Server population is dropping...

Miffy

If you read the community new article, I think you will find that what Bioware is proposing will consolidate servers. I think those on dead servers that transfer, for free, will find themselves in a much better community situation with pvp pops and everything.

For me, losing my characters when I transferred to a higher population server was a big deal. If I had the option of waiting a week to get a population fix I would have gladly waited. Obviously, I did not have that option and had to weigh access to content and community against sacrificing all of the progress I had made. Your asking people to give up on their progress for no real gain.

I am not asking anyone to do anything. I am suggesting if players are interested in playing with other folks they should reroll: that is all. Once again, in an MMO progress means nothing if you have no one to play with.

If these transfers that are coming "soon" move the current active populations of all of the NA servers from the ~80 down to 20 that may indeed fix the issue.

Nothing would make me happier than to go back to my main and continue playing that char, but I refuse to play on a dead server.

I am offering advice, not demanding anyone follow my lead. My experience has been that I have started to enjoy the game again. Why? Because I have folks to play with again.

If you are not interested in losing your progress, feel free to stay where you are. I could give two rats about progress since my home server is toast.

Edited by Evironrage

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2500 x 200 is 500,000 (2400 x 200 is 480,000)

I mean, we'll see. I just think a ton of people are still subbed and waiting for transfers. No number would really surprise me at this point. But really, this is Star Wars, you could poop in a box, call it "Bantha Poodoo" slap a Star Wars label on it and it would sell.

My numbers are US only.......and again,,,this assumes that 100 different people log in every hour

If these transfers that are coming "soon" move the current active populations of all of the NA servers from the ~80 down to 20 that may indeed fix the issue.

If I understand what you're suggesting, I believe this is going to happen starting Tuesday. I guess we will see.

My numbers are US only.......and again,,,this assumes that 100 different people log in every hour

Well they don't count US only when it comes to subs. When they just announced 1.3 million world-wide, it was including everyone. If you want US only numbers, you might not be too far off with 300k.

Also, you are mistaken about having 100 people log in around the clock. That's not how it works. You are assuming people who have time left and/or are subbed are still active and log in every day. 7 Different people could log in 1 different day a week only, and while their effect on the server population is only 1, that's still seven subscriptions.

• 4 weeks later...

I came here with roughly 50 to 70 friends and acquaintances, all of which were Star Wars fans and MMO players... I'm the only one with play-time remaining. They all quit MMO's or went to the SWG-EMU.

I play because I'm a KotOR fan, and I hope this game can one day become a valid continuation of that Legacy, at this moment in time is most certainly is not.

I need Character customisation, Player housing, world PVP, mini games, and valid crafting and economy before I renew a subscription here.

I came here with roughly 50 to 70 friends and acquaintances, all of which were Star Wars fans and MMO players... I'm the only one with play-time remaining. They all quit MMO's or went to the SWG-EMU.

I play because I'm a KotOR fan, and I hope this game can one day become a valid continuation of that Legacy, at this moment in time is most certainly is not.

I need Character customisation, Player housing, world PVP, mini games, and valid crafting and economy before I renew a subscription here.

why did you have to up this thread again.. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO UP THIS THREAD AGAIN TO BRING IT TO THE FIRST PAGE!? It's just going to feed the trolls and they will now think server population is dropping and go all crazy on the game. whyyyyy did youuu doo thiiss :(

why did you have to up this thread again.. WHY DID YOU HAVE TO UP THIS THREAD AGAIN TO BRING IT TO THE FIRST PAGE!? It's just going to feed the trolls and they will now think server population is dropping and go all crazy on the game. whyyyyy did youuu doo thiiss :(

o...k... I googled "Why do I hate the game I Want to love" and this thread came up, it wasn't until I'd posted that I noticed how long ago the last post was... I did not search through hundreds of threads just to invite the trolls.

Hello all,

Since transfers came out last month, we feel this thread has run its course. We are going to go ahead and close it to prevent any more confusion.

If you do wish to know about server transfers, or to discuss them, please feel free to do so in the ongoing thread: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=477344

Edited by Aurrelio