Efficient Conquest War Supply Crafting?

Hierodule

So I want to make infantry Supply kits. I can do this with grade 8&9 or grade 6&7 mats.

I also want to be running around in a daily area doing dailies while I do this.

Which means doing 8&9 won't work because there are no dailies on planets that give level 9 mats. (or am I missing something)

So is it true then that doing 6&7 mats are the best bet? And why are there so few nodes in the Black Hole (and zero scavenger monsters) And why no grade 10 War Supply items?

If you have sufficient credits or green Jawa tokens, you could buy the grade 9 materials and run Yavin etc. dailies for grade 8s. Or take a bit of time and visit the swamp on Zakuul, just for variety. (The heavy-beast mobs AND the nodes both drop grade 9s.)

Bear in mind that command crates drop green Jawa tokens reasonably often.

Also bear in mind that in common with most MMORPGs, grindy bits like Conquest crafting are *meant* to be slightly inconvenient.

So I want to make infantry Supply kits. I can do this with grade 8&9 or grade 6&7 mats.

I also want to be running around in a daily area doing dailies while I do this.

Which means doing 8&9 won't work because there are no dailies on planets that give level 9 mats. (or am I missing something)

So is it true then that doing 6&7 mats are the best bet? And why are there so few nodes in the Black Hole (and zero scavenger monsters) And why no grade 10 War Supply items?

To answer your last question first: one of the intentions of Conquest (and Strongholds) was to create new uses for the not top grade materials; Having a war supply schematic that uses top grade mats defeats that purpose.

Grades 8&9 are the most efficient means of crafting because the locales for farming are replete with nodes. That said, you are correct that there are no daily areas to "kill two birds..." for grade 9 materials. Therefore what I do is I run grade 9 missions and farm grade 8 nodes.

DO NOT buy Grade 8 and 9 with scraps! Those are easy to gather on Yavin, Zakuul and Darvannis. You'd be better off with buying grades 6 and 7 as those are harder to farm (err Makeb...). White 3rd mat required for assemblies is considerably cheaper for 6 and 7, compared to 8 and 9.

Apart from this, I'm running slicing lockbox missions of grades 6 and 7. Those will give back wealthy missions for all mats needed for War Supplies and Prefabs.

DO NOT buy Grade 8 and 9 with scraps! Those are easy to gather on Yavin, Zakuul and Darvannis. You'd be better off with buying grades 6 and 7 as those are harder to farm (err Makeb...). White 3rd mat required for assemblies is considerably cheaper for 6 and 7, compared to 8 and 9.

Apart from this, I'm running slicing lockbox missions of grades 6 and 7. Those will give back wealthy missions for all mats needed for War Supplies and Prefabs.

NEVER....NEVER...NEVER buy white mats unless you absolutely have to. Running the mission, even on a rank 1 companion, is cheaper than buying white mats grades 6 and up. i.e. buying grade 6 white mats is 400 credits each, even using a rank 1 companion to run the mission they will cost you 236 credits each; that's a 41% savings. And the saving only increases as you go up in grade because the mission cost does not go up nearly as steeply as the vendor pricing. Again with a rank 1 companion, grade 9 mats cost 332 credits each running the mission and 1200 each from the vendor or 78% less.

I have a character that has all three gathering skills and all she does is white mat missions for crafting conquest grades (6 through 9)

Fussy fussiness, much of the above (aside from questions of white mat prices) is no longer valid with 5.8.

I was about to write it myself but Steve beat me to it. Forget everything we said in this thread...

For those not aware, war supplies now cost 5 different grades of components to craft and at their old amounts to boot. So to craft a single war supply you need:

eight grade 2 or 3 components

six grade 4 or 5 components

four grade 6 or 7 components

and four of each grades 8 and 9 components.

BW,

Cut those values in half, and they might be worth crafting AND you will still deter excessive crafting for conquest.

If I saw correctly 2-4-6-8-9 is one type of WS, while 3-5-7-8-9 is another.

In my opinion, this is total crap, since getting all those mats is going to be a challenge. It was boring enough to farm rich locations, now imagine Makeb and lower... Not to mention that this system keeps out newer player and lower level out of conquest crafting, as well as reducing number of alts that participate. I cannot wait to hear their explanation of this, but if this is done to even the play field, it is done wrongly.

I'm not happy with this new crafting crap either. I don't have time to gather/craft so much. What were You thinking??? nvm, obviously You weren't thinking at all. Just driving away Players loyal for Years.

They were thinking that crafting was too much a part of conquest, and I understand that concern - heck we all took advantage of it. That was in fact the first change they made: back when conquest first launched repeatable war supply and invasion force goals were part of EVERY conquest and the points for doing so were outrageously good; guilds that wanted top ten HAD to do crafting, all other aspects of play could not touch crafting in points/time. So they made it so only a handful of conquest themes had repeatable crafting, and cut the points significantly.

