Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion Suggestions

absolutetristan
01.16.2020 , 11:41 AM | #1
There's just so many things I want regarding companions, I'm going to post my suggestions and ideas here. Some of these I've shared in the past, some are new. Not a specific topic, but just a lot of companion stuff in general. Any other ideas, please share.

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:
A weekly DATE NIGHT mission. In the alliance alerts section, you'll get a mission that your romance wants a date. Mission is heading to cantina somewhere in the galaxy. Cutscene of Player and romance enjoying drink/dinner/dancing, ends back on Odessen with fade to black... Rewards would be influence and companion gift(s). It can be purely cutscene with no dialogue, for me, just something to know our character is in a relationship.

COMPANION MISSIONS:
A weekly mission alert from a random alliance companion. Example, the "story", Skadge has business on Belsavis with the "mission" being running the heroics with Skadge. Experience, influence, and companion gifts would be the reward, with maybe some bonus missions and experience being using said companion in a specific role.

OPENING UP THE STARTER PLANET HEROICS:
I brought this up in the past, but for those who have them, I always liked the idea of Ranos taking non-jedi to Tython to run the heroic, Shae taking non-Agents/Hunters to Hutta for the heroics, Hexid taking non-sith to Korriban, and Nico taking non-smugglers/troopers to Ord Mantell.

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:
Sad to say, but so many story awesome characters we'd all love to have back probably won't be used in any fashion again, so why not just put them on the console. Lemda and Cytharat for Makeb. Miot for the Star Fortresses. The Oricon quest givers, I liked the Imperial side Sith. Just put them on the console.

NEW ALLIANCE ALERT IDEAS:
Spirit or Clone of... Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, Thexan, Dramath. I like the "Spirit of..." idea. Wouldn't you like a force ghost zapping enemies? I would. Force users can have a ritual to restore the companions... relics found on Nathema, or what have you. Non-force users, clones? We have Personnel for Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, and Dramath, so a character model is done.

EVENT COMPANIONS:
I love that the Nightlife and Pirate event have companion rewards, but why not all the events? By now, most of us have most of the current rewards, the events are getting stale, why not some new ones?
Rakghoul Companion for the Rakghoul event.
Mandalorians/Merceneries for the Bounty event.
Droids or Combat specimens for the Gree event.
Revelers and Wookiees for the Life Day event.

And last...

CARTEL COMPANIONS:
New category in addtion to droids and creatures: Personnel or Recruits or Soldiers with possible ideas of Republic/Sith Troopers. Sith/Jedi Apprentices/Masters, etc.
Refer a Friend Link:

ruffolofi
01.16.2020 , 12:24 PM | #2
I like all these ideas.

gamephil
01.16.2020 , 01:40 PM | #3
All of that sounds good. I'd especially like a spirit Marr, but I'd prefer Vaylin to get to live. But I'll take a spirit for both.

fishpeople
01.17.2020 , 08:28 PM | #4
They should add a new vendor to the cartel deck who 'creates' and sells Clones of various wanted characters to the PC. (Vaylin, Marr, Thana, Juno etc)

msbtbd
01.18.2020 , 12:02 AM | #5
I love ALL of these ideas! Especially the weekly companion dates, companion missions and cartel companions.
I'd love for Jonas Balkar to be a cartel companion if they're not going to use him more in the main story.

Darkbloom
01.18.2020 , 12:22 PM | #6
Yeah I like these ideas.

It would be really cool to get a lot of the story characters as companions from the console. Or as those little doo-dads that summon Shae or Ranos if you aren't high enough level yet to get their alerts.

I'd also like it if we could get the rest of the OG companions through the console or through doo-dads, the ones like Ashara and Andronikos who only came back for their specific class.

OlBuzzard
01.18.2020 , 06:32 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by absolutetristan View Post
There's just so many things I want regarding companions, I'm going to post my suggestions and ideas here. Some of these I've shared in the past, some are new. Not a specific topic, but just a lot of companion stuff in general. Any other ideas, please share.

