Feast of Prosperity Event - Feedback

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone!

The Feast of Prosperity event features new Daily Missions, Weekly Missions, and mini-game activities that you'll be able to participate in on PTS. You'll also have access to an introductory Mission, where you’ll meet Gaboorga the Abundant and Duuba the Magnanimous, the founders of the Feast, and learn a little more about them and their ambitions. When the event reaches the live servers, a new Story Mission will unlock every week, but on PTS, you'll just get a peek at the introductory story mission. We encourage you to check out the dailies, weeklies, and mini-games and provide your feedback.

Once you’re fully logged in to the PTS, head on over to the Fleet to pick up the starting Mission for the Feast of Prosperity! Just speak to the Festival Crier near the Cartel Bazaar elevator on the outer ring. The Daily Missions and minigames will only unlock once this introductory Mission is completed. Below you can find the type of feedback that the team is looking for. The rewards are not currently set up for the event, so don't be alarmed if you don't see any.

Cooking Minigame

- Did you enjoy the cooking minigame Missions?

- Were you able to understand the objectives? If not, what was unclear?

- Did the difficulty of challenge dishes feel appropriate?

- Did you prefer the timed challenge dish (Ultimate Galactic Sampler) or the untimed challenge dish (Spicy Nexu Supreme) mission?

- Would you like to see both types of challenge mission in the live version?

- Did you have difficulty interacting with any of the ingredients? If so, which ones?

- What did you enjoy the most? The least?

Cantina Rush Minigame

- Do you think it needs to be harder in the hard mode?

Prep Work Daily Missions

- Did any of these missions take too long to complete?

- Did you have any difficulty completing world boss missions while in a group?

- Were the objectives for all prep work missions clear?

Let us know your thoughts!

I hope we get some of these props as decorations! I also want a chef's hat.

Challenge Dish: Ultimate Galactic Sampler:

This one took a few goes to learn the ingredients! I really like it. I do think that the chef droid lacks a bit of personality though. If we could get an alien to shout at you when you muck up, I think it'd be a hoot! ^.^

Cantina Rush: Lunch Rush (Easy):

It took a reset to get me in the right area, but the mission itself was fun! When I hit 25/25 waited tables, the mission didn't complete though. I then deliberately let down 5 customers and the mission didn't fail either? :)

Cantina Rush: Dinner Rush (Hard):

Unfortunately, the mission did not complete when I waited 25 tables. However, it did allow to let down 5 customers and fail the mission. I was expecting it to be a bit more difficult compared to Easy mode. I didn't feel like I was too rushed, so I think there's wiggle room there with customer patience timers.

Pre Work: Sour Bellfruit:

Not much to say! It's straight-forward and I appreciate an excuse to nip over somewhere to fetch something!

Cooking Minigame

Yep! I felt utterly lost and behaved like I would in a real chef's kitchen. That is, I ran about like a headless chicken the first 2-3x.

It made perfect sense. Some ingredients took me a while to find, but that's the point!

I thought that the amount of time you were given for each task was fair. You just had to be observant.

- Did you prefer the timed challenge dish (Ultimate Galactic Sampler) or the untimed challenge dish (Spicy Nexu Supreme) mission?

The untimed one was good for getting used to the concept. The timed one felt more appropriate and relevant to the theme of serving customers. I thoroughly enjoyed that one.

I'd prefer to see both types, for the reasons above.

- Did you have difficulty interacting with any of the ingredients? If so, which ones?

No difficulty interacting with anything, just noticing them on the first time and that's not a bad thing.

I thought that there was a missed opportunity here to introduce us to a recurring character reminiscent of Dex that we could associate with the event, who yells at or praises us in a creative fashion while we work.

Cantina Rush Minigame

- Did you enjoy the cantina rush minigame Missions?

I thought that it was a fun concept! The only thing that I'd change is that I'd make the sounds of the patrons unique to their race. For example, the Jawas could exclaim "Utini!" or something, rather than have us hear that generic cheering.

Yes. I think that you could comfortably reduce the time it takes for patrons to get impatient by a small margin.

I enjoyed the opportunity to experience gameplay away from the norm - finding and beating up enemies. The event is building on the culture of the galaxy and I appreciate that. It makes it feel lived in.

