Broken slicing nodes not fixed in 1.1?

Flackbash

The nodes are not broken, in fact they work fine.... the catch is that someone looted that node when they had a full inventory OR looted it and moved before actually picking it up. Due to the way the loot rules work in the game that node will only be gatherable by that person until the next time the server is rebooted.

If you want to try this, find a node you can gather and tag it but don't collect the item. Come back in a few days and you will find that you are able to loot that node without having to go through the collection sequence. During this time others will see the node on the map but not receive the "gather cursor" when mousing over the item. The issue is not with the nodes but the players not paying attention to the nodes they are gathering and their own inventory being full.

I actually agree. On my slicing character, I find that the slicing nodes tend to be harder to get to - often hidden around champions/heroic areas. It's extra disappointing to find one that is unusuable after killing a few elites.

I agree with a short time - have a node despawn 5 minutes after being looted. No reason to keep it around longer than that.

I'd prefer they just change it to once the object is mined, it's opened to anyone for looting. Not tagged only for the miner or a member of his group.

We already know they made it availabe to be looted by group members by design:

"•Players can no longer loot harvesting nodes they do not have the appropriate Crew Skill for after a group member harvests (but does not loot) a node."

I'd prefer to loose a few nodes because I was too fast or got interupted by a mob as opposed to getting to a node and finding it's locked out.

Edited by Jerid

The nodes are not broken, in fact they work fine.... the catch is that someone looted that node when they had a full inventory OR looted it and moved before actually picking it up. Due to the way the loot rules work in the game that node will only be gatherable by that person until the next time the server is rebooted.

If you want to try this, find a node you can gather and tag it but don't collect the item. Come back in a few days and you will find that you are able to loot that node without having to go through the collection sequence. During this time others will see the node on the map but not receive the "gather cursor" when mousing over the item. The issue is not with the nodes but the players not paying attention to the nodes they are gathering and their own inventory being full.

So technically they are kinda broken because if the person doesn't loot it, then it should only hang around for 1min or 2 and then de-spawn but it doesn't. And that is what is fing annoying.