ROMANCE COMPANIONS:
A weekly DATE NIGHT mission. In the alliance alerts section, you'll get a mission that your romance wants a date. Mission is heading to cantina somewhere in the galaxy. Cutscene of Player and romance enjoying drink/dinner/dancing, ends back on Odessen with fade to black... Rewards would be influence and companion gift(s). It can be purely cutscene with no dialogue, for me, just something to know our character is in a relationship.

COMPANION MISSIONS:
A weekly mission alert from a random alliance companion. Example, the "story", Skadge has business on Belsavis with the "mission" being running the heroics with Skadge. Experience, influence, and companion gifts would be the reward, with maybe some bonus missions and experience being using said companion in a specific role.

OPENING UP THE STARTER PLANET HEROICS:
I brought this up in the past, but for those who have them, I always liked the idea of Ranos taking non-jedi to Tython to run the heroic, Shae taking non-Agents/Hunters to Hutta for the heroics, Hexid taking non-sith to Korriban, and Nico taking non-smugglers/troopers to Ord Mantell.

PUT THEM ON THE CONSOLE:
Sad to say, but so many story awesome characters we'd all love to have back probably won't be used in any fashion again, so why not just put them on the console. Lemda and Cytharat for Makeb. Miot for the Star Fortresses. The Oricon quest givers, I liked the Imperial side Sith. Just put them on the console.

NEW ALLIANCE ALERT IDEAS:
Spirit or Clone of... Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, Thexan, Dramath. I like the "Spirit of..." idea. Wouldn't you like a force ghost zapping enemies? I would. Force users can have a ritual to restore the companions... relics found on Nathema, or what have you. Non-force users, clones? We have Personnel for Marr, Vaylin, Valkorion, and Dramath, so a character model is done.

EVENT COMPANIONS:
I love that the Nightlife and Pirate event have companion rewards, but why not all the events? By now, most of us have most of the current rewards, the events are getting stale, why not some new ones?
Rakghoul Companion for the Rakghoul event.
Mandalorians/Merceneries for the Bounty event.
Droids or Combat specimens for the Gree event.
Revelers and Wookiees for the Life Day event.

And last...

CARTEL COMPANIONS:
New category in addtion to droids and creatures: Personnel or Recruits or Soldiers with possible ideas of Republic/Sith Troopers. Sith/Jedi Apprentices/Masters, etc.
Several of these ideas are super !! Mine might vary a bit... but good ideas !

Regardless of the EXACT ideas that are used... IMO it's time for the expansion and further development of our companions to begin.

I would like to add a few more items to the list (if that's OK)
1. Repeatable interactions with companions (weekend retreat kind of goes with your suggestion)
2. More features available to customize said companions.
3. MAYBE the selection of a companion : race / class / background story (?) and gender that could stay with us if we so chose ?? Maybe?? (this one might be kind of a reach)
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|

absolutetristan
01.19.2020 , 11:16 AM | #8
Appreciate the comments.

An additional ideas I forgot, which is crazy since it's one I've been thinking about a lot.

ONSLUAGHT COMPANIONS FOR SABOTEURS:
This has been something I've thought about a lot since Onlsaught dropped. Both factions, I love all the characters introduced.
You know, KOTFE/KOTET essentially had a LS keeps everyone, DS kills everyone regarding story and alliance alert companions, when available. I think this will probably transfer to current content under the guise of Loyalists keep the story companions, sabateurs will kill everyone.
I hope I'm wrong, but just in case, I'd like for the story companions (Tau/Arn and Anri, and anyone else in the future) to work out like this. In the case that the Onslaught companions, at some point, join our characters, Loyalists will probably be fine. I don't want them dead on saboteurs in an act of betrayal from my character. Side note, my mains are a LS Sorcerer Empire Loyalist & a LS Guardian Republic saboteur.
Loyalists will be fine, but for Saboteurs, possibly, maybe, fingers crossed, please, if/when it is publicly revealed ingame that a saboteur is a saboteur, have the faction leaders wrongly come to the conclusion that the Onslaught Companions (Tau/Arn for Republic, or Anri for Empire, or anyone else introduced later), having worked closely with the Saboteurs on so many missions, factions leaders will claim they (Tau/Arn or Anri) must also be compromised and named enemies of the faction. And they'll have no other recourse then to possibly join the Alliance.
Refer a Friend Link: