Scoundrels/Operatives ridculously OP.

Bandelederen

So me and another level 50 runs op to cap this point in the Alderaan warzone. Out of nowhere this scoundrel opens up and obliterates the other lvl 50 before I can even react. He then vanishes and opens up on me with a stun.

At this point im thinking surely he cannot do the same thing to me, he just did to the other guy 8 seconds ago. Boy was I wrong.

STUN

STUN OVER

At this point I have about 10% of my hp left and the fight is over. He just creamed the both of us in less than 20 seconds and hes still got 90% hp left.

And tbh this is not the only time I've witnessed these scenarios with scoundrels completely destroying people in a single stun. This needs to be addressed immediatly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can trinket it all he wants, biowares funky *** resolve system wont give you enough resolve for immunity until u've been stunned twice, despite the insane duration of the agents stuns.

PS: This is even worse in Huttball, when the agent can simply use vent to escape when he done his deed.

Zetara, well then its not a burst class it is now? that is sustained damage.

Edited by Munx

He can trinket it all he wants, biowares funky *** resolve system wont give you enough resolve for immunity until u've been stunned twice, despite the insane duration of the agents stuns.

PS: This is even worse in Huttball, when the agent can simply use vent to escape when he done his deed.

Zetara, well that its not a burst class it is now? that is sustained damage.

No, he opened up, cloaked, sustained damage is no more. He then opened up again.

Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.

Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.

Anyway. Fact remains, they are immensely OP and their damage needs to be turned down ALOT.

They are atm the gods of pvp.

I like this comment.

Any class played properly all of a sudden makes then Overpowered.

I've only noticed that Sorcerers deal a lot of dmg and have that annoying heal, but that's how they are made :D

Maybe you need to PVP more. They are not OP, their damage does not need to be turned down, it needs to be high because they can do nothing else. If you target them while they are uncloaked, you mince them.

They are nowhere NEAR the gods of PVP. Go and actually PVP. Every class has something that seems overpowered. Every. One.

QFT.

Just because someone lost to a competent scoundrel/operative in PVP does not mean they are OP.

Practice alot in PVP and scoundrels will not be such a problem:rolleyes:

Edited by Endel

You dont catch a scoundrel not stealthed if they dont want you too. And if you do, they vanish and open on you, and as we all know, then you die.

I am a bounty hunter, I have never played scoundrel so your editing of my quote is fail.

You just lost to a cloaky and came here to complain about it, plenty of us batter cloakies regularly. It isn't hard.

I will agree with this thread. I am currently playing a 50 Sorcerer heal spec. It is impossible for me to heal through the damage they can output solo. They wont even interrupt my casts, simply stun and power through all my bubbles and heals. I don't think that healers should be immortal at all, but at least give me a fighting chance.

I may be able to get away with a electrocute, force speed away, but if those arent up, and I try to stand my ground, I will die at the hands of an operative/scoundrel. From my point of view, which is limited to this class atm, they either need to tone down the damage, or give a slight buff to healers. I should be able to keep up single targets against other single targets with no cc or interupts on me. Just sayin.

If you couldn't even react in 3 gcds, you are a literal sloth.

Insulting people isn't going to get us anywhere.

More often than not, tenacity is on cooldown, due to the amount of CC being thrown around. That's the only thing that needs changing.

I've seen the numbers the OP is going on about, by themselves, there is nothing wrong with them, it's a burst class.

It's the CC breaks that need to be better, resolve was about making sure you couldn't be destroyed in 1 stunlock, it fails at that.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

The "rogue" archetype is usually the best PvP class in most MMOs.

Look at this current WoW season - the rogue is dominant again.

If you are a serious PvPer I suggest you suck up your fascination with lightsabers and roll a Operative/Scoundrel. They are truly a blast to play with in PvP.

Edited by Thelongroad

I was saying this for quite some time, but the L2P morons reiterated their delusion of the game being perfectly balanced and shouting down everything else.

Those almost instakill classes have to be brought in line - and fast. People start to realize it's not the SS/JS which is ridiculously OP but the actual high burst dmg classes.

I will agree with this thread. I am currently playing a 50 Sorcerer heal spec. It is impossible for me to heal through the damage they can output solo. They wont even interrupt my casts, simply stun and power through all my bubbles and heals. I don't think that healers should be immortal at all, but at least give me a fighting chance.

The problem isn't Operative or damage, the problem is HEALING.

I'm playing a healing Operative, and I have a slightly lower level healing Merc. And this is true with quite a few classes.

If I get a Marauder on top of my Operative healer, I can live for a little while as I pop my two defensive CDs, or I can try to escape with the cloak, but I cannot just stand there and outheal his damaage. Same goes for a Merc that spams tracers and then does a heatseeker/unload/rail combo when I'm debuffed.

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

Edited by Sabbathius

Just had almost the exact same scenario happen again.

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.

Edited by Bandelederen

Healing in this game, especially in PvP, needs some serious changes to make it attractive. I mean, look at the medals. Healers get absolutely SHAFTED in the medals department. We get what, one for a 2.5k+ heal and one for 75k and what else? Nothing. Meanwhile, DPS classes get one for a kill, one for solo kill, one for 10 kills, one for 20 kills, one for 75k damage, etc. Most matches as DPS you get 5+ without even trying. As a tank, you get 7+ just for keeping guard up on people.

As a healer I have abandon my chosen role and go on a killing spree mid-match just to get the same commendations as a tracer-missile-spamming moron.

I will take some time to get my DPS medals as well. Usually its in between heals, or when moving I'll throw DOTs, or when no one in range needs heals, but I always try to make sure I get a few of the DPS medals since they are a portion of valor/comm recieved.

As for healing needing a buff, maybe. I'm fairly happy with it, and will probably be more happy once i get full PvP gear, but operative/scoundrels and assassins/JS really do a number on me burst wise.

This time the scoundrel cc'ed me from stealth. So I couldnt do anything while he then destroyed one guy and then destroyed me afterwards.

This is so blatantly OP that anyone who claims otherwise should rethink their motives for doing so.

I'm sorry but are you serious? You and your buddy got destroyed by 1 (one) scoundrel?

It does not mean we are OP...you know what it means... :rolleyes:

Edited by Endel

So you're telling me none of you could break out of his cc?