Prep Work Daily Missions

No. It didn't take long to travel to the location and if I'd had a group handy to engage the world boss, that would have been conveniently placed.

N/A

Yup! Crystal. :)

Edited by MagSul
Adding more missions to the list.

First Impressions;

I skipped the story as I want to do that on live (so no feedback on that end).

I do think there could be more ornamentation around fleet and NS in general, not just the event area itself.

I tried the missions a few times, here is the result;

The Server Droid (lunch rush?)

• I thought this was nifty - took me a moment to realize I had new abilities; was trying to click the big symbols :p
  • The droid bugs out, sometimes dropping you outside the kitchen as the server droid (+/- invisibility)
  • The serving mission seems bug'd altogether; I can do it for a LOOOOONG time and nothing happens; it stops being fun after a while, so I'm fairly certain whatever the 'countdown to finish' method is malfunctions (tried it a few times), forcing you into an endless loop.
  • I wish the droid was faster but with tighter checks... though maybe that's in the hard mode/dinner rush? I want more zoomies, less RP walking :p
  • I wish we were doing it, not the droid. I kiiinda get why a droid makes more sense (and is easier), but it'd be fun if it stuck us in there, in a server's uniform that we could later buy/earn instead.

The cooking game

• I actually really like this!
  • some of the time checks are tight, but that's GOOD! Make me actually pay attention ^_^
  • Hopefully there's different recipes? If it's the same one over and over it'll get old, really fast
  • I got confused by the spices at the end, though maybe that was just me rushing.

I think both of these hopefully come with a chef/server outfits; great for RP'ers, and a nifty event-appropriate prize to grind (rep)?

I found the cooking mini game to be quite enjoyable and fun, had a little bit of an issue finding the ingredients at first but nothing too hard. As far as the serving mini-game its also kind of fun but I find the cooking one more enjoyable, mostly because the serving mini-game kind of confuses me when it comes to the requests by the clients.

While I'm getting better at discerning the shape of what they're ordering the outer circle makes me confused whether or not its the blue dish, or the red dish, I understand it was made in order to see how long you have until the clients get "impatient" but I do find it slightly confusing that the circle is one color and the dish is another.

The prep work honestly seems to be my least favorite because its just a fetch quest, go here, kill enemies, get ingredients, the one thing I'll say its a neat idea to integrate world bosses into them because it gives us an extra reason to do them which brings me to my next point. Haven't been able to properly test that worldboss quest yet since I was the only person in Belsavis:rak_01:

Edited by FlameYOL

The two issues I've run into this far have been the Dash missions not completing, and the Prep Work: Primeval Marrow not directing me to the correct area. I was ushered to The Tomb (in the South-East area of the map) when I should have been pointed towards the North of the map (which, incidentally, really needs a QT point there. I'm just sayin').

I've done the cooking quest and the Dining Dash quest. I preferred the cooking game but I suspect the dining dash game was bugged. It just kept going and going and going . . . and going. If that's by design it really needs to be shortened. Like I said, I believe it was bugged, i never did come to an end point. After what was close to a half hour I just left the banquet hall.

I'd also like to know what the rewards are. That will go a long way in determining how much repeat appeal this event has. Though I am FAR more likely to do this one repeatedly than I am the Swoop races. I tried those once and have no real interest in doing them again. I do like that there seems to be a decent variety of activities.

I'm going to try some other things today.

Cantina Dash appears broken to me. I click the door, become the droid, but am still outside with nothing to interact with. Tried on 3 different characters.

That has happened to me every time I try to do it. However, if I leave and come back, then click the door again I can get in the banquet hall. But, it seems that at that point the minigame is just stuck on a never ending loop. Unless they intended players to keep serving tables for over 20 minutes. Last night I did it for 30 minutes before I finally just stopped. If it isn't bugged for me and I just need to stay in there longer then I have no clue how long I'm supposed to stay in there carting plates of food around. It's a fun little game, but not really interesting enough to do for an extended period of time.

Edited by DuchessKristania

That has happened to me every time I try to do it. However, if I leave and come back, then click the door again I can get in the banquet hall. But, it seems that at that point the minigame is just stuck on a never ending loop. Unless they intended players to keep serving tables for over 20 minutes. Last night I did it for 30 minutes before I finally just stopped. If it isn't bugged for me and I just need to stay in there longer then I have no clue how long I'm supposed to stay in there carting plates of food around. It's a fun little game, but not really interesting enough to do for an extended period of time.

