Mentoring Is Necessary

Teriander

I have a question, why promote inviting your friends if you can't even group with your friend without them only gaining 1xp a kill?

I have a higher level character, my friend just joined me. But I can't group with him without him only gaining 1xp even if I don't attack anything, unless I redo another character?

In EQ2 I can mentor a lower level friend, become the same level he is, and we fight side by side without penalties. Does this not make sense?

Or am I missing something in the game?

I don't know if they have yet have implement it yet but in a game which will remain unnamed *cough* wow *cough* :) I used to have a couple toons at different levels where i would turn off the xp. For the new players of the my guild in order to help them out, I would log onto these characters (usually twinks since they sat at that level getting the best gear for that level) to help them out and they would be able to get xp without the penalty of having a higher level person in the team.

I could see doing the same thing here but I have made some Esseles and Taral V runs with my 50 sentinel for others where a couple of them regardless of the level difference were able to level up a couple times.

Haliy,

I never played wow, but it seems like most major MMOs have this feature. It should become a standard. Especially when you're promoting "Invite your friends!" free trial days like SWTOR is doing.

I mean what do they expect us to do when we invite our friends?

"Glad you made on the game buddy. Well I have to go since we can do absolutely nothing together. Message me when you reach 50. Have fun."

I agree with you with having this feature in most major MMO's however, with that being said, This MMO still has yet to implement alot of things players have seen before in other mmo's. For example:

Guild banks? No they are not in yet but are coming in 1.2

LFG finder? No they are not in yet but will be coming later on. Iv'e heard 1.3 or somewhere around there.

Character server transfers? they just started to implement this but only if you qualify

Mentorship? who knows... could or could not happen but we can always hope for the best

When we invite our friends, what level do they start off at? Level 1. If you were to roll a new alt, what level it start off at? Level 1. Look at that, not only will you be able to help them out, you will be able to have someone to group with that you personally know and have a good time with instead of thinking about leveling an alt doing the same old grind by yourself.

You might be one of the individuals that absolutely despises everything there is about the leveling process and would rather chop off your arm than to level another character however, you are already experienced with how the game is and where everything is. The leveling process will be faster than you might think and before you know it, both of you are now 50.

I really wish this game had the level sync system that FFXI has. With it you could level sync with your friends character and help them out, without power leveling them and you both get exp for it. (Natural stats and stats on gears were of course adjusted to the level you were syncing to.)

I could see doing the same thing here but I have made some Esseles and Taral V runs with my 50 sentinel for others where a couple of them regardless of the level difference were able to level up a couple times.

There's no huge exp nerf on heroics/FP's when you have higher levels rushing you trough it.

There's no huge exp nerf on heroics/FP's when you have higher levels rushing you trough it.

Yeah there is. I've run Esseles in a group with three levels 10-13 and a level 30 character and we were getting about 1xp per kill. With a full group of level appropriate characters that flashpoint nets me about a half bar of experience, depending on rest xp.