Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

SWTOR [Reviews]


Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.17.2012 , 11:44 AM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Dominoris View Post
I know. That was a "well DUH!" comment. Why would you even try? If you put a day/night cycle on Tatooine you may as well add Klingons too. In other words, it does not have one! Do all the planets even rotate on a north/south axis like Earth? How many do not spin or do so very slowly? How many spin on an East/West axis? Best to just avoid all the inconsistancies all together and assume we all wait to land until it is daylight on the part of the planet we want to be.
Exactly.

It's an absurd fixation some people have with respect to "day/night" cycles in an MMO. If it's game breaking though, there are other MMOs that fulfill this obsession.

It's also absurd when people rant about how one MMO has a specfic pet feature they like and this game does not. So what? Are you so averse to change that you just cannot cope with a different implementation style by a different MMO developer? People cry about so called lack of innovation, yet they berate the game for any variance it might have to another MMO.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

CadaKai's Avatar


CadaKai
02.17.2012 , 11:45 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Dominoris View Post
I know. That was a "well DUH!" comment. Why would you even try? If you put a day/night cycle on Tatooine you may as well add Klingons too. In other words, it does not have one! Do all the planets even rotate on a north/south axis like Earth? How many do not spin or do so very slowly? How many spin on an East/West axis? Best to just avoid all the inconsistancies all together and assume we all wait to land until it is daylight on the part of the planet we want to be.
How does tatooine not have a day/night cycle?

I guess you havent seen a new hope?

Why don't they go after r2 the day he goes missing? Hint.... its because it will be dark soon.

Harower's Avatar


Harower
02.17.2012 , 11:45 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Nighthawked View Post
Sigh how is that off topic? I gave you an example of how critics and even "biodrones" are more constructive than haters.

Again, you cannot possibly believe that this



is constructive. There is nothing constructive about that. If anything, they are just as constructive as the biodrones quote you said.
The existence of 0 and 1 when in context of comparable measurements of reference is theoretically impossible. Similar to probability but different theory.

One has to be closer to 0 then the other. What you say is illogical. I posed that one is more constructive then the other and as both can't be equally de-constructive, based on already stated logical reasoning the hater is in the position to provide more of merit in the order of benefits to the game.

I believe this to be a better point of view then "I can't possibly believe"
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg

Bizwolf's Avatar


Bizwolf
02.17.2012 , 11:49 AM | #104
Those companies I'm sure didn't experience a month at 50 and done with the game.

Those numbers have to be from the leveling experience which no other mmo is as good as.

SBite's Avatar


SBite
02.17.2012 , 11:52 AM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by Mercia View Post
Name an mmo feature it lacks that wow has

And dont say LFG tool because thats a load of bollox infact it makes it more of an mmo not having one since you have to build relationships with PEOPLE
Consistent, unfragmented, fully explorable world with almost no loading screens. Zones that are not fully explorable and loadings are probably one of the worst design decisions for MMO. As for the loading screens - in the early development they probably hoped they will be able to achieve this. The long and now totally pointless orbital stations are whats left of this failed attempt. They probably hoped they will be able to make planet load while player passes trough orbitals but with time the loading became far more than whats able to load while player passes trough them and loading screens and black elevators were added.

Snibb's Avatar


Snibb
02.17.2012 , 11:54 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by Nighthawked View Post
We are not saying they are not useful, in fact, some of us are saying they would love to have this feature in the game. What we are saying, is that there is no need to complain about it day after day after day and say it is the MUST HAVE FEATURE for any MMO.
Fair enough. Though I do have to say that some people came off sounding like, this feature is not needed ever, followed by insults.
I think a good portion of the people had high hopes for this game, myself included, and were disappointed with what we saw and have been seeing. I truly hoped for this game to be a WoW killer, so from my point of view for that to happen, these features are must have to be competative.
Also, there is the enjoyment aspect. The lack of some of these features are kind of like a stone in your boot. You can deal with it for a while, but after too long it gets tedious.
I wish some of us could see that we're on the same side, and want this game to succeed. So, to the people who see the game as fine, no need for improvement... why are you so defensive when people spell out what's bugging them?
Let the shoosting begin!

Aryzyra's Avatar


Aryzyra
02.17.2012 , 11:54 AM | #107
Nice to see the reviews compiled by the OP.

The "feature" argument is hilarious. "This game has every feature!" "Those other features don't count!!!" Lulz.

All in all, good job folks.

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
02.17.2012 , 11:57 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Harower View Post
All that was said is that Haters are more constructive then Biodrones due to content focus.
Absurd statement, IMO.

Game hatred and constructive criticism are mutally exclusive in MMO forums.

Game hatred, which is quite common in the medium of internet game forums, is emotional, usually irrational, full of hyperbole, and often very sarcastic. Also very biased, usually very subjective, and rarely contains anything constructive at all. AND tags itself for easy recognition by copious use of the term "biodrone" or "fanboi" against anyone who disagrees with them. There are ample examples of this on the forum.

Generally not well regarded or respected, even by true critics.

Constructive criticism is almost always non-emotional, rational in what it presents, avoids hyperboly and sarcasm and strives to be objective. There are ample examples of this on this forum.

Generally respected and conversed with by other forum members in a constructive manner.

Since you cannot distinguish the difference, or choose not to, what you present lacks rational credibility.
When you find yourself surrounded by hostile Clowns... always go for the "Juggler" first.

Zyanzor's Avatar


Zyanzor
02.17.2012 , 12:15 PM | #109
This thread has gone waaaaaay off topic. This was not what I wanted. I just wanted a area for people on both sides and the middle of the fence, to have something to read. Not another flame war or SWTOR -vs- (some random MMO here).

Please try to stay on topic or this thread will only be another locked thread in BW's Recycle Bin
Nothing to see here....move along...

Harower's Avatar


Harower
02.17.2012 , 12:16 PM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Absurd statement, IMO.

Game hatred and constructive criticism are mutally exclusive in MMO forums.

Game hatred, which is quite common in the medium of internet game forums, is emotional, usually irrational, full of hyperbole, and often very sarcastic. Also very biased, usually very subjective, and rarely contains anything constructive at all. AND tags itself for easy recognition by copious use of the term "biodrone" or "fanboi" against anyone who disagrees with them. There are ample examples of this on the forum.

Generally not well regarded or respected, even by true critics.

Constructive criticism is almost always non-emotional, rational in what it presents, avoids hyperboly and sarcasm and strives to be objective. There are ample examples of this on this forum.

Generally respected and conversed with by other forum members in a constructive manner.

Since you cannot distinguish the difference, or choose not to, what you present lacks rational credibility.
Such a big reply yet lack the ability to read previous posts.

If you had you would of seen that I said that both Critics and haters are more constructive then biodrones.

Not one of you has managed to come up with a logical reason why this is not the case then you seem to follow about "how to really create a constructive post" Talk about missing the crux of the point.

A hater talking about the game be it random or well thought out argument is more beneficial to bioware(thus more constructive) then a biodrone talking only about the haters.

Hater: "I hate everything about this game, fix it or ill un-subscribe"

More constructive from a game discussion standpoint then

Biodrone: "Look at all you haters, what is wrong with you guys(if only they left it as "I love this game")


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35TbGjt-weA
Says it all

I give up, beyond hope is the term that many of you bring to mind. Night.


/end offtopic.
Best swtor picture EVER!!!
http://imgur.com/zgTKy
Mass effect 3 summed up in a single picture
http://i.imgur.com/xDaDH.jpg