Broadsword, Please Make the Crest of the Dread Master Legacy Bound

Cypherz

Pretty please? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has one or two of these things sitting on characters you either no longer play or on classes it makes little sense on aesthetically like a BH or an Agent.

Edited by Cypherz
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
Pretty please? I'm sure I'm not the only one that has one or two of these things sitting on characters you either no longer play or on classes it makes little sense on aesthetically like a BH or an Agent.

I skipt this anything that forces groups should be patched out or fixed allowing solo missions.

I skipt this anything that forces groups should be patched out or fixed allowing solo missions.

The whole point of the crest/title is that it's more or less a symbol of pride for coordinated groups that were able to beat it, at least it was when I did it a couple years back. Just due to its current nature I can tell you with utmost confidence that it will never be solo content. That would kind of defeat the purpose of the boss encounter(s). Last I checked this game is still considered an MMO, with varying demographics of people playing it. There eventually comes a point where they have to stop catering solely to the solo-story mode casuals.

Agreed, All of the Dread Mask and items should be legacy bound.

Yep, it'd be nice to take the dread guard corrupted mask from Dreadtooth and use it on more than one character to do the dreadful and hateful entities (I think it's only necessary on dreadful entity). Frankly any rare drop like Dread Guard's corrupted mask, Crest of the Dread Masters, or even something as mundane as Karaggas hat should be legacy bound like the Corruptor Blade currently is.

• 2 years later...
It's not as easy as making it legacy bound this item is also limited to 1 per character so more code need to be changed I don't agree the casual players asking for this need to understand these things are a reward for a kill that can be rough for some to kill. if you want this legacy why no ask also for Wings, Dreadful rancor, Titan 6, helix hyperpod and all other end game mounts account wide it will never happen nore should it .

• 4 weeks later...
It's not as easy as making it legacy bound this item is also limited to 1 per character so more code need to be changed I don't agree the casual players asking for this need to understand these things are a reward for a kill that can be rough for some to kill. if you want this legacy why no ask also for Wings, Dreadful rancor, Titan 6, helix hyperpod and all other end game mounts account wide it will never happen nore should it .

Pretty sure that due to the difficulty of the boss fight, if someone owns a Crest of the Dread Master (Or multiple), they aren't a casual player. Unless they're one of those people willing to fork over hundreds of millions to a raid guild to carry them through it. In which case more power to them. I'm not asking for the mask to be given an easier means of acquiring it, I simply want to use it on other characters, because appearance-wise it makes zero sense on a non-force user class like an Agent/Trooper/BH/Smuggler

As a personal anecdote I also own all the mounts you listed and I personally couldn't care less if they're account unlocks or not; many of them have similar mounts available through other means with the exception of the wings.

And yes, I am absolutely shamelessly bumping my 2 year old thread :tran_cool:

I[...] if you want this legacy why no ask also for Wings, Dreadful rancor, Titan 6, helix hyperpod and all other end game mounts account wide it will never happen nore should it .

unlike any of those other things mentioned, it is a piece of wearable gear, and it has a game effect.... achievement items with game effects should be legacy wide... this goes for the dread guard mask and similar items too.

as for the prestige mounts? meh why not have a collections unlock for them? who cares if you zip around on one toon or another with it? oh wait, I know,... the people robbing whales blind to be carried.... TBH I care for neither group.

• 2 weeks later...

...and what difference would it make if it were Legacy bound? It's not like they solo'd something to get it, thus offending your delicate sensibilities, right? They pulled it in a group, that did the kill. While you're breaking your arm patting yourself on the back, maybe consider the item is bound to character, and so the only way they can have one to pass to their legacy is if they actually ran the content as is, and got the drop. Mind boggling, isn't it?

I don't agree the casual players asking for this need to understand these things are a reward for a kill that can be rough for some to kill.

I'm a filthy casual player. I was also the one of the last two players standing in our guild group that cleared this, most of the players in the group being fairly seasoned raiders. I take zero issue with this being an account wide item or unlock via collections, neither do I take issue with the mounts being an account wide item or unlock via collections.

If a player has earned it, however that may be including being "carried" or paying to be "carried", the point is they participated in that harder content and cleared it. There isn't really a "oh well they didn't really try" or a "oh they carried the whole group" achievement for these, it's cleared or not.

I really do think that it wouldn't detract from any achievement gained by allowing these items to be used on alternate characters, however it was earned.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm gonna push this to the top again. BioWare already made more than the most armor pieces legacy wide so it seems its the perfect time to make the Dread Mask from the Section X Worldboss and the Dread Master Mask from the Entity legacy wide too. Arguments to do this can be found all over this thread.

Also @BioWare:

I would suggest to give us the opportunity to get a hold over a broader variety of these Masks, maybe via the CM if there is no other possibility. I'm sure people would be glad to buy other forms of these Masks (Bestias or Raptus' Mask for example) too.

Edited by Jesseriah

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I would suggest that the Crest is meant as a reward for completing the OP, and acts as sort of a "badge of honour" to indicate your successful completion of the OP.

It bad enough that it's meaning gets devalued by people paying to get carried through the OP. It becomes even more meaningless when any level 1 newby can wear it. 🙄

I would suggest that the Crest is meant as a reward for completing the OP, and acts as sort of a "badge of honour" to indicate your successful completion of the OP.

It bad enough that it's meaning gets devalued by people paying to get carried through the OP. It becomes even more meaningless when any level 1 newby can wear it. 🙄

It doesn't. The fact that someone owns one means they went through the ordeal of getting it; and by that, killing the boss in the 16m NiM and getting the drop. No level 1 newbie would ever wear this; someone that already owns it should have the right to have it on any other character.

• 2 years later...

You thought I had forgotten?  Never.  Still want this 👆

Edited the OP title to reflect the change in developers since I made the thread 🤘

Edited by Cypherz

• Cypherz changed the title to Broadsword, Please Make the Crest of the Dread Master Legacy Bound