Hard/Nightmare Ancient Pylons Bug

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had the same thing happen to us when attempting both hard and nightmare.

It just locked on the 4th row. Does anyone have a conclusive answer as to what we're doing wrong (or is it a bug?)

our strategy was just to run between the two pylons.

We did figure out the actual order and did it in the least amount of "uses".

Edited by Svensy

Its not a bug. This is a puzzle boss, and you have a limited amount of tries to complete the puzzle. Mindless clicking of the pylons will eventually lock it.

We didn't mindlessly click it, we followed the diagram and made no mistakes.

This has happened to our raid team twice now. It seems to me that the individual clicks need to be synced up with the timed spawns. After it locked on us twice we slowed down our clicks and made sure we synced up with spawns to ensure we were killing things. It worked for us!

Try slowing down your clicks, you have plenty of time to complete the puzzle, take a few more minutes and clear a couple more lawlwaves.

This, the encounter will NOT bug if done correctly.

Nope, it WILL bug nomatter what. You think SWTOR would have you reset the instance instead of resetting the boss if done wrong?

We have done it all ways possible, and its just pure luck if it doesnt bug.

Lol at the trolls. Have cleared this fight in several versions of both 8 man and 16 mans.

Take a look at the home page of my guild if you would like to see our progress: areyoucondemned.com.

This boss is NOT bugged.

In hard modes you get a LIMITED amount of clicks. It is a PUZZLE. Figure out the way you want to click BEFORE you pull. Either side should not continue clicking until BOTH pylons are locked.

Again, this boss would be face roll if you just went up and clicked with no rhyme or reason.

But heh, its easier to chalk up to bugs than actually figure the encounter out.

We had two raids clear this boss on 16 man last night and we had ZERO issues with the pylons bugging. Guess we must be lucky.

Too add icing to the cake: devs have confirmed with us that it is indeed not bugged.

Really? And you know this how? Because it didn't bug on you and you did it "correctly"? Oh.

Nope, it WILL bug nomatter what. You think SWTOR would have you reset the instance instead of resetting the boss if done wrong?

We have done it all ways possible, and its just pure luck if it doesnt bug.

Ok, I know this is true because I have done the encounter correctly for three weeks now with 0 bugs on hard mode.

The issue is number of clicks you can use per side! Learn the pattern = win the encounter.

Lol at the trolls. Have cleared this fight in several versions of both 8 man and 16 mans.

Take a look at the home page of my guild if you would like to see our progress: areyoucondemned.com.

This boss is NOT bugged.

In hard modes you get a LIMITED amount of clicks. It is a PUZZLE. Figure out the way you want to click BEFORE you pull. Either side should not continue clicking until BOTH pylons are locked.

Again, this boss would be face roll if you just went up and clicked with no rhyme or reason.

But heh, its easier to chalk up to bugs than actually figure the encounter out.

We had two raids clear this boss on 16 man last night and we had ZERO issues with the pylons bugging. Guess we must be lucky.

Too add icing to the cake: devs have confirmed with us that it is indeed not bugged.

Spot on, glad to have a voice of reason!

Ok, I know this is true because I have done the encounter correctly for three weeks now with 0 bugs on hard mode.

The issue is number of clicks you can use per side! Learn the pattern = win the encounter.

Having to reset the entire instance if you mess up is a bug... If the devs say otherwise they are insane.