Kaggath Series: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Beniboybling

“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”

Round 5: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0

Welcome to the fifth instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.

The last battle, Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate, was after a long and bitter struggle, a victory for Kun, as Mandalore was unable to defend against the full power of a Dark Lord of the Sith. But onto round five.

For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.

Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:

• The arena: the known galaxy.
  • No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Twin Suns, Hanharr. (The Gand nest and Zhug "brothers" are part of G0-T0’s power base - the Trade Federation Droid Army are not part of Plagueis')
  • No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
  • No surrender, fight to the death!
  • No superweapons.
  • Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
  • Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.

So, the combatants: Both Plagueis and G0-T0 were epitomes of cunning, logic and reason, using their cold and calculating personas and alter