Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Return of Kira (again)

lewdolan
10.09.2019 , 08:24 AM | #1
Hi Eric,
Do we have any idea when the return of Kira has been planned? I know that this question pops up regularly now. I've been playing for almost 7 years now. When I started our max level was 50, 12K practically kept you perpetually in invincible mode. Ilum had just been added to give us something to do after the class story was done. We were told in May 2018 that her return was in the works. It kept getting pushed back more and more. Now, here we are 17 months later and still nothing but blurbs here and there that come from data mining and guesswork. I am at the end of a subscription period and whether I renew (at all) will depend on your answer. I'm not expecting an actual target date but is this something that is coming soon, within the next month or two or is it still TBD? Thanks!

JediQuaker
10.09.2019 , 08:32 AM | #2
As I often say in response to this is - if you really, really want Kira back, you can summon her from the terminal on Odessen. It would be nice to have her return in the story, and I'm looking forward to asking her where the h*** she's been, but I certainly wouldn't un-sub because of having to wait.
Meanwhile, I'm happy (on 2 characters) to carry on with Kira as a companion, even though eventually I'll discover that, RP-wise, she was just a clone or android of the "real" Kira when she returns**. 😉

But, there has been some rumors of Kira returning in Onslaught.

** Edit - To clarify, I'm not really concerned about marriage, and/or story aspects of companions. In both cases, it was merely a matter of convenience influence level and melee-wise.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

lewdolan
10.09.2019 , 08:33 AM | #3
I am well aware of that - I want to wrap up that part of the story.

denavin
10.09.2019 , 10:15 PM | #4
Though the option of using the terminal to get companions back is there. I have never been tempted to use it as I am more interested in waiting till the story finally reveals what they have been up to and where my companions have been. I am not so impatient that I can not wait till they return in the story, and un-subbing would be puerile and counter productive in my opinion.
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Hawkebatt
10.11.2019 , 08:49 PM | #5
On one toon The Emperor died in the Dark Temple and showed up again. She did go through Revan and my head cannon for this toon puts the events of that to a disturbed Revan who was sadly mistaken that Naga Sadow was the spirit of the Emperor. Ziost is just fine and not destroyed.

So this toon still has Kira has retired with her and the rest of her team, with Doc, Rusk, and Scourge being their playmates.
Emotion, yet Peace. Ignorance, yet Knowledge. Passion, yet Serenity.

Chaos, Yet Harmony. Death, yet the Force. Contemplation, yet Duty.

Tsillah
10.12.2019 , 04:16 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by lewdolan View Post
I am well aware of that - I want to wrap up that part of the story.
A lot of people are but I suspect that they might be purposefully holding information back on that especially if she's coming back.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

JediQuaker
10.12.2019 , 06:31 AM | #7
Btw, I suspect that one of the reasons that Kira has not returned may involve the voice acting. Don't be surprised if Kira "sounds" different when/if she returns.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

OldVengeance
10.12.2019 , 02:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by JediQuaker View Post
Btw, I suspect that one of the reasons that Kira has not returned may involve the voice acting. Don't be surprised if Kira "sounds" different when/if she returns.
I am 100% certain that this is not it.

Terro_Fett
10.12.2019 , 02:51 PM | #9
If/when Kira does reappear after 6.0 I am expecting she will get the Mako/Jaesa/Ashara/etc treatment in being a JK only alert. I am more interested in when Scourge comes back, and I'm hoping he is a story-related comp that everyone can get. Scourge would make a great comp for my Sith Warrior.