seek in the message. By picking an entry from the list, you have the option of inviting a single player, joining an existing team, or one team can ask to be merged with another. So very convenient.

That system is not susceptible to grievers since you are not anonymous prior to joining. Though there is no loot issue in GW, I've seen some players gain a bad reputation in as short as one day through people sharing their names in chat. If you already have someone on your blacklist, obviously you will avoid him.

The current Who panel could potentially be used in this way but it's such a hassle. Mainly because you get this tiny "comment" tab that can't be widened and you have to type in text to search. So most of the time I see "lfg..." and the rest cut off. How hard would it be if BW just added a separate tool that you can list yourself or your team in separately sorted fp.

Please don't comment if you are against such a feature in general because this thread doesn't apply to you. As many people have begun to assert. If a feature doesn't suit you, don't use it, but don't deny it to others because you don't use it.

I totally agree with you, they can design the system whichever way they want. It doesn't have to be like WoW system and people really need to get off the "comparing it to WOW" wagon. I played WOW for 5 years and I have left due to boredom of it.

Also those who complain about wrecking the community via having a matchmaking system you already have a matchmaking system with PVP queue you don't complain about that. Also I am sure the "community" doesn't like to listen to "LFG for Maelstrom prison or LF2M for essles" etc every two minutes.

A matchmaking system for FP and operations needs to be added into this game.

Agree. This game is seriously in need of an LFG system, especially with the low amount of players there are now. Ex: I'm level 43, at the imperial fleet, LFG for Colicoid War Game. Now, there are 6 other people at the fleet that could be eligible to do this, what are the chances 4/6 of them will want to do it? Get real. I'm level 43 and have been in 3 FP ever. By now in WoW, I could have done over 50. It's impossible to find groups in this game, or - using the "social ability," it will take about 2 hours to realistically get a group going. This is absurd. This is a GAME, not FACEBOOK. Please don't say to be more social, that's absolutely ridiculous. People already are anti-social because they are playing this game (or any other game), so don't even put social and SWTOR in the same line. Alongside with that, I don't want to spend about 2 hours looking for a group that will never happen. As soon as you hit level 10 in WoW, you can get into a group, anytime, instantaneously compared to SWTOR. I don't think a "social" aspect is necessary or is even actually being social. You're defining social as "LFG Cademimu" and saying that for 1-2 hours until finding a group. Very social. Sorry but I'd rather not, and get into a group instantly. EDIT: Also in addition, They don't even have a summoning stone or let me use Star Wars terms here, a teleporter! FP are really not happening in this game unless some changes happen. Edited by Mymomisyours

But but what about the COMMUNITY?

You know, the one where everyone has to sign up with a guild so they can only group with their own guildmates?

Does anyone want to upload a Youtube video of the "community" at Fleet on their server?

Yeah it would be as embarrassing as it sounds.

I think there's one thing that'd be very useful, and cause zero community issues.

A global lfg channel.

You can look for others across everywhere. Even people who didn't put themselves in the /who lfg. Even people who weren't hugely gung ho, "but as long as there's a group forming."

Fleet general would have many fewer spams in it.

Yes, this hampered the "bonding with the community" issue. But the numbers of players who began using the content skyrocketed. In fact, when they added the raid finder recently, record numbers of players took up raiding.

You can't force being social on people by withholding game mechanics. You CAN get more people to play the game if game mechanics make certain play more accessible.

I have done zero flashpoints and only one heroic because I can't stand spamming chat channels in hopes of getting a nibble. If we had a button to click to get me into one without an hour of prep work, finding people to play with and travelling (or waiting for them to travel), I would do that all the time.

Guess what...this is how some people BECOME social. By meeting people this way, joining their guilds and adding to friends lists. Some people are shy or sensitive or merely less bold and gregarious than others. Let's get them into the game too!

No one in my guild was online, so I tried to get a group together for False Emperor. Took over 30 minutes.

WoW did it awesome, there was no sense of community lost (at least from Release-WotLK, which is when I played). I would often recognize people who were looking for a group.