Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Harassment of Developers

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sudo
05.07.2015 , 01:33 PM | #21
It's unfortunate some people took to this extreme measure and in no way do I condone it.

That being said, maybe you as developers need to look into why this group and this topic ended up going to such extremes.

Reading your response about dialogue made my stomach churn just a little, because the posts I'm reading from the combat team are less about actual dialogue and more of a "Learn to Play" or "this is how we want you to play a xxx spec Sent/Mara".

Now this isn't to say that dialogue didn't happen on other developer posts, in fact quite the opposite, many were happy about the reversal of "QOL" Heal changes that were actually nerfs.

But the tone of the messages from the COMBAT team regarding Sentinels and Marauders is drastically different, bordering on antagonizing.

Again, don't hide behind the fact that some groups went to unethical extremes, but to me, this illustrates the frustration level of players who are extremely passionate about a class, and how they are not feeling heard or acknowledged to the point of being antagonized.

Developer interaction is increasing, but it is still very spotty at best when it comes to actual dialogue and that's the issue, the lack of one side feeling heard or acknowledged.

Nepthen
05.07.2015 , 01:36 PM | #22
I may be snarky in some of my replies and it's obvious that there is huge disagreement between the devs and players regarding the proposed changes to Sentinels/Mara but threatening someone and his/her extended family is unacceptable.

This is the new low of the community.
Nepthen Kesslyte
Old Republic Dads
Host - Old Republic Radio
The Shadowlands

Laurreth
05.07.2015 , 01:37 PM | #23
And once more I'm ashamed to be someone on the internet . I wish those people weren't and in fact I wish they were somehow transported to somewhere like the surface of the sun, or at least the interior of a very small concrete, windowless cell.

No idea really what else to say. "Keep up the work and don't go overboard with DPS output?" (Hey, I am mostly playing healers...)
I like how the whining about "censored" butts started instantly but it took 2 days for someone to notice the legs are also ****ed up rantboi

JuggernautReaver
05.07.2015 , 01:37 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Sudo View Post
It's unfortunate some people took to this extreme measure and in no way do I condone it.

That being said, maybe you as developers need to look into why this group and this topic ended up going to such extremes.

Reading your response about dialogue made my stomach churn just a little, because the posts I'm reading from the combat team are less about actual dialogue and more of a "Learn to Play" or "this is how we want you to play a xxx spec Sent/Mara".

Now this isn't to say that dialogue didn't happen on other developer posts, in fact quite the opposite, many were happy about the reversal of "QOL" Heal changes that were actually nerfs.

But the tone of the messages from the COMBAT team regarding Sentinels and Marauders is drastically different, bordering on antagonizing.

Again, don't hide behind the fact that some groups went to unethical extremes, but to me, this illustrates the frustration level of players who are extremely passionate about a class, and how they are not feeling heard or acknowledged to the point of being antagonized.

Developer interaction is increasing, but it is still very spotty at best when it comes to actual dialogue and that's the issue, the lack of one side feeling heard or acknowledged.
truth
Rpr 70 Sniper Lightning Masters
Rlsht 70 Powertech HMD Magenta
Drtykillz 70 Gunslinger Pull Burn Profit
Marauder 70 Marauder Lightning Masters

JasonNH
05.07.2015 , 01:39 PM | #25
How embarrassing for the SWTOR community. I hope the ones responsible are caught and given some form of justice, and then John and his family can move on from this nonsense.
Going into carbonite until the multiplayer returns to the MMO

FerkWork
05.07.2015 , 01:43 PM | #26
While I strongly disagree with some of the Dev Teams decisions regarding certain Classes, at the end of the day it just a game and discussion should remain within the confines of organized discussion. Moving into the area of Real life harassment and threats is unacceptable and shameful. I hope you take swift action against those harassers. These perpetrators are not welcome by the community.

I do implore you to continue listen to our suggestions and feedback as many Players who may disagree are as outraged at these actions as you are and even more.

I am again saddened by these actions by such Dregs of society.

Twortas
05.07.2015 , 01:44 PM | #27
Not cool at all, I hope legal action is considered along with account bans.

As for the people saying its sorta ok because there's a big gap between developers intent for the class and what players want, nope sorry, this kinda harasment can never come even close to being justified.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Scgw66
referral link should any want to click it

DanaMarschz
05.07.2015 , 01:44 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Sudo View Post

There is never a time or place for victim blaming man.

DynamiCtagez
05.07.2015 , 01:44 PM | #29
This is ****ed up and I feel incredibly sorry. I disagree with almost everything he said. He insulted us by telling us to l2p and ignores almost all of the feedback we give. He even slaps PvPers in the face by spreading a utility that should be made passive into multiple ones. He ignores the community and yet asks for more feedback and it seems he's trying to mock us. He has to understand that we are the players who play this class for years and he should seriously consider our suggestions and not just kick us in the face with insults. And "disagreement with some things" is a different thing than straight up insulting us or completely ignoring our suggestions. What you said about discussing and respecting each other opinions--it really doesn't seem the combat team is respecting the voice of the players AT ALL.

But even with all that in mind he should NEVER be personally harassed, especially not on personal accounts. And harassing his family is even worse and disgusting. Again I'm incredibly sorry for these ****heads in our community. I hope he and his family are alright.

Alec_Fortescue
05.07.2015 , 01:44 PM | #30
Lol

Even I don't go over to devs other accounts about Jedi robes.... And I thought I am crazy.