55's in old SM Flashpoints.

I searched everywhere to find an equal post. But I'm sorry if this has already been posted before me: Now, on with the show!

I really don't get what 55's are doing in normal storymode flashpoints. (Daily's) Ya I get that single tiny minor point. Other than that. No.

They're game breaking and simply ruins alot of fun for other players out of several reason!

1: If there is 2 lvl 55 dps'ers- It WILL be difficult for a 47-48 tank to keep the threath. Considering he only got one guard. How is that game breaking, you ask? Well, that tank is kinda not needed at this point, out of reason 1 and 2 combined.

2: Any lvl 55 can ignore the game mechanics completly, as they do not take much dmg considering the level difference.

Basicly, you're getting carried through it, it's a lullaby for the 55's and they're simply making that flashpoint run a complete boredom.

I sincerly ask, that you consider, to remove the option for a lvl 55, to join for any normal 47-50 storymode flashpoint.

I really can't see the need for it, besides those 10 commendations a day, but sorry guys. To bad.! Eventually, one day I will get Rise of the Hutt cartel, so this idea will affect me aswell. But hey, I'd bored my self to death if I should run a flashpoint as a tank, where I wouldn't even need a healer and I can set my head to autopilot.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you don't want to get carried? What if you want a challenge?

They call it an expansion pack, but expansion packs excludes old content. This doesn't, in other words, it's not an expansion pack.

I really hope Bioware/EA/Lucasarts gets their heads straight and make a real expansion, with new class stories (yes, CLASS STORIES, I don't care about Makeb, it's the same story for all classes). With new content, that excludes the old. I mean, isn't it only fair, that if 55's can join Directive 7 on normal mode, that I, as level 50, can join Athiss at normal mode? I'll join as dps, see if the tank can hold aggro from me. Exaggerating to get the point out...

I've been in groups where we've mispulled and pulled a lot, and by God, I swear I didn't think I was that good a healer, but I am. I can heal it. AT LEVEL 50. I want those challenges... I find them fun. It's not fun to be carried.

Now, I know how people hate when you compare MMO's to World of Warcraft. But level 90's can't join level 85 dungeons in the group finder. They can go to the places if they want, still get the "dailies" done (that doesn't exist in WoW anymore, but if it was SWTOR for example). Get a group of friends together. But don't let them join the group finder, just because they are lazy and perhaps don't have friends.

Oooh, I sound harsh. But the truth is.... I really don't feel like playing anymore, and I really wish people realized what a poor executed game this is. So what if we all went f2p, didn't care about anything, were totally ignorant and didn't buy at all from the cartel market? Maybe they'd realize that they CAN'T do whatever they want.

THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT.

If the customer was always right then nobody would ever pay for anything ever again because everybody wants everything for no effort and refuses to pay for anything.

Edit: and by the way since you don't feel like playing, bye bye ;)

Edited by Spyderwraith

I did it a bit for basic comms so i could get the arkanian relics.

I agree with you 100%, the challenge for level 50 flashpoints is pretty much gone.

That being said, i am in a mix of 69/72 gear without an active guild atm. Therefore i have to do the same 4 hm's over and over for gear that i dont even need. I am just trying to get that 12 ultimate comm weekly done.

Guess what, with my gear they are a breeze though now.

Would love to see nightmare version of flashpoints or something because alot of us that dont have guilds or dont want to commit to long drawn out operations (they are fun though) but still want challenging progressive content are bored of this content.

Even if i do manage to PuG for an ops its always storymode, /sigh not much difficulty in that :cool:

I have to be honest, this is incredibly annoying for me as well. When you get a level 55 Tank, you can just respec your healer to DPS. Except I don't want to do that, because I queued to heal. But there's nothing to heal. Ugh.

Likewise trying to "tank" for 55s. You're useless deadweight. You can just go DPS and screw around, but again... I queued to tank, not DPS. But nobody needs me to tank anything.

Rather than keep 55s out, I wish they would just "reverse bolster" and scale down the effective level and item level of everyone in 50 FPs to a set ceiling. Because I have no problem with the people themselves — I just queue to actually play, not follow 55s around and watch them play.

On the plus side, some 55s are such bad players that it's like not having 55s at all. I had a 55 Marauder in a mix of Willpower and Cunning gear (because "Endurance is my primary stat") who constantly had aggro ripped off him by the level 49 Concealment Operative.

Relax, in the end it's just a game and we should all be having fun.
Except we're not, because there's no play involved when you have level 55s in Black Market gear running Story Mode Directive 7. So what you're really trying to say is, "Relax, it's just a game and you should be happy I'm having fun at your expense". Edited by SW_display_name

Did it few times to finish old quests from Mission Log (like the story quest for 2 FPs after Ilum etc). I queued specifically for Battle of Ilum and False Emperor and selected both modes to increase the chance of finding a group of all, it's not easy to queue for specific FP. Especially as DPS. But yeah, ended up stealing agro horribly (69/72 gear), so I literally took oof few pieces of armor/implants and it went on much better Edited by Pietrastor

I think that in patch 2.3 they are taking out the ability to queue for level 50 sm fps at level 55

Well they better add more stuff if they do that because right now level 55's get only 2 ops and 4 flashpoints.

Less is not more, less is less.

Can you not check the level of the people in the group before you accept the que? If you don't like the level why accept.

They should be allowed to run them if they wish and maybe using group finder is the only way they can do it. They may not know anyone to run them with.

It's not like they are hiding the level from anyone.

Can you not check the level of the people in the group before you accept the que? If you don't like the level why accept.

They should be allowed to run them if they wish and maybe using group finder is the only way they can do it. They may not know anyone to run them with.

It's not like they are hiding the level from anyone.

I totally agree, if you don't like the group, decline the GF screen. Besides, many people get to 55 in Voss/Corellia (I did on my last toon, my jugg tank) and may not have all the makeb mods on their gear, so a few runs on fps like D7, Battle of Ilum or even false emperor may be in order. Besides, I don't think is that easy to do SM Kaon, or Lost Island even with 2 55s.

And consider this: On Ilum you have to go through the Battle of Ilum and false emperor fps. Do you actually expect that people have to go through the HM versions? It's bad enough to do Foundry HM just to get the HK piece.

Of course, OP don't see this since he don't have RotH Expansion. The people who should be stopped from doing the SM fps are the people with gear over 63, but many fresh 55s actually don't even have a single piece of 58, let alone 61 and over stuff.

I did it a few time while leveling my tank, especially after some non enjoyable experiences such as the level 55 healer dpsed his way along not healing me until i beg for it, level 55 player skip the bosses while I needed to gear up, etc.

The problem was when I queued again, I fell on the same group (looking for tank).

Well they better add more stuff if they do that because right now level 55's get only 2 ops and 4 flashpoints.

Less is not more, less is less.

They are adding two new flashpoints in 2.3 and 2 new ops in 2.4

I finished Voss at level 55 because of double xp. Still with 58 mods. Needed to do some of the SM FP to get the rewards for the campaign chestpiece and mainhand. Sure, I could straight away aim for the basic gear but why rush. It's not like there's a level 60.

I searched everywhere to find an equal post. But I'm sorry if this has already been posted before me: Now, on with the show!

I really don't get what 55's are doing in normal storymode flashpoints. (Daily's) Ya I get that single tiny minor point. Other than that. No.

They're game breaking and simply ruins alot of fun for other players out of several reason!

1: If there is 2 lvl 55 dps'ers- It WILL be difficult for a 47-48 tank to keep the threath. Considering he only got one guard. How is that game breaking, you ask? Well, that tank is kinda not needed at this point, out of reason 1 and 2 combined.

2: Any lvl 55 can ignore the game mechanics completly, as they do not take much dmg considering the level difference.

Basicly, you're getting carried through it, it's a lullaby for the 55's and they're simply making that flashpoint run a complete boredom.

I sincerly ask, that you consider, to remove the option for a lvl 55, to join for any normal 47-50 storymode flashpoint.

I really can't see the need for it, besides those 10 commendations a day, but sorry guys. To bad.! Eventually, one day I will get Rise of the Hutt cartel, so this idea will affect me aswell. But hey, I'd bored my self to death if I should run a flashpoint as a tank, where I wouldn't even need a healer and I can set my head to autopilot.

Can't believe this is happening.

1) as a 55, most likely the gear in SM FPs is, to them, redundant. Hence most likely more gear roll for you lowbies.

2) Wow, people are really moaning about having easy blue milk runs of flashpoints? wut?

3) the reasons 55s do those are: 8k for the flashpoint itself + 8k for daily sm flashpoint +12k for emerging conflicts 5, classic comms from the quest and planetary comms from the group finder thingy which people use for upgrading companions in rakata, or for stuff to send to alts.

There. :)

i'm sure that if bioware were to change the system, it would probably be scaling the HMs to 55, not removing the ability for 55s to queue for them.

they added all of those achievements for doing the old flashpoints on SM and HM

but since scaling them to 55 would cause a lot of problems as well (people who didn't buy makeb won't be able to get the HM achievements, for instance), i doubt that they'll change anything at all.

think that in patch 2.3 they are taking out the ability to queue for level 50 sm fps at level 55

Not a good decision... it takes long enough to get a group for directive 7, battle of illum, false imperator SM already.

Recently I did Corellia and final class quests and leveled 48 to 50, without a 50 SM queue pop , as a healer no less!

Not a good decision... it takes long enough to get a group for directive 7, battle of illum, false imperator SM already.

Recently I did Corellia and final class quests and leveled 48 to 50, without a 50 SM queue pop , as a healer no less!

Exactly, I waited about 2 hours last night then finally called it quits. Wait times would be even worse.