Are there any main hand weapons?

danielevitt

Hello everyone. I am new to this game and I was wondering where can you obtain main hand weapons? Most commendation vendors they only have offhand weapons. I find this annoying since you can have a nice offhand but not a nice main hand weapon. I have searched every vendor on the fleet and I can only see off hand weapons. I am thinking of leveling a Juggernaut, but I can't find any main hand weapons in any vendor or am I looking wrong? Thank you everyone for your time and for reading this.

Take care!

Hello everyone. I am new to this game and I was wondering where can you obtain main hand weapons? Most commendation vendors they only have offhand weapons. I find this annoying since you can have a nice offhand but not a nice main hand weapon. I have searched every vendor on the fleet and I can only see off hand weapons. I am thinking of leveling a Juggernaut, but I can't find any main hand weapons in any vendor or am I looking wrong? Thank you everyone for your time and for reading this.

You are not looking at all the vendors. I can't tell from memory which ones have main-hand sabers. But every character early on gets a moddable weapon, so it's never a problem in any event.

You are not looking at all the vendors. I can't tell from memory which ones have main-hand sabers. But every character early on gets a moddable weapon, so it's never a problem in any event.

Care to explain? I have looked at all the vendors and it seems the classes that require 2 weapons get screwed over because there are only off hands to buy. Also how do mods work? Is it expensive? I never understood how modded weapons work. I would love some more information since no offense you didn't explain yourself too well. Thanks though for replying.

Edited by danielevitt
Spelling corrections

Care to explain? I have looked at all the vendors and it seems the classes that require 2 weapons get screwed over because there are only off hands to buy. Also how do mods work? Is it expensive? I never understood how modded weapons work. I would love some more information since no offense you didn't explain yourself too well. Thanks though for replying.

Orange weapons and some purple ones have mods in them. For example a lightsaber will have a hilt, mod and enhancement and even an augment is possible. But for leveling you need the first 3 only.

This mods can be taken out or replaced with higher level mods, hilts and enhancements that you can get with planetary commendations or crafting for example. It means you can keep your weapon and upgrade it easily with a small number of planetary commendations. Hope that helps :)

If your advanced class requires two weapons, you get a bag in your inventory with the offhand moddable weapon when you choose the advanced class. You should have gotten your mainhand moddable weapon from doing your class quests.

Orange weapons and some purple ones have mods in them. For example a lightsaber will have a hilt, mod and enhancement and even an augment is possible. But for leveling you need the first 3 only.

This mods can be taken out or replaced with higher level mods, hilts and enhancements that you can get with planetary commendations or crafting for example. It means you can keep your weapon and upgrade it easily with a small number of planetary commendations. Hope that helps :)

Hey thank you for this. That sort of helped. I was wondering don't weapons that drop from flashpoints have stats on them and then you can add more stats on them? Like most weapons that are dropped come with mods and stats. I have seen weapons like the one you were talking about with no stats on them and just mods. How would mods make these weapons just as good if the weapons that drop from flash points have stats and mods on them. Or am I totally lost and confused?

You have clearly not looked at all the vendors on the fleet. Go look at all the planetary vendors on the fleet. If you are not on the fleet, get to the fleet.

If you don't understand someone's clear directions, the miscommunication is on you, not them.

what level is your character? usually when you finish your intro planet and select your advanced class - you are given a backpack with appropriate weapons in it. look through your inventory for it, click it open - voila, moddable weapon.

now, how to upgrader that weapon. there are components "mod" "armoring" "hilt" barrel" enhancement" that you can slot into your orange weapons and armor to make them better. your weapon in a backpack will come with those already installed, but as you continue leveling, you can upgrade them and make them more powerful. these mods can be purchased either from planetary vendors for planetary commendations, from vendors with credits (though I don't recommend that) or on GTN, crafted by other players. some of the crafting crew skills you can learn - will give you an ability to craft your own mods.

I think that about covers it for an overview

edited to add.

2 things. if you get a flashpoint drop with better mods, but don't like its appearance - you can pull those mods out and add them to the shell of your choice.

blue mods from planetary vendors (or crafted ones) are just as good (and sometimes better) then what you can get to drop in flashpoints.

