Level syncing to five levels above content level - is it like this everywhere?

Satanski

Just tried Nar Shaddaa and it was total faceroll with sorc downleveled from 27 to 26 - mobs were lvl 21. Khem is now officially immortal ;-)

How is it in other areas?

It'll essentially be the highest level you'd need on the planet.

And considering you keep your abilities and passives, you should have no issues on the planet.

That's why these nay-sayers crying end of the world are just out to hear themselves whine :)

Well Musco started H2+ Freinds of old which is a Dromund Kaas heroic and was downlevelled to level 18 DK is a 10-16 planet so the was only 2 levels over the planet level.

Nar Shadda is a 20-24 planet so 26 sounds about right.

Edited by Jedi_riches

It'll essentially be the highest level you'd need on the planet.

And considering you keep your abilities and passives, you should have no issues on the planet.

That's why these nay-sayers crying end of the world are just out to hear themselves whine :)

Looks like the complaints were valid to me. Just low enough level sync to aggro everything on the planet, not low enough to make content relevant. Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me.

What about bonus series quests/areas? Are they still in the game, and if yes, how does level syncing work there?

I kind of intend to take a drive around Alderaan or something first thing to check how that's handled. But it's still patching right this second so maybe someone else will be able to answer this before I can.

SNIP...

Or they realized it was a pointless change just so someone could say "Hey we changed " but didn't really do anything useful other than make a grind to get back what was also took away. Just a little added extra hurdle and with a credit cut.

Complaints are warranted given the situation.

I picked up 'personal challenge' on Dromund Kaas and I was surprised to find myself synced to level 18 versus level 11 mobs. I thought the idea was to make the old worlds just under par with the player? I expected to be synced to like level 12 or 13 and then later to level 18 when in the zone for 'friends of old'.

I understand that it's cheaper to level sync according to planet versus the zones within each planet, it's just very disappointing. What could have been a great feature has been implemented in a way that maintains a very boring experience. I imagine even completionist players leveling up will end up 7 or 8 levels above the planet for most of the planetary experience as well.

I hope that feedback may lead to a more fine tuned level sync experience in the future.

Looks like the complaints were valid to me. Just low enough level sync to aggro everything on the planet, not low enough to make content relevant. Sounds like the worst of both worlds to me.

Yeah the increased aggro AOE was not a welcome return when I was running dailies on CZ198 this afternoon. I still firmly believe that we should have the OPTION to turn off level sync unless we are doing a group finder OP\FP or grouping with someone outside of our level. An option would give everyone exactly the experience they want.

Personally I've been a fan of level sync for group finder ever since Kuat Drive Yards (and hoped it would be available to help out low level friends without creating a new toon) but there are times where I want to simply go back to a planet, knock out my objective and leave as quickly as possible without aggroing every womp rat in a 50 meter radius such as doing the dread seeds quest line that takes us back to Tattooine, Alderaan etc..

Does the Sync include flashpoints? I like running these solo/with companion for the storylines. :rak_02:

Yes, but there's also solo mode for those now too so overall the group finder, FP, OP section looks solid to me. Overall I'm a big fan of 4.0. I'm apprehensive about the crafting changes but I haven't tried it yet to see if my fears are founded or unfounded.

If anyone's still curious and hasn't checked for themselves out, it looks like bonus series areas have been scaled down to the regular planet level. (After cycling through 18 characters on a server to sort out their companion gear (and finding that only 3 of them still have their ship droid) I finally got around to checking out Alderaan like I had said I was going to. Level sync was to 34, and everything in the formerly level 40 or so area was set at 34.)

Edit: Tatooine level sync is to 30, and enemies in its dread seed area are now set at 30.

Edit2: To clarify another point that had been in question, I just started a bounty on Dromund Kaas. Level 18 sync, level 18 spawns.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

See, this person knows how to drive his speeder and adapt to the situation.

Oh huzzah. Even more of the magical invisible mobs that aggro, despite not having loaded when I drove though, to waste time. (Glad to know "dropping APAC servers will improve your gameplay" somehow became a bigger crock of **** than it was at the time)

Ord Mantell syncs to level 12, so my 60 Gunnery Commando is still able to roflstomp the mobs on the savrip island.

OK, she can't flatten them with the basic attack anymore, but she can go to the planet, pick up the H2+ quests (Hey! Where's Travi Potts, anyway? Did they finally rescue her? And the humour coefficient of this game has gone down now that Gizmel Gam lives inside a terminal in the spaceport.) and get the 15 commendation crystals. Um, what? I thought it was 9. Yes, it was 9. Now it's 15.

And enough experience between the mobs and the quests to get 38% of the way from 60 to 61. (Wow.)

Ord Mantell syncs to level 12, so my 60 Gunnery Commando is still able to roflstomp the mobs on the savrip island.

OK, she can't flatten them with the basic attack anymore, but she can go to the planet, pick up the H2+ quests (Hey! Where's Travi Potts, anyway? Did they finally rescue her? And the humour coefficient of this game has gone down now that Gizmel Gam lives inside a terminal in the spaceport.) and get the 15 commendation crystals. Um, what? I thought it was 9. Yes, it was 9. Now it's 15.

And enough experience between the mobs and the quests to get 38% of the way from 60 to 61. (Wow.)

It would be cool if they condensed levels so theres only 20 or below, so whole planet is 1 level, 2 at most.

Tython = lvl1

Coruscant= lvl2

Taris=lvl3

Edited by Mikahrtwo

Just tried Nar Shaddaa and it was total faceroll with sorc downleveled from 27 to 26 - mobs were lvl 21. Khem is now officially immortal ;-)

How is it in other areas?

Level 48 on voss, highest npc's are level 48.