Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Final Check: Conversion of Command Boosts, CXP Packs, and Command Tokens?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Final Check: Conversion of Command Boosts, CXP Packs, and Command Tokens?

AlCiao's Avatar


AlCiao
10.11.2019 , 07:50 PM | #1
So, a while back, the devs said that, come 6.0, command boosts (that last for something like an hour or two, I forget which) would get converted into renown boosts, but consumable cxp packs and command tokens are getting converted to credits.

Just want to double check that there's been no word of this plan changing since then? Want to do a final check on this before I use all my packs and tokens :P

I haven't seen anything in dev tracker about it, but dev tracker has also made oblique references to a PTS cheeve to get a Kai Zykken log mount, and I never saw that explained there either.

Thanks
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
10.11.2019 , 08:04 PM | #2
I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Boosts. (Edit: stupidly typed Packs before).

Others have bought Ilvl 230 gear to sell.

Choice is yours, but make a choice because BW has made clear the exchange rate will be abysmal.

Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Boosts. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty

AlCiao's Avatar


AlCiao
10.11.2019 , 08:11 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I converted my Command Tokens to CXP (soon to be Renown) Packs.

Others have bought Ilvl 230 gear to sell.

Choice is yours, but make a choice. Either buy 230 gear to make credits or buy (soon to be) Renown Packs. As I'm swimming in credits, I chose the latter.

Dasty
Uh, do you mean the Command Boosts? The packs are things that drop from dailies and FPs and ops and stuff, that give you a set amount of command xp when you consume them. I wasn't aware that you could get them with command tokens.

Anyway, it's not that I'm having trouble deciding what to do, it's that I want my decision to be informed. Last I heard, those CXP packs are NOT going to convert to Renown packs but are going to convert to credits, just like Command Tokens. The Boosts (like xp boosts, except for cxp) are going to get converted to Renown Boosts though.

Again, that's the last I heard, and I want to make sure it hasn't changed, before I spend my tokens and use my cxp packs to store up boosts.
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

Jdast's Avatar


Jdast
10.11.2019 , 08:22 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCiao View Post
Uh, do you mean the Command Boosts? The packs are things that drop from dailies and FPs and ops and stuff, that give you a set amount of command xp when you consume them. I wasn't aware that you could get them with command tokens.

Anyway, it's not that I'm having trouble deciding what to do, it's that I want my decision to be informed. Last I heard, those CXP packs are NOT going to convert to Renown packs but are going to convert to credits, just like Command Tokens. The Boosts (like xp boosts, except for cxp) are going to get converted to Renown Boosts though.

Again, that's the last I heard, and I want to make sure it hasn't changed, before I spend my tokens and use my cxp packs to store up boosts.
Apologies, no idea why I typed Packs when I meant Boosts. But the direct answer to your question is "no" -- they have not announced any new changes.

For others, and, this is my understanding (and I think I'm right unless they change something out of the blue) and for clarification since I (stupidly) used wrong terminology above...

Command Boosts -- these extend the time for which you will gain CXP while playing. These boosts will be converted to Renown automatically with 6.0.

Command Packs (or CXP packs) -- these are the items you get for increasing your actual Command level. You get them when completing bosses, etc. Keep in mind, Command level becomes irrelevant in 10 days. Spend them now!

Command Tokens -- Currently you can use these to purchase: a) Ilvl 230 gear; b) some crafting stuff; or c) Command Boosts.

By Command Boost, I mean the item that gives you 2 hours of extra CXP gain. In 6.0, it becomes extra Renown gain.

BW has said that your Command Boost items will convert to Renown Boost items. That's why I purchased them on my 30 some odd alts.

Dasty

AlCiao's Avatar


AlCiao
10.11.2019 , 08:31 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
Apologies if I was confusing. And, this is my understanding (and I think I'm right unless they change something out of the blue)...

Command Boosts -- these extend the time for which you will gain CXP while playing. These boosts will be converted to Renown automatically with 6.0.

Command Packs (or CXP packs) -- these are the items you get for increasing your actual Command level. You get them when completing bosses, etc. Keep in mind, Command level becomes irrelevant in 10 days. Spend them now!

Command Tokens -- Currently you can use these to purchase: a) Ilvl 230 gear; b) some crafting stuff; or c) Command Boosts.

By Command Boost, I mean the item that gives you 2 hours of extra CXP gain. In 6.0, it becomes extra Renown gain.

BW has said that your Command Boost items will convert to Renown Boost items. That's why I purchased them on my 30 some odd alts.

Dasty
Yes, exactly.

I saw the devs say this a few months ago, on dev tracker.

I'm just making sure that they haven't said something else since then about changing their minds on what's converting to what.
Strangefate Legacy on Star Forge (previously Jedi Covenant)
<Imperial Entanglements>

PlacidDragon's Avatar


PlacidDragon
10.12.2019 , 01:25 AM | #6
Very handy to know, thanx for the information (only been back a couple of weeks, still trying to get to grips with everything)

Edit : Just to be crystal clear :

The "Superior Command Boost", a consumable that sometimes drops from the crates (you can also buy it i believe?), giving a 100 percent bonus to CxP gain for 2 hours.. that'll simply switch to "Renown boost". So definitely worth holding on to.

What about the "Bonus CxP Consumable" (i think you mention it in the original post, but since there was a bit of confusion, i'd rather be safe than sorry, hehe) another item that sometimes drops from command crates (gives 1500'ish CxP i think ?). Does anyone know if that will be transformed into a Renown item as well, or will it just collapse into 200 credits ? I have about 20 of them, so i'd really not be caught making a bad decision here. Thank you

Mubrak's Avatar


Mubrak
10.12.2019 , 02:27 AM | #7
On PTS, the consumables that give CP directly were changed to non-usable items that can be sold to vendors (Only had a bunch of green ones, those sold for 120 credits each). Command Tokens became credit chits worth 1 credit. Those still in the command stash could be claimed and sold for 1 credit or deconstructed to gain 1 renown point.
6.0: Do not add that gaudy flashing icon above every vendor's head without an option to turn it off.
Let us sort our companion list and hide or kick out the unwanted ones!

http://www.swtor.com/r/rszTdG

PlacidDragon's Avatar


PlacidDragon
10.12.2019 , 02:32 AM | #8
Thanx a lot for the explanation, very very helpful

black_pyros's Avatar


black_pyros
10.12.2019 , 02:34 AM | #9
Personally, I am waiting to the last weekend before planned expansion launch to decide what to do with my stuff. No need to rush. Maybe, just maybe, we will get more info until then.
Click for FREE 7 Days of Subscription

http://www.swtor.com/r/mdqsLM

MasterRummy's Avatar


MasterRummy
10.12.2019 , 06:38 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by AlCiao View Post
So, a while back, the devs said that, come 6.0, command boosts (that last for something like an hour or two, I forget which) would get converted into renown boosts, but consumable cxp packs and command tokens are getting converted to credits.

Just want to double check that there's been no word of this plan changing since then? Want to do a final check on this before I use all my packs and tokens :P

I haven't seen anything in dev tracker about it, but dev tracker has also made oblique references to a PTS cheeve to get a Kai Zykken log mount, and I never saw that explained there either.

Thanks
the number will be about 13 to 14k per character based the mount of stuff they have..... now we just sit back and wait to see what that final number is