When I became the droid, there was nothing clickable for me. So I just rolled around lol. I love the story and the new setup is nice too.

Cooking Minigame

Yes.

Yes. Took me a second but it was fun.

Yes. Like the first one is easy second one is hard.

I liked the hard one after doing the easy one. I got a different challenge though. Glowshroom and Ultimate Galactic Sampler.

Yes. Looking forward to doing the easy then hard different dishes every day.

The ice crystals sometimes didn't click but it was fine.

I liked throwing the food lol.

Cantina Rush Minigame

Cantina rush I did not find very fun.

1) I picked up the story mission and it did not put me inside the banquet hall which was very confusing.

2) I picked up the hard mission and it was trying to go on infinitely even after I'd served many many many dishes lol. I eventually just forced failure to end it. Please have it give a better indication when you can be done serving.

3) The hard version did not feel hard.

Yes.

The bugs made it very unfun.

Prep Work Daily Missions

I did the ice crystal one. Was fine timing.

Couldn't find a group on pts.

The ice crystals mission was clear.

When I became the droid, there was nothing clickable for me. So I just rolled around lol. I love the story and the new setup is nice too.

Oh, by leaving I meant I had to try to go to a stronghold, lol. Sorry, I didn't word that clearly, my bad. when I attempted to go toa stronghold it just popped me out of droid mode but did not take me to a stronghold for some reason.

I did enjoy a few minutes of Cantina Dash, but it's not really something that appeals to me for longer than ten to fifteen minutes tops.

I enjoyed the cooking games and would like to see both of them included in the actual event. The first easy one is very useful in helping the player know where the on and off switches are, and how the game in general is meant to work. I viewed it as a kind of tutorial for the harder timed game.

I've not tried the gathering missions or anything else because I have limited time to play the game and didn't want to spend all of that time on the test server.

Cooking Minigame

Very fun, finding all the stuff was clear although the first time it obviously took a bit. Maybe add arrows on easy mode. I liked the hectic nature of it. Maybe add an even harder mode.

Cantina Rush Minigame

Kinda meh, maybe add some more flavour, something more to do like an overdrive where the guests are really really hungry and you have to use a speed boost on your quickbar but if you use it too often you explode or guests get too drunk and dance on the table and you have to stun them to calm them down.

Also add an Ootini jawa sound when you deliver the order to the jawas.

Oh and please in the name of the emperor add strafe to all of those transform into a droid things. Every self respecting MMO player unbinds those spin to win keys and replaces them with strafe. I get animation wise it can look weird though.

Prep Work Daily Missions

I like the fact that you reincentivise people doing world bosses again. I did not clear any bosses due to lack of players but the gather X quests seem to coincide with the world bosses pretty nicely, just be sure to add enough nodes or make them clickable by all without cooldown cause you can be 100% sure those worldbosses will be farmed by big groups. I'm also worried about respawn times on bosses but there is always that silver lining of making it special and making it an easy spamable thing to do.

Cooking Minigame

Yes

Objectives were clear

Yes, for a once a year fun event it felt like players new and old could complete their missions.

Both were enjoyable.

Yes, More variety is always preferred.

No, but the target area for the mouse-over text for some of the smaller items like the vinegar could be increased to make it clearer that it is an ingredient and not just part of the background detail.

I like that they were short, fun mini games. I think having more than one chance to play the mini game each day would be nice. The re-plays wouldn't need to give a big reward maybe just a few credits or a title for lots of play throughs over the event.

Cantina Rush Minigame

- Did you enjoy the Cantina Rush Minigame Missions?

Yes, with a caveat. I found that the mission was bugged for me every time I attempted it. I would enter the dining area, take command of the droid, but the mission would never finish. I could see that the counter in the kitchen was advancing however when it would hit 25 the mission would not complete.

I can not tell as the mission for me did not play correctly.

I liked the general concept of the mini game. The droid tends to hang up on objects like chairs and table corners without them being directly in it's path.

Prep Work Daily Missions

I have only tried one so far but the time to complete was about right. The item re-spawn was a good speed for the number of people on the test server but may need to be tweaked for large groups on the live server.

