Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

Sonicphoto
10.13.2019 , 08:57 AM | #61
Ah yes, because having new content is going to kill the game instead of no content for months. The expansion has been tested on a very limited space, we have yet to see it in action live. We donít know how progression is through the story and the overall vast amount of content in the game. Once that happens then we can provide any feedback neccesary so it can continue to grow. They are actively counting down the date of launch on twitter so I donít think a delay is coming or needed, thatís what patches are for.

Master_Morak
10.13.2019 , 10:05 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Sonicphoto View Post
Ö
They are actively counting down the date of launch on twitter so I donít think a delay is coming or needed, thatís what patches are for.
I agree ,but we all know what we have to expeed.

A game which is full of bugs, which are not fixed for month, heavy lags in prime time and no one from the officals posting in forum in which way they will repair what they have released.

I bet:
* there will be a emergency maintanance in the first 48 Hours after release
* there will be 2 or more Bugs fixes in the first week
* there will some silent "adjustments" in the first 4 weeks to correct the greatest Fails
* there will be an significant decline in subscriptions after 4-8 weeks when many have played the new story and realized that conquest players, story players, solo players and crafters are no longer wanted because they are only prefer group players and raiders.
MŲge die Macht mit Euch sein

JediQuaker
10.13.2019 , 11:16 AM | #63
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Morak View Post
* there will be an significant decline in subscriptions after 4-8 weeks.
There may also be a significant increase in subscriptions for the first 4-8 weeks. Net result - only the Fox God knows for sure.
Hold water, a sieve may not, but hold another sieve, it will - Yoda..

Referral code - http://www.swtor.com/r/dZ8wSV

LordRapheus
10.14.2019 , 03:10 AM | #64
What's REALLY gonna happen, is that the download will complete with no bugs in record time, some hyper super espresso program will be in place that will prevent crashes and lag despite the bajillion players logging in on the same time,all companions will come back, and a sunbeam will come into everyones window (even if it's dark out... I'll show up personally to direct mirrors from the light side of the Earth) enveloping them in a glow of sunshiney goodness as they realize this is the best expansion ever.

Have a nice day
Experience is a cruel teacher. First comes the final exam, and the lessons come after.
Hiking gives an important life lesson. If you wish to see farther, climb to a higher vantage point.
Referral link: http://www.swtor.com/r/JpFSYK

Sarova
10.14.2019 , 12:56 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
They are bound by a strict contractual timeline, this update is not going to be delayed.
I lol also
Quote: Originally Posted by xordevoreaux View Post
10/22 - 6.0
10/23 - whupsie!
10/24 - 6.0a
Followed by:
  • "we have shut down x" because "exploit y"
  • many forum rants about things that we tested and found to be abysmal on the PTS, told them about but were ignored going live
  • updates 6.0b, 6.0c but contain no fixes for above ranted about things
  • many more forum rants about abysmal things that were fed back on the PTS forums but ignored in updates
  • story turns out to be lame & companions have been ignored yet again
  • /rage quit
Iokath Needs Customised Quinns - Make it Happen || Quinn Treatsô
Add an option to switch off vendor icons
My Rishi
Magical Clicky Link