So who really has Vodal Kresh's artifacts?

Quething

Not just a question about Athiss, actually, but about all the flashpoints and a few other major plots: who actually does them?

With most of the main storylines, both planet and class, you can put together a chronology that allows both to happen in canon. Pub Corellia and Imp Corellia work fine so long as Pub happens after Imp, etc etc. Taral V and Maelstrom clearly happen before Boarding Party and Foundry. Mostly, it all works.

But there are some plots that both sides get. Imps and Pubs both grab the artifacts of Vodal Kresh in Athiss. Imps and Pubs both reclaim the Alusis. Imps and Pubs both kill the false king of Alderaan. So at the end of the day when they obnoxiously take our characters away from us and invent eight canon white dudes to live out the stories we played in this game, which faction will be responsible for which wins?

These are my guesses:

Hammer Station: Republic

Athiss: Republic

Mandalorian Raiders: Empire

Cademimu: Republic

Colicoid War Games: no way to guess

Red Reaper: Republic (Darth Malgus appears after the flashpoint republic side kind of gives it away)

Directive VII: Republic

Battle of Ilum/ False Emperor: Empire

Rakghoul fun (Lost island and the other one): Republic

These are my guesses as far, i'd guess that the republic would destroy Hammer Station, lock up the artifacts in the jedi temple.

These are my guesses:

Hammer Station: Republic

Athiss: Republic

Mandalorian Raiders: Empire

Cademimu: Republic

Colicoid War Games: no way to guess

Red Reaper: Republic (Darth Malgus appears after the flashpoint republic side kind of gives it away)

Directive VII: Republic

Battle of Ilum/ False Emperor: Empire

Rakghoul fun (Lost island and the other one): Republic

These are my guesses as far, i'd guess that the republic would destroy Hammer Station, lock up the artifacts in the jedi temple.

*cough*biased*cough* ;)

I would say:

Hammer Station: Empire - I haven't played Rep side but at the end the Empire finds a transmission showing that it was a Republic weapon they though destroyed, seeing as Reps thought it was gone would make sense that the Empire got their first

Athiss: Republic - I agree, they are after all republic explorers, why would the Empire go looking for them? Also ties up the story as the Empire would use the artifacts whereas the Republic would lock them away.

Mandalorian Raiders: Empire - The Empire are allied with the Mandalorians, so it seems right that they would call on the Empire for help to stop these rogues, its an internal issue really.

Cademimu: Empire: Again, haven't played Republic but I know the planet leaves the Republic. The Republic wouldn't invade the planet, its against their principles of democracy. The Empire would see this as the perfect chance to snap up another planet in the Cold War, seems the most likely scenario. (Like on Alderaan)

Colicoid War Game: Agreed,you can't really tell. Both factions use colicoid weaponry.

Red Reaper: Empire: Again its an internal imperial issue, ties in with the whole backstabbing thing - also the station he takes over is Imperial, and a distress call is sent out by the Sith Lord in command of it before he is killed.

Directive 7: Could be either, a droid revolution poses a threat to both parties equally.

Battle of Illum/False Emperor: Not sure, you say Empire and I suppose it seems likely as it is an internal issue again and the characters are involved are Imperial. Malgus also plays a role in the Illum Imp storyline.

Rakghoul Missions: Republic - Haven't done these ones yet, but it just seems to fit. Seems more of a heroic mission where the Republic would come to the rescue. The Imps couldn't care less.

Lol, mines pretty biased too, but I haven't played Republic side so there might be info i don't know about.

*cough*biased*cough* ;)

I would say:

Hammer Station: Empire - I haven't played Rep side but at the end the Empire finds a transmission showing that it was a Republic weapon they though destroyed, seeing as Reps thought it was gone would make sense that the Empire got their first

Athiss: Republic - I agree, they are after all republic explorers, why would the Empire go looking for them? Also ties up the story as the Empire would use the artifacts whereas the Republic would lock them away.