NA not enough people on when I could test.

Yes

Let us know your thoughts!

A few of my thoughts are:

The conversations with the Hutts need to be fixed. It is rude of them to turn their back to you while in conversation ;).

While I did see the event and weekly counters in the kitchen for the Cantina Rush Minigame It isn't obvious that it is there and could go to explain why people are complaining about having to work a real server's shift with no tips. Moving them to a more obvious place or adding a count to the mission like bonus missions have just to make sure everybody knows where they are in progress could help.

While I did enjoy the event I think adding a free play mode where you can re-play the minigames after getting your reward just to practice or as a race / challenge with friends would add to the re-play value of this event.

Finally got the Cantina Dash game to work properly. I was immediately put inside the banquet hall in droid mode and the game did not go on endlessly. It was fun, not too long, not too short. I have not tried the hard mode yet, but will do so soon. So far I'm enjoying the variety of activities that come with this event. It's likely something I will repeat each year, assuming there is a wide variety of prizes, rewards, etc. Without the prizes or a vendor selling goods it's difficult to say for sure how much time I'll actually put toward the event.

For example, I don't really care for the swoop races, but I'd do them if the vendors sold anything I was interested in buying (they don't, but to each their own). While I have found the games for Feast of Prosperity entertaining and different if the gain from those activities isn't interesting and varied I won't spend as much time repeating it.

Some things that I would enjoy seeing as prizes, or vendor items would be decos such as tables laden with food. Let me be specific though. I'm not talking about tables that look like the basic civilian table you can get from Felusia under piles of food. While you could certainly have some of those it would be nice to see something more opulent. This would go particularly well in Alderaan strongholds. The cooler, grill, serving droid from the dash game, and any number of other things would make great decos as well.

I'd also love to see some new rugs. The purple oval rug that's already listed in the decos but is unavailable in the game would be a fantastic option. A wide variety of decos in general will incentivize me to repeat this event.

More than one set of armor, mounts with both a machine and creature option. Weapons, perhaps even an event specific tuning that could be either earned or purchased. Again, I feel the need to be specific on this point. A tuning would be cool, but not something horrendous like a ronto grease tuning, lol. Greasy weapons in combat would be both gross and on an immersion level, insane.

Really, if there's a lot of variety in the items and prizes it will keep more people coming back to repeat missions.

I really did find the cooking mini-game to be quite enjoyable and fun/ reminded me of my old days working as a cook at a MacDonalds. learning ingredients and locating them was a little difficult but nothing to overall challenging. As far as the serving mini-game its all less fun as the cooking mini-game, but really does bring that role-playing aspect to life, overall, I enjoy this new experience and look forward to seeing it go live! keep up the great work!:)

The intro videos were buggy and showed me the backside of hutts, but I'm sure that's a known thing.

I tried Cantina Rush. I tried clumsily delivering food to tables.

It was so un-fun and so buggy that I just couldn't find it in me to test the rest of it.

I normally love doing PTS demos!

The only things that would interest me enough to slog through it would be:

* More labels for strongholds. Maybe some nice holiday-themed ones.

* Decorations. I'll do my least favorite content if it earns me good (especially interactive and multi-hook) decos.

Yeah, that's about it.

I'm concerned it'll be a hot, buggy mess. The Swoop Rally still has a lot of bugs...

Edited by Xina_LA

Ok, I've done two separate days on the PTS with the feast and I really enjoyed today's session. I've got a variety of opinions and requests, so I will try to break it up with spoiler tags. I'll answer the requested questions first and give my other thoughts after that.

Main Feedback Answers

Cooking

Cooking Minigame

• I feel the cooking mini-game is the most fun out of the three activities on PTS.
  • I understand the objectives but there needs to be a warning on the grill and stove that you need to stand back. Also, the seasoning step on the hard cooking needs to display the specified seasonings on the screen like other objectives instead of just showing up in the mission tracker. It's not visible enough.
  • The difficulty of the challenge dishes feels right. It would be nice to have more variety of ingredients though. Maybe have different instance possibilities like star fortresses.
  • I like both challenges but I am disappointed that I am limited on how many times I can do the mini-game. I wanted to be able to do both more.
  • Yes! Yes! Yes! I want to see both when this goes live.
  • No, but I would advise every player run around the kitchen and learn what is in the kitchen and where it is before they touch the stove or grill.
  • I guess I liked looking for the ingredients and presenting the dish to the head chef droid the most and putting stuff on the grill or in the pot the least. The range on the ingredient throw makes putting stuff in the pot and grill a pain in the rear.