But they realized - too late - that what they did was not enough, and so now they've taken a heavier nerf bat to crafting in conquest. But they went too far. IMO the five grades of components is an OK alteration, but it is the volume of those components and the lack of conquest points that makes crafting war supplies worthless; cut the number of components per grade in half and triple the points generated and it might be worth it.

*** were they Thinking?!!!

This new Crafting change is ridiculous!!! they may have wanted to reduce the ways that big guilds dominiated the Conquests but what they did was totally kill the ability for small guilds to gain points or open up their guild ships.

Case in point, mine is a small guild and yet on occasion because of hard work we would be above to craft our way on to the board and thus get encryptions by converting invasion forces to dark projects. it would take a few months of work but eventually we would craft the 250 dark projects to convert and open a new spot on the ship.

Now that they have made the war supplies insanely mat intensive we cant even do that.

on top of that , removing the repeatables to gain points .. IE WZ's flashpoint missions, those people who were able to use their ONE day off of their workweek to get their 4-5 toons to conquests now CANT GET ANY gosh darn POINTS because its a one time deal a freaking day.. Way to go *******es , you just further killed the fun and sense of accomplishment that small guilds at least had a small chance at getting.

ERIC AND DEV TEAM ... EAT A FAT ONE!!!!

Edited by IamPolaris

*** were they Thinking?!!!

This new Crafting change is ridiculous!!! they may have wanted to reduce the ways that big guilds dominiated the Conquests but what they did was totally kill the ability for small guilds to gain points or open up their guild ships.

Case in point, mine is a small guild and yet on occasion because of hard work we would be above to craft our way on to the board and thus get encryptions by converting invasion forces to dark projects. it would take a few months of work but eventually we would craft the 250 dark projects to convert and open a new spot on the ship.

Now that they have made the war supplies insanely mat intensive we cant even do that.

on top of that , removing the repeatables to gain points .. IE WZ's flashpoint missions, those people who were able to use their ONE day off of their workweek to get their 4-5 toons to conquests now CANT GET ANY gosh darn POINTS because its a one time deal a freaking day.. Way to go *******es , you just further killed the fun and sense of accomplishment that small guilds at least had a small chance at getting.

ERIC AND DEV TEAM ... EAT A FAT ONE!!!!

Let me make one thing abundantly clear: I AGREE with you; I DON'T LIKE what they did with conquest AT ALL!!! However...

Look at what they did with GC (short version): at launch it sucked, but over the course of several months they made it acceptable (debatable I know). They've done similar over-nerf and re-buff with "class balance". In my opinion, they should not make adjustments in this manner, but maybe this is their modus operandi now: nerf it into the ground, get feedback, and slowly bring it back to where a majority players find it acceptable. The primary flaw in this method is that they lose subscribers because of it...(tinfoil hat time) maybe that is what they want.

We have given feedback and they have responded. Let's see what they do going forward.

Let me make this clear.... I have been paying for my account since beta. I HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THIS GAME! I can not spend my life farming Mats to make only a small hand full of crafting supplies during Conquest. I can NOT dedicate my life to Ops Cheats. I refuse to play the same boring Flash Points over and over and over. I find NO enjoyment in killing other players. Conquest was the LAST thing I had keeping me interested in this game. As a loyal customer, who has devoted a good chunk of his life to this game, I hope that the developers realize that changing the difficulty of the crafting conquest reward system is a mistake. Otherwise I see myself moving on to other games since I no longer feel I am being adequately rewarded for my loyalty.

Sincerely,

Disappointed Fan. :mad:

@Darkgift You are not alone in this, we all feel more less the same way. Hopefully, Devs will listen (we know they won't learn anything, so expect similar scenario in the next big update) and adjust points or mats or something to be more accessible, specially for toons lower in level.

With this crafting conquest change, I think my (smaller) guild is pretty much dead in the water. And with it, a not-insignificant reason for me to even log in regularly. None of us is going to farm/buy all those formerly-useless mats to craft what we've crafted before for far fewer resources.

I'm not sure if there will be any more crafting conquests, as crafting has changed, at least for Relics of the Gree. Guess we'll find out as conquests start to appear, but I doubt there will be something like The Trade Emporium, at least not in a form we remember it.

Crafting for conquest just removes excess mats from the game. - Since a lot of people farm any node and salvageable mob they kill there are a lot of mats out there.

but it doesn't affect the prices on the GTN all that much, which are roughly 30-40 times what they were at launch. Its a way of getting frameworks to kit out your guild ship and have some fancy titles - but other than that it's the emperors new clothes. - rather vacuous timewasting to keep you subscribing.

IMHO