Edited by Jeweledleah

For example my marauder is only level 28. I must of missed something since I am a noob. I go to the vendors on the fleet and I went to buy 2 weapons for Vette, but they did not both equip on her since they were both off hand weapons. I then sold the weapon to get my commendations back, and then I searched all the vendors and couldn't find a main hand weapon with cunning on it for her. I seriously believe I looked right since all I see is offhand weapons.

word of advice (found that out the hard way)

don't buy actual weapons or armor from commendation vendors, unless you like their appearance.

by level 28, if you've been questing on the planet,s you should have gotten at least one gun upgrade specifically for vette. those green quest reward guns your companions get? are also moddable.

usually weapon costs 14 commendations. bought separately - hilt is 7, mod and enhancement are 2 each. 3 commendations cheaper. 3 commendations you can use to start upgrading another piece.

also - I'm fairly sure that there's a vendor on Tatooine that sells main hand orange weapons for credits. personally, i just either use moddable greens companions are given (or sometimes come with) or just get a cheap orange shell on GTN and mod it.

Edited by Jeweledleah

Not all planetary comm vendor sell every piece of gear. I know Nar Shadaa sells off hands because that where I buy all my companions off hand. Kass sells main hand but not sure what the next planet That sells one is. In PvP area (combat) there is a vendor that sell main hand weapons one. These are geared towards character vs companion.

As people said just upgrade cheap moddable weapons vs buying them.

everybody gets a modeable main hand weapon through ur missions usually around lvl 10 before u leave ur starting planet. when u choose ur advanced class if it is a dual wielding class u get a box with an offhand modeable weapon. pvp vendor sells modeable main hand weps. u can buy on the gtn usually very cheap if u dont care what it looks like. plus there are a ton of missions of all lvls that give modeable weapons. look it up on dulfy.net for a list of missions and the rewards they offer.

i hope this helps

Off the top of ,y head and I'm sure I am missing one or more but Drummond Kaas/Coruscant comm vendors and Tatooine weapons vendor. I am fairly certain Voss also but not 100% on that one, so OP you aren't looking at all of them or you are over looking them in the list or something.

Edited by Hyfy

For example my marauder is only level 28. I must of missed something since I am a noob. I go to the vendors on the fleet and I went to buy 2 weapons for Vette, but they did not both equip on her since they were both off hand weapons. I then sold the weapon to get my commendations back, and then I searched all the vendors and couldn't find a main hand weapon with cunning on it for her. I seriously believe I looked right since all I see is offhand weapons.

Again, you did not look hard enough. You can keep insisting you are right and everyone else is wrong if it makes you feel better, however.

Look up the following planetary comm vendors on fleet for what you are looking for.

Main Hand

- Coruscant ® / Drommund Kaas (E)

- Balmorra ® / Taris (E)

- Voss

Off Hand

- Nar Shadda

- Belsavis

- Corellia

You all mentioned hilt, mods, enhancements, and augs, but forgot to mention that color crystals can be upgraded too. Granted, it is easy to forget them since they added the level 10 color crystals in the cartel packs.

You all mentioned hilt, mods, enhancements, and augs, but forgot to mention that color crystals can be upgraded too. Granted, it is easy to forget them since they added the level 10 color crystals in the cartel packs.

AFAIK, the only places to get upgraded crystals are the GTN, the CM and weapon drops (or Artifice them yourself).

Edited by branmakmuffin

also - I'm fairly sure that there's a vendor on Tatooine that sells main hand orange weapons for credits. personally, i just either use moddable greens companions are given (or sometimes come with) or just get a cheap orange shell on GTN and mod it.

This is actually what i do on most of my toons so that i can save myself the cost of 11-22 comms from upgrading the weapon slots, and i can use the comms to upgrade the rest of my stuff. Credits arent an issue for me though so i can afford to buy 3-4 moddable weapons from that Tat vendor for 11800 each. Come to think of it, even on my fresh toons that get no credits sent from my mains i will still get those moddable weapons, if not for me and my comp, then just for me. Another thing about some of the melee weapons from this vendor is that they have dark II or light II requirements. It should just be the lightsabers, i know the blaster pistols dont have the requirement and the vibro weapons dont have it either.

Edited by swtonewbie

I can tell you for a fact the Dromund Kaas planetary equipment vendor sells orange main hands.

Not only that but there are two separate vendors on DK and Coruscant. On DK to the left just before you leave the starport is a vendor that sells level 14 (IIRC) weapons and the main comms vendor in town there sells the level 16 weapons