RP instance

floods_of_war

Hi,

Is it possible to create an open instance for roleplay ?

I mean, there is a PvE instance and there is PvP instance, so why not a RP instance ?

Because there are a lot of area that could be very interesting, but we are not able to go in because we can't be more than 4.

So we would like an instance where we can go everywhere (like flashpoint, raids, war zone, etc)

And where all bots are neutral, so we will be able to choose if they are ennemies or friends.

And no quest, no loot, so people who don't do roleplay will be able to do their job in their instance, and we won't be a kind of problem for them.

(Sorry for my english, I'm french but it's only there where people read ;) )

Edit : The most important thing is that we would like to go everywhere with being limited by a group of 4 or something like that.

Edited by floods_of_war

This idea seems to me quite interesting.

On the one hand to release the instances of the players considered as inactive on the plane Pve and Jcj and on the other hand to offer this community of player Rp the ability to play in a free instance of any movement without any impact on others players.

I agree.

People have the possibility to switch from PvE to PvP when they want, but SWTOR also offers lot of RP.

Giving the opportunity to the players to have more open spaces to RP would probably be one of the best thing that could happen to the game.

We need that. Really.

I have to agree that an RP instance would be useful. I don't do it *at*all* (the very idea bores me several thousand parsecs beyond tears, but that's just me), but it would have the added benefit for me of allowing the RPers to not be doing their thing where I'm going. I'm quite sure they don't want to see people riding speeders through the middle of their cantina RP, but if I have to cross the cantina, I'm disinclined to slow down *just* to suit them.

(Hint, guys: the Slippery Slopes Cantina on the Lower Promenade on Nar Shaddaa is a questing area. You do your RP in a questing area, you expect people to quest through your group.)

I'd add just one thing: the RP instance should not have any way to farm materials (no piles of scrap metal, weird crystals, abandoned supercomputers, strange plants and fungi, etc. and no heavy droids or beasts), nor world bosses.

Can you not just pretend there is and poof. You are now roleplaying?

Of course. That is what people have to do now. They want to be away from most of the people who will bother them, and they want to be able to go to a place that suits the day's RP without having to worry about whether they are in a questing area.

My general rules on RPers are that:

* I won't go out of my way to bother them if they aren't in my way.

* I won't go out of my way to avoid them if they are RPing on a path that I'm following.

* I especially won't try to avoid them if they are in the same area where my character is questing.

The last is important. If I have a mission to go to an area and mend what's broken, break what's mended, fill what's empty, empty what's full, kill what's alive and ressurrect what's dead, and there are RPers there, I'll just get on with my mission as if they are *just* standing around, or, indeed, as if they are green-name or no-name NPCs. An RP instance will allow them to get away from all that.

On Satele you could just use the pvp instance, there is literally no one in there.

That's not enough :) because by using pvp instance we are still not able to use area like heroic, flashpoint etc, because we can't be more than four. That's why we would like a Rp instance which would be an open world.

What you are saying is that people who don't do RP are the "problem" or we are (I don't know) but that's probaly the last problem for us :) we just would like to use all area in this game. And then, if it's possible to do it without people killing our ennemies or friends by doing their quests, that can be cool too ^^

The last is important. If I have a mission to go to an area and mend what's broken, break what's mended, fill what's empty, empty what's full, kill what's alive and ressurrect what's dead, and there are RPers there, I'll just get on with my mission as if they are *just* standing around, or, indeed, as if they are green-name or no-name NPCs. An RP instance will allow them to get away from all that.

Yes that's true, but this is not the biggest problem Ithink.

As I said, RPers would like to use some area where you can't go with more than 4 people, heroic area for example.

And some of this area are really interesting. That's why I'm talking about an open world. Then we can add things to this instance, like what you said, so that only RPers will use it. ;)