Cantina Rush

Cantina Rush Minigame

• I like Cantina Rush well enough. I like it much better since speeding up the droid. That change alone made me go from hating the mini-game to being ok with it.
  • No hard mode seems sufficiently hard by the third course. It seems like once you goof up on the third course, there's no recovering. Also, I'd like to point out that there needs to be a more visual indicator of how many tables to go before the course is over and how many courses there are total.
  • I enjoy being able to chain dish deliveries but I hate losing time to having to turn around from the dishes to see what I need to grab and trying to move between the tables. It's a pain. So far, I consider 2 dishes to be the limit on reasonable amount of speed loss.

Prep Work

Prep Work Daily Missions

• I don't know because I only got the same mission twice. It wasn't bad.
  • I didn't attempt it. Grouping in this game is often a painful affair so I tend to avoid it. For the record, I started playing this game trying to group up but I eventually got tired of people wasting my time.
  • The mobs I had to hit to get the ingredients weren't abundantly clear at first but I figured it out.

Cantina Rush Additional Thoughts

• I really appreciate the addition of the mini games. I do combat missions because I have to but it's not really what I like to do in game.
  • Thank goodness for color coded dishes as it would be impossible to match dishes without those.
  • Please don't release this event without instructions on how to play the cantina rush before people start trying. It's frustrating to have people leave before you figure out what is going on. I was expecting one of those action bars like in the casino missions.
  • I like that I can leave the instance when I want.
  • I would like the mini game more if there was some kind of power up system. It would be cool if it had chaining bonuses like in games like Diner Dash. A little extra speed would be appreciated in course 3 of hard mode.
  • I would also like it if we could get the serving droid we pilot as a pet from the event.
  • The bonus mission for a perfect rush was a nice touch. It feels rewarding to get something for trying to play well rather than just survive the mission.

Cooking Additional Thoughts

• This is my favorite of the mini games. It reminds me of that KOTET chapter where you have to find things around the royal palace. :D
  • It would be nice if there were also levels of quality rather than just pass fail. Maybe it could be available on a medium difficulty.
  • Being able to fail at the hard mode is good. It means there is a reason to bother trying. However, I notice that it is possible to fail because the minigame is not telling you that you are too close to the target object. This could be frustrating for someone that doesn't like the minigame. I am at least content enough with it to keep trying.
  • I hope we can get a fez burba head chef droid as a event reward companion.
  • I really would like it if the mini games were available beyond the missions. Like how you could play pazaak throughout KOTOR. I would also like to see mini games available outside of events.
  • I'm not sure how it would work, but I want to have ways to troll the snipy head chef droid.... please? :D

Prep Work Additional Thoughts

• It's an ok mission, but I would like it if we could also have fetch-the-ingredient missions like the Mek-Sha Trade House mission to fetch vormfruit, or whatever the dantooine fruit is called. I would rather go hunting around existing planets for unique ingredient clickables. It would be nice if there were more than one ingredient per existing planet.

Feast of Prosperity Token Vendor

• Look at the baby Mudhorn! D'aww!
  • It's a nice start for the feast table decorations but I was hoping for a stove, a few variations on a table with place settings, and some of the foods we can display.
  • I love the idea of the disguise terminals even though I haven't seen the disguise yet.
  • I really love the idea of event tacticals! Can we get tacticals for the other events too please?
  • The feast attire is too buggy to fully see but it seems like a nice idea. Can we also get a version of the chestpiece without the food fairy wing harness?
  • The chef hat is a nice touch.
  • Food Launcher!!!!!! Food fight! :D Hopefully there is some way to prevent the particle effect for people who hate that sort of thing. While I'm on the subject, the food mess buff is visually unexpected. Leaves are sufficiently autumnal, but I was expecting dripping or crumbs from food.
  • I love the two posters. I want!
  • The regen toy is cool too. Food Zen.
  • I'm not sure what the overstuffed food sack is for.
  • I also like the titles. Can we also get titles that refer to being charitable, a good cook, and maybe a goofy title for failing one of the mini games?

