Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please no more Warcraft terms.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > New Player Help
Please no more Warcraft terms.

crazyplaya
03.23.2012 , 01:55 AM | #161
Quote: Originally Posted by wardrich View Post
I think it's the case that the OP's first MMO was WOW. Those terms have been around a lot longer than WOW.
this is true i think. I have noticed tho that OP have not answered to this thread now for a long time... it keeps going only on other posts... I get the feeling that he have accepted his defeat
Do or do not! there is no try!

DarthNevox
03.23.2012 , 02:17 AM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Onager View Post
In MMO vernacular, a Pet is an NPC that aids you in combat, either by helping you do damage or by tanking for you. Companions ARE pets in this regard.

Mouse droids are Vanity Pets or Noncombat pets. Difference.

Also, Gunnery Commandos and Arsenal Mercs are the MMO definition of a spellcaster, gun or not. They're ranged, they have a mix of instants, channels, and cast-time spells, they're a spellcaster.

Crowd Control abilities aren't stuns. Stuns are a form of Crowd Control, but most of the time CC is a designation for long-form crowd control used as a pacification tool to remove a mob entirely from combat for a lengthy period of time. Another word used commonly for this is Mez, for the Mesmerize spell employed in Everquest.

Bringing a dead player back to life is a Rez, short for Resurrection, another old spell name.

Nobody cares if you don't like these or not, or how accurate you think they are. Applying real world logic to MMO Jargon doesn't matter.

Without a doubt, the BEST response in this entire thread!! As far as CC goes...Look at it like the difference between Jacuzzi's(Stun) vs hot tubs(Crowd Control). ALL Jacuzzi's are hot tubs, but not all Hot tubs are Jacuzzi's! CC is generally termed for ALL abilities that take an enemy out of consideration.....if only temporarily.
General Ka D'Argo: THAT is your plan? To hit him with a rock, when they have these, like, shield things?

CommanderFrog
03.23.2012 , 02:18 AM | #163
Not WoW terms, these are MMO terms, RPG terms, or even just plain gaming terms in general. Not WoW terms.
Quote: Originally Posted by battlebug View Post
can you make sword in box light sword so sword come out when opened? then if sword is back after sword, use light saber on box, and saber will be boxed after sword is out.
. Never forget

haliy
03.23.2012 , 02:36 AM | #164
beating a dead horse here having this thread continue. I think the OP realizes we made our point.
MOSAIC - JEDI COVENANT
Guild Website
Haliy - 55 Sentinel ~ Windigo - 55 Shadow ~ Kája - 55 Sage
Vindeta - 55 Commando ~ Snapshote - 55 Operative