Fleet Passes and Cartel Coins

Archunter

In the description regarding fleet passes it says that subscribers will be given an option to purchase passes that bypass the usual cooldown with cartel coins. My question concerns those of us who already have the ability to purchase these passes via the security key vendor for 1000 in-game credits, will we still have this option or is it being removed/replaced with the cartel coins?

In the description regarding fleet passes it says that subscribers will be given an option to purchase passes that bypass the usual cooldown with cartel coins. My question concerns those of us who already have the ability to purchase these passes via the security key vendor for 1000 in-game credits, will we still have this option or is it being removed/replaced with the cartel coins?

I'm pretty sure they mean another item or just a removal of the cool down altogether, if you purchase it. I doubt they'll remove stuff from existing vendors just so that it can be added to the cartel shop.

• Dev Post
I asked Principal Lead Systems Designer Damion Schubert this question. He said that the Fleet Passes will still be available on the Security Key Vendor when the Cartel Market launches. As with anything, the contents of the vendor may be changed in the future, but we do want to have strong incentives to encourage subscribers to apply security measures to their accounts. Free-to-Play players won't be able to apply security keys to their accounts at the launch of the Cartel Market.

Allison, if I'm a subscriber now but I switch to a free-to-play plan, what will happen to my security key that I have already applied to my account?

It will probably be deactivated since your switching to a F2P account instead of the regular subscription account..

It will probably be deactivated since your switching to a F2P account instead of the regular subscription account..

Not necessarily. The option to apply one will not be available to F2P players at launch. That implies the option will be there at some point in the future.

I also can't see them forcibly removing keys that have already been purchased and applied after F2P goes live.

As with anything, the contents of the vendor may be changed in the future.

So, does that mean the CE vendor will finally see the updates we were promised but were never actually delivered?

Not taking a shot at you Allison, just wondering. :D

Edited by Valethar

Not necessarily. The option to apply one will not be available to F2P players at launch. That implies the option will be there at some point in the future.

I read it more as them not taking away a feature you already installed. If it's a hardware key, you actually had to buy it and so spent money on it.

They might.... might.... let free players add a security key at some later date, but I doubt it. Why would they?

They might.... might.... let free players add a security key at some later date, but I doubt it. Why would they?

Um, so they can keep their accounts secure? Why else are you applying two-factor authentication to your account?

I would like confirmation that I get to keep using my security key if I lapse to F2P. Anything else is crazy.