Phantom and Spymaster gear changes

Karaiblis

False it is bait and switch. If this was truly in error on their part, they should have made the item unavailable until a fixed was made, not leave it as is for almost a month.

Oh wow, yes, argument won right there, this impending change should not have laid buried in the forum for a month while they all went on vacation and people made a killing off the gear on the GTN.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean since when did "You gave us money - oh you suckers, now we will mock you!" ever make sense as a business strategy? BW want to encourage customers to spend money, not punish them for it.

This is the part I'm still waiting to make sense.

I bought my packs before the announcement, I rushed home to check it all out soon as I got off work and got them. For the idiot who is all, har har you spent real money. DUH that's what the cartel market is set up for, and why BW should be fixing the scam they have played on people, you couldn't have spent in game credits on the items if people hadn't spent cartel coins on them in the first place, idiot.

Yes it is after. But they did say that they were going to fix them to look like the advertised pictures of them. Now I agree that the fix took longer than it should have, but if people bought CM packs after they said that they were going to fix them, then that is their own fault. They knew the fix was coming.

And those of us who bought before? Screw us?

So here we are closing in on 40 pages and 400 posts and yet no real clarification why BW completely scrapped the old armor looks. Mistakes like these are just something my mind cannot fathom coming from such a huge entity. Is it that hard to give us back our old look as well as keep the new look. It has to all be a money scheme, because that's the only real answer. There going to release the old look and make us pay more Cartel coins for it. I was at a point of really liking the way the direction this game was going, now I'm settling back into ragequit mode.

"I used to look like a killer assassin, now I look like one of those grownups, with the helmets strapped on, getting off a little yellow school bus."

In case of the spymaster's gear, it has been over a month.

If something is broken, and you know it to be so, you do NOT keep selling it.

Unless you add to its description a Very Clear Note (IE at point of sale, not off in a forum thread) that it is scheduled for a later alteration.

Edited by winterjane

Oh, and THANK YOU pityful few who had a LARGELY IGNORED 9-page thread which took several days to assemble (compare THAT to the 35 pages we got in just this one thread in a matter of hours) for messing up some gear that EVEN YOU DIDN'T AGREE ON THAT IT SHOULD BE CHANGED!

I'm tempted to post your names here, but since that'd clearly be against the forum rules, I'll just tell everybody that they can find your names right here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=570765

Mind you, there are some people in that specific thread asking specifically NOT to downgrade the appearance of the Phantom outfit. So those people aren't all stupid.

I'm also very, very disappointed that the Phantom set has changed. I didn't buy the set, it was given to me by my hubby because I really liked it when he showed it to me. He could have sold it and gotten lots of credits, but he gave it to me instead. I'm also very unhappy they added some stupid things to the gloves. Now both the gloves and the chest piece call so much attention to themselves. My IA looked so nice and forgettable (which is a good thing for an IA) in this set and it actually had no hood! I hate the fact that you can't choose to hide the hood. Maybe I'm spoiled by EQ2, where I can equip cosmetic stuff OVER my armor and achieve the exact, specific look I want. I have bags and bags full of stuff to equip in my bank on my main in EQ2, so I can go in and have her look just how I want her to at that specific point in time. Here, I have to settle on one look per toon, and can't even really do that if it's not moddable and adaptive. Forget about half of the moddable robes for Jedi's....the stupid hood totally covers the wearer so you look no different than the next Joe Schmoe.

Unless you add to its description a Very Clear Note (IE at point of sale, not off in a forum thread) that it is scheduled for a later alteration.

They managed to have such a warning up for the -cartel market version- of Legacy Speeder Piloting 1. And it was on the patch notes for like 2 patches even. There's no reason they couldn't add a similar warning for other things in the cartel market...

And those of us who bought before? Screw us?

No. But there really is no way for BW to determine which CC's bought which pack that produced the gear. And let's be honest, it's only the chest piece, and b/c there is such an outcry over it I can see them releasing a BoP chest piece so that those that want the mistaken look can get it. Personally, the mistaken look is rather boring. I happen to like the new look. But I am of the mind that there are enough people who like the pre-fix look, so they should just release the BoP chest so that those that are screaming scam can shut up about it. Mistakes happen. Everywhere. I'm not saying that BW on the correct side of the mistake bar (they're not), but they went with what they heard the most, and that was fix it. I saw no where on the forums any topic for people who didn't want them to fix it.

No. But there really is no way for BW to determine which CC's bought which pack that produced the gear. And let's be honest, it's only the chest piece, and b/c there is such an outcry over it I can see them releasing a BoP chest piece so that those that want the mistaken look can get it. Personally, the mistaken look is rather boring. I happen to like the new look. But I am of the mind that there are enough people who like the pre-fix look, so they should just release the BoP chest so that those that are screaming scam can shut up about it. Mistakes happen. Everywhere. I'm not saying that BW on the correct side of the mistake bar (they're not), but they went with what they heard the most, and that was fix it. I saw no where on the forums any topic for people who didn't want them to fix it.

There is a simple fix create a vendor with the old look and alow you to exchange the item for the old look.. bam fixed

I would like to add my complaint to the long list *grumble grumble* I had the Phantom chestpiece for my inquisitor. It was sleek and something that I was proud to get after opening MANY cartel packs. What I really don't understand is this, the picture on the cartel pack did not say Phantom Chestguard, nor did it look enough like the Phantom to make me think the items were related. So how did people even begin to complain in the first place? Also in every pack you don't get what's pictured, actual contents may vary. Thus the preview screen, in my opinion was the failsafe to make sure that I was getting something I liked. So now bioware basically tells me I cannot trust their preview screen or the picture on the packs?