Mandalorian Raiders: Empire - The Empire are allied with the Mandalorians, so it seems right that they would call on the Empire for help to stop these rogues, its an internal issue really.

Cademimu: Empire: Again, haven't played Republic but I know the planet leaves the Republic. The Republic wouldn't invade the planet, its against their principles of democracy. The Empire would see this as the perfect chance to snap up another planet in the Cold War, seems the most likely scenario. (Like on Alderaan)

Colicoid War Game: Agreed,you can't really tell. Both factions use colicoid weaponry.

Red Reaper: Empire: Again its an internal imperial issue, ties in with the whole backstabbing thing - also the station he takes over is Imperial, and a distress call is sent out by the Sith Lord in command of it before he is killed.

Directive 7: Could be either, a droid revolution poses a threat to both parties equally.

Battle of Illum/False Emperor: Not sure, you say Empire and I suppose it seems likely as it is an internal issue again and the characters are involved are Imperial. Malgus also plays a role in the Illum Imp storyline.

Rakghoul Missions: Republic - Haven't done these ones yet, but it just seems to fit. Seems more of a heroic mission where the Republic would come to the rescue. The Imps couldn't care less.

Lol, mines pretty biased too, but I haven't played Republic side so there might be info i don't know about.

Hammer Station - The Republic would find out its still there just like the Empire, they also have the whole "Hiding their Dirty Past" angle to be working.

Mandalorian Raiders - At the same time, the Mandalorians just stole a really important Republic Battle Cruiser. I bet the Republic would really want it back.

Cademimu - I don't think the Republic would allow, IIRC the "War Chest of the Outer Rim" to fall to Imperial hands. Way too strategic. At the same time, the Secession seemed based upon the (Corrupt) Governor unilaterally deciding to leave the Republic. Something the population didn't seem too happy about, that hardly seems Democratic. Also, look at the American Civil War for examples of Democratic Nations (the US) reacting to unilateral secessions (the CSA). I do think this is a hard to tell one, with my preference (not my opinion of who was more likely to do it) being the Republic gets it.

Red Reaper - I agree.

The Malgus FP's - He also does play a role in Republic Storylines on Ilum, but I do agree it would be something the Empire would handle.

For the record, I play a Sentinel, a Jugg, and an Operative.

Edited by Emperor-Norton

Canon outcomes of flashpoints haven't been established and probably never will. It will probably end up being "lost in history" and it will be up to player to determine his own canon.

That's what they said about the endings in Kotor 1 and 2, but lo and behold

I think Battle for Ilum/False Emperor is on the Empire's side because of what Malgus says right before the fight:

Empire - "Die, or defeat me! Either way, the Empire is reborn."

Republic - "I am the only one who can stop the self destruct sequence. Kill me, and your fleet is doomed."

From what was leaked of future storylines it seems Malgus was indeed successful in changeing the Empire. So sucessful that [spoiler: someone important] even abandons the Empire because of his traditional/racist views. So what Malgus says to the Imperials makes more sense.

For the others:

Hammer Station - doesn't make any difference, it is destroyed.

Athiss - not sure. It makes more sense that the Republic locks the artifacts away, but the LS/DS choice makes much more sense for the Empire.

Mandalorian Raiders - I could actually see the Empire using this ship in the future (in a novel, or something). So my bet is Empire.

Cademimu - For the Empire this planet would be a pretty important conquered world, I think. So I guess it's republic.

Colicoid War Games - I can't tell either.

Red Reaper - Wasn't Ikorel the master of Malgus' master? So for Malgus it would be something personal. On the other hand, it happens on Chandrilla, a Republic world IIRC. I'm not sure.

Edited by Maaruin

I don't think they'll ever say, except in the case of the Battle of Ilum/False Emperor. The others don't contain anything important enough to be referred to in future, except a possible reference to the end result in vague terms. They had to deal with the heroes of Kotor 1 and 2 in some way, saying what happened to them and talking them out of the picture or bringing them into the story. They'll have to deal with the events dealing with Malgus as well. Everything else can be personal canon. Edited by errant_knight