Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I get it!

foxmob
08.30.2019 , 05:28 PM | #1
I finally get it!

in a dps with tank match, and this other mando is demanding guard. we lose both rounds and mando say, "yall are terrible" to ops and leaves.

I check the dmg taken. he's at 257k. he didn't get guard all game. the jugg dps had it. I didn't have it either. so I compare him to me. I took 345k. now that's not great for me, but the dude only took 257k and he's yelling at the tank. so I msg him on fleet and just say, "I know you don't want to hear this, but as a mando, you need to take at least 350k dmg without guard. a good mando takes 400-450k dmg before he dies without guard or healer. you took 257k. I only took 345k, but...well...you get the idea."

his reply was, "dont tll me how to play my tune id love to duel you." followed by, "duel?" etc.

like, I know I'm medicore, but I also know that there's a certain amount of dmg you should take per class and that directly affects how long you live and so on and so forth. so when I try to reach out as judiciously as possible and be slapped away, it's like...ok. I get it! this is why no one tries to help. it's not jealously guarding a secret. it's not even a lack of time. it's because you're met with rancor and bile.
Krack

JediMasterAlex
08.30.2019 , 05:39 PM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
I finally get it!

in a dps with tank match, and this other mando is demanding guard. we lose both rounds and mando say, "yall are terrible" to ops and leaves.

I check the dmg taken. he's at 257k. he didn't get guard all game. the jugg dps had it. I didn't have it either. so I compare him to me. I took 345k. now that's not great for me, but the dude only took 257k and he's yelling at the tank. so I msg him on fleet and just say, "I know you don't want to hear this, but as a mando, you need to take at least 350k dmg without guard. a good mando takes 400-450k dmg before he dies without guard or healer. you took 257k. I only took 345k, but...well...you get the idea."

his reply was, "dont tll me how to play my tune id love to duel you." followed by, "duel?" etc.

like, I know I'm medicore, but I also know that there's a certain amount of dmg you should take per class and that directly affects how long you live and so on and so forth. so when I try to reach out as judiciously as possible and be slapped away, it's like...ok. I get it! this is why no one tries to help. it's not jealously guarding a secret. it's not even a lack of time. it's because you're met with rancor and bile.
I'm glad you took the time to describe this scenario. I've had those kinds of conversations many times myself. You try to explain to someone that they were playing poorly, backed up by facts, and they just refuse to listen. They lose game after game, all the while people are getting angrier at them.

And what happens next? They come onto the forums complaining that ranked is so "toxic" and I have to argue with them lol.

foxmob
08.30.2019 , 06:01 PM | #3
nah. he just thinks he's good. like the sorc who complains that the team isn't peeling for him when he dies in the first 30s.

I've been there, but I'm not blaming ppl for not peeling.
Krack

Lhancelot
08.30.2019 , 06:42 PM | #4
Sounds like an immature player, AKA a manchild or an actual kid. Wouldn't put much concern into it.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

JediMasterAlex
08.30.2019 , 07:09 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
nah. he just thinks he's good. like the sorc who complains that the team isn't peeling for him when he dies in the first 30s.

I've been there, but I'm not blaming ppl for not peeling.
Yeah, people really need to take responsibility for their own play, especially in all dps games. Sometimes people will complain when I don't offheal them nonstop, even while they are playing totally out of position and mashing all of their dcds at once. My puny offheals can't make up for their poor play.

Seterade
09.01.2019 , 01:54 AM | #6
zzzzz a good jugg takes 350k dmg before dieing, a good lightning sorc takes 450k and a good merc takes 450k-600k depending on team comp, focus and map. (basicaly how many fury maras and engineer snipers do they have, and anything but corilia. can we all agree corilia sucks for 4 dps matchs.. ugh.)

Lhancelot
09.01.2019 , 08:09 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterAlex View Post
even while they are playing totally out of position and mashing all of their dcds at once. My puny offheals can't make up for their poor play.
I find this the biggest irritant when I am on heals... People that run ahead and a team that goes scattered on different targets!

When we got 2-3 stealths, I have had the entire team split off and leave me (sorc heals) to try to manage the opposite teams stealths on my own, who almost always come straight for me.

So annoying trying to keep myself up, and then try to run ahead and land heals on a team that is scattered all over the place.

I am finding on bad teams like this, if i just run off and kite alone, I stand a better chance of living and our team winning if I can manage to stay alive a long time to give my team time to kill enemies first.

Thing is, this is backwards and starts bad practice habits when I need to stay with my team and use guard when given it or peels. If I run off kiting into no mans land, I can't get any team support.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

foxmob
09.01.2019 , 12:39 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
zzzzz a good jugg takes 350k dmg before dieing, a good lightning sorc takes 450k and a good merc takes 450k-600k depending on team comp, focus and map. (basicaly how many fury maras and engineer snipers do they have, and anything but corilia. can we all agree corilia sucks for 4 dps matchs.. ugh.)
I like corellia. there's plenty of room to kite and stuff to pillar hump if you position well. but it's rough against range heavy teams.

I used to despise orbital station because it zooms my camera really close, and I can't see well in it. but these days, my only gripes are with rishi & madalorian ring dead zones, and there's a niche in the back of orbital where players can get stuck.
Krack

RACATW
09.01.2019 , 01:01 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Seterade View Post
Jugg taking 350k damage isn't hard with h2f (it's like pressing 1 button 125k~ * 2 = 250k~ to start) and then an extra +30% of 125k which is 37.5k damage so 287k. Plus medpack lands you in around 43.7k more hp, so 330k damage taken. If they survive long enough for another round of endure pain that number might go to 350k I suppose.

But once you're out of dcd's you're out.

No idea why but 350k isn't unusual either on my pt.

Seterade
09.02.2019 , 09:51 AM | #10
pt is a little different, because a lot of time theirkolto is bursted through and it doesn't heal as much. also kolto missile on AP heals I believe up like 30k hp in total. it's not as good as some utility cause you won't really live long enough to notice it, but it will drop another 30k on your dmg taken before death

350k for jugg is because lets suppose you start bolstered. so 135k hp. now add 45k medpac. 175k. now take that down to 40k hp, activate ED. 175k - 40k = 135k. so you get 135k worth of heals here, and you are back to full. so now you have 175k + 135k = 310k. now you have only EP left. so for 15 seconds (I believe?) your hp doubles, then goes back. basicaly any dmg inflicted during this dcd is considered a "heal" because hp consumed during this, half of it is not real, and therefore treated as a heal. for EP to do the remaining 40k of 310k you'de have take somewhere around 80k dmg during EP. this is unrealistic honestly, you'll take more like 40-50k so your left 330-340k. you can take stun breaker heal (bad idea) and it'll buff you 350k but 9/10 (this is why you have to a "good" jugg, you need to either escape combat for a second medpac, or get another ED both of which require you to either escpae tunnel, and/or be good enough that people don't go you first by reputation