I don't blame people for wanting what was pictured with the pack, I open them looking for a cat (finally got one) and I don't blame people for wanting what was pictured on preview, I use that to look at clothes. I guess what I am trying to say is if we cannot trust either method and the way they handle each case is different (ex. the new red shirt art is changing on pack, whereas phantom the actual shirt is changing) then how can I ever spend money with confidence again? Consistency is needed. (and more shirts without shoulder pads are needed!)

My proposed solution: give everyone some kind of token for these shirts and let them decide the look they want. Remember Bioware, the customer is always right even when they are a blithering fool. I learned that through many years of retail. If you treat your customers right they will in turn keep you in business.

One does wonder why some simple research wasn't done. And here I am talking (goodness' knows why) to the people who want our money again. Such as - comparison of complaints about look of armour vs how well the armour in question is actually selling on the GTN (where ONLY preview can be a deciding factor) and how many people are buying the packs that might contain that armour. Because taking into account the latter as well as the former would indicate even to the simplest of beings that many people might be simply happy with what they are buying.

And if so, it might be worth getting a few more numbers in before just pissing those people off.

Because the people who are actually buying stuff, unless they drop into single figures, are pretty much always more use to you than people who don't buy and *****. Those people should absolutely be made happy too, if you can (they are often the guard keeping your standards up to the mark), but pissing off the ones who are actually giving you money - I don't recall when I last saw a company say 'hey screw them, let's cater to the ones who complained without any regard for the happy customers'.

So not rocket science.

The thread you are referring to covers two armours changed to match advertising. (I know it has wandered)

I would like to know why this set was changed as it didn't appear in any advertising.

I purchased this armour specifically for the way it used to look. (I hate the shoulder bit and the random patches on the back.)

I like simple clean armours of the kind you see characters wearing in the movies.

I would like it changed back.

There is a simple fix create a vendor with the old look and alow you to exchange the item for the old look.. bam fixed

Not disagreeing with you on that. And I think that if you exchange it and you have augs on it that they should transfer automatically. The biggest thing for me was like I said in my previous post. When people were asking for the fix, where were the people who didn't want it to change? No where. I like the new look like I said. More so than just a bland chest piece. I like the shoulders that were added (not so sure about the life preserver yet). But that is just my opinion.

The item should also not have been allowed to sell on the GTN. Very few people (instead of the thousands that did) would have bought the crappy "I look like every other robe except I have little red lights" robe instead if the sleek shirt/jacket/catsuit for hundreds of thousands of credits OR bought your damn cartel packs if they had known this change was going to happen.

Shame on you BioWare, shame.

And to all you people that are saying that lame line of "you should have known" let me direct this question to you. Do you read every post in every forum? Then why the hell should you expect me to?

There's no bait and switch, just blatant ignorance on the part of those for choosing to be unaware that this was an issue acknowledged last year that they said they would be fixing.

It amazes me that so many people are willing to let EA off the hook for this. If EA knew it was wrong (and they did), they should have pulled it out of the game. Period. Instead, they left it in and gladly accepted real cash from people that were buying it. If you are selling an item, you don’t get to point to some dev tracker that may have been updated months ago on a website that the in game purchaser may not even be aware of as a defense to the "mistaken" sale. If you are selling an item that is known to be defective, you as the seller have an obligation to withdraw the item from the market or to otherwise proactively inform (read: at the time of purchase) the potential buyer that what they see is not, in fact, what they will be getting.

They need to change it back and offer the “new” look as a separate item for people that actually want to acquire it.

I can handle the shoulder pads on the phantom suit.. But FFS why the hood? The hood was DEFINITELY not advertised.

I bought the phantom suit for my Assassin because I wanted something totally black and hoodless. Remove the goddamn hood at least!

If BW is scanning the forums for ideas and fixes to situations then that is why we have such a huge problem on this one. The reason you saw nothing from people who didn't want the armor changed is because these are the people who actually play the game, not try to become forum heros. I hardly ever come to these forums, but with this armor change, you will see me post repeatedly until they give us our old look back. There is no reasoning, no argument, or anything otherwise for them to completely scrap the old look.

I saw no where on the forums any topic for people who didn't want them to fix it.

Have you considered at all that this is likely because most people just don't spend their time starting threads on the subject "Hey, I bought such-and-such and am totally happy with it" ? They buy the stuff they want and get on with playing the game.

I'm not saying those who wanted changes should have been ignored. Absolutely not. Valid points on both sides. But it is false to assume that a lack of "hey, I bought this, and it looks just like I wanted, excellent'! threads can be translated as 'most people were unhappy with the status quo so we should change it'.

This SWTOR website is the official source of information for updates, known issues, patch notes, you choosing to not make yourself aware of such issues is your fault. Ignorance doesn't fly as an excuse when the information is there for everyone to read if they choose to do so.

But when the information they provide is hard to find, misleading or just plain wrong is that also the fault of the consumers or maybe, just maybe EA should actually have to shoulder some responsibility for the repeated screw ups.

Also kudos to Winterjane for the highly appropriate Hitchhiker's quote.

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

Folks, I just wanted to let you know that I have been reading all of your comments and I will be sharing your feedback with the developers. If I have any new information, I will post here. Please remember to stay on topic in this thread, and report any Terms of Service violations. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you.