Is It Worth Subscribing To SWTOR?

Pacram

Is It Worth Subscribing To SWTOR?

Every time I see that question, I immediately translate it in my head:

Is it worth paying the greens fee to go play golf Wednesday?

How about bowling league dues? That's fun, right?

The investment all depends on how much fun you plan to have, and like most other things in life, if you don't invest in them first to find out what you're missing, good luck living off other people's answers, because what they get out of the game might not be anything even close to what you want out of the game.

Pay. Find out. Don't like it? Stop.

Edited by xordevoreaux

no its not you don't get what you pay for at all it is no longer fun to play now like it was befor

I get what I pay for. I pay the subscription to be able to play without the non-sub restrictions, and yes, indeed, I can play without them, so I do get what I pay for.

I also wonder why you're still here if you think that it's no longer fun to play.

I get what I pay for. I pay the subscription to be able to play without the non-sub restrictions, and yes, indeed, I can play without them, so I do get what I pay for.

I also wonder why you're still here if you think that it's no longer fun to play.

Agreed, the moment this game no longer becomes fun there isn't much of a point to pay the subscription.

Hope you guys found the article to be enciteful. I personally believe it is worth it to subscribe, I wouldn't play as f2p or preffered

I do think it's well worth it for new players to sub for at least a month to experience the game unhindered and unlock preferred. It is also worth it for preferred players to use a friend's referral link to get the unlocks that provides. Beyond that it depends on what a player enjoys. A dedicated pvper or raider would definitely want to stay subscribed, but story players not so much. Given the slow place of new content releases, shortness of story and low repeatability, subbing for a month or two a year is a perfectly viable strategy. I dropped down to preferred for a short time and the only reason I re-upped was to get forum posting permission :o I have all of the unlocks, so my game play was barely impacted. However, most of the people I enjoy chatting with on the forums are quitting, so I'm not sure how much longer I'll stay sub'd this time.

I strongly disagree with this statement. "When we come to question the quality of the expansions they hold high, it isn't so much the production quality that has resulted in negative responses. As such as it is a severe deviation from the Traditional Star Wars tropes. Keep with me though, this is a Star Wars game and despite everything that has occurred over the questionable reign of ex Lead Developer Ben Irving things are getting better. Mid 2017 control was handed over to Keith Kanneg who has been slowly turning the game around, and so forth the quantity and quality provided when you subscribe."

People have been slamming the expansions for production quality. It is a running joke, but not really a joke, that every update adds more bugs than they fix. JUS was a disaster of epic proportions as far as bug were concerned and we are still waiting for many of them to be fixed. And as for story, again, more people are unhappy with mashing 8 characters into one, inconsistencies, plot holes, overused tropes and clumsy retconning than are unhappy with the less Star Warsy feel of newer stories.

Personally, I don't think anything has gotten better since Keith took over, but many things have gotten worse. Conquest changes killed my conquest guild. Story has been shoved to the sidelines where it is suffering greatly. Bugs are out of control. Gearing through Ossus dailies is far more hideous than GC ever was. All we have to cling to is a vague statement that this year will be the best ever and 6.0 will happen at some point.

This is subjective, since only subscribers can post in these threads, then your answer will be bias.

My bias opinion is: “Yes”, I personally believe it is worth it to subscribe to SWToR. I am thoroughly enjoying the game as a “Subscriber”.

But I think it is even more worth it to have been free-to-play, (and not spent any money on the game). Pound for pound, you get more content per dollar spent if you paid nothing into the game.

SWToR has a very generous amount of content for free to play players. You basically get 8 RPG stories to play through that has excellent voice acting at AAA game quality, for $0.00 a month.

I always like to compare the $15 per month subscription fee to the $15 or more you'd pay to watch Captain Marvel, or some other superhero dreck for only about 2 hours, or even much much more to watch Justin Beiber perform.

On a per hour basis, SWTOR (and other sub games) are very cheap.

It's worth pointing out that the subscribers keep the game in business for all the freeloaders. People who spend hours playing should realize they're getting enough value in the game to pony up a few bucks per month.

Want the team to put more into making the game even better? Subscribe.

Is it worth subscribing to Star Wars: The Old Republic, check out my article on https://www.myexpanse.net/articles/swtor-subscription-worth-it

I can tell you from a preofessional stand point of view that there is no such thing as F2P. Everyone always pays one way or another.

Subs are undeniably the very best value in managing your expenses in any MMO.

no its not you don't get what you pay for at all it is no longer fun to play now like it was befor

Its funny all the people that say they would not subscribe to SWToR.

BUT in order to post on these forums.....

You MUST be Subscribed.

So it would seem that everybody here is a Subscriber no matter what they say......

Edited by denavin

Speak for yourself. I get what I pay for, and most certainly am happier with the game as a subscriber.

To the OP, you really have to at least give it one or two months as a subscriber in order to decide for yourself if it will be worth it.

This is subjective, since only subscribers can post in these threads, then your answer will be bias.

Very valid point which makes one wonder about the negative reviews that have already been posted in this thread. Why would they still have a subscription if they don't enjoy this game? Are they secretly employed by competitors and paid to talk trash about this game?

It's worth pointing out that the subscribers keep the game in business for all the freeloaders. People who spend hours playing should realize they're getting enough value in the game to pony up a few bucks per month.

Want the team to put more into making the game even better? Subscribe.

Don't underestimate the importance of this. If the game becomes unprofitable due to not enough subscribers, or even not profitable enough, the game goes away. Those of us who have lost games we loved due to this know why we pay for our games. I have kept a constant subscription to this game for its entire run, even when I didn't even log in for months at a time, because I want it to still be here when I feel like playing it again, and I like it enough to do my part to keep it alive.

There have only been 3 games that have been able to keep my attention for more than a couple of months at a time; This one, WoW and City of Heroes/Villains.

One of those is no longer around, I try to do my part to keep the other two alive.

Yes and no. If you want to lay the original class stories, the game is worth it. If you have a group of friends that are raiding, sure. If you want an MMO that releases a good deal of content and decent story in new expansions and a good deal of end game content, nope. But the original class stories really are quite good.

I've been a constant sub since near the beginning, didn't quite make founder :(, but i've never let my sub lapse.

I've always enjoyed the game, although there are times it does get repetitive, but that's the same with most games.

Personally I think it's worth the sub. But that's just my 2 cents worth :)