Thoughts on Additional Rewards

• I want those hanging lamps next to Gaboorga as decorations, I also want the pedastals of food in front of him, as individual decorations.
  • Can we get the red C2 like serving droid as a pet? I could use a drink after some missions. XD
  • I also hope we can get the white and gold refreshments probe as a pet or decoration.
  • Some of the feast NPC outfits would make nice rewards. The token vendor has a nice outfit.
  • Players should be able to donate to the charity to get a flair, a weapon tuning, a high rolller kind of outfit, and a mount to show off how much money they can spend. However, to make it an effective credit sink, these would need to involve more than just a reskin.
  • Can we get the Mek-Sha decoration bundle decorations added to the Cartel Market individually, so we can buy similar table and bar decorations to those used in the event area?
  • Could we also get some personnel arrangements (groups of personnel with animations) made up of various feastgoer NPCs?

Other Miscellaneous Feedback

• Without the story missions it doesn't seem like there is much to do with the event. It seems like it's all done for the day rather quickly.
  • I would like to see lore clickables hidden around the event area on the promenade. It would also be nice to have some collection achievements/missions like the one on onderon where you collect all of those random items from around the planet and the mek-sha achievement where you have to find the complementary Mek-Sha meltdown.
  • Some element of exploration to the event would be nice. I would appreciate it if the event had little things to discover like clickables (things along the lines of the noodles in kaliyo's apartment), lore, hidden areas, unlockable merchants, unlockable quest givers.
  • I can see not adding to the number of mini game runs needed to complete the feast missions for the day, but as someone who prefers mini games to combat, it is disappointing that the mini-games are inaccessible so quickly. I would appreciate it if we could keep playing the mini games but only so many runs count towards the missions. I would also like to see the variety of mini games expanded in the future.
  • I hope there are lots of decorations for this event and that we don't end up being super limited by currency. It would be a shame for it to feel like Dantooine. I still haven't gotten most of the things I want from Dantooine.
  • I didn't ask how to donate money when talking to the hutts and now I have no way of figuring out how that works. However, it seems like there really should be a money donating element to this event.

Pictures of Things I Would Like to See Made Available as Rewards

Event Dish as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/ENhvkXx

Event Table and Customers as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/2Jkk5da

Event Rug Blue as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/6v8jEEn

Event Planter as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/lPNtxAO

Event Ceiling Light Blue as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/mLqqRFd

Event Hospitality Droid as a Pet

https://imgur.com/D9kBpPr

Event Dining Tables as Decorations

https://imgur.com/wiY2j1l

Table with Dish and Menu as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/4t8OrUK

Mini Food Pedestals as a Decoration 1

https://imgur.com/Js1Rowe

Mini Food Pedestals as a Decoration 2

https://imgur.com/BFJPjGj

Flash Freezer as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/wIReQXE

Event Plants as a Planter Arrangement Decoration

https://imgur.com/aLEZh8x

Event Ceiling Light Green as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/lpMf11E

Kitchen Cabinet as a Decoration 1

https://imgur.com/e1ZWRZR

Kitchen Cabinet as a Decoration 2

https://imgur.com/IQ9cShY

Event Grill as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/E3DA86c

Event Ceiling Light Fancy

https://imgur.com/lpE1Qow

Refreshment Probe as a Pet

https://imgur.com/C7h6tFL

Kitchen Stove as a Decoration

https://imgur.com/6KI9Yu0

Edited by Xo-Lara

As the poster above me said, if your going to have killing world bosses a part of this event, then Please reduce the respawn timer to like 5-10 minutes. With everyone going to be trying to do these we'll all be fighting over these. and the current respawn timer is way to long for that.

Edit: when I mean we'll be fighting over these I don't mean World PvP. I mean groups will be doing taunts to make the bosses evade on other groups so they can get the boss for themselves.

Edited by Toraak

100% agreed on the world boss respawn timers. If Ossus WBs were able to be adjusted to 5minutes, all of the planetary WBs should be no more than 15 minutes (especially during this event that lasts 3 weeks ONCE a year).

If not, things will be a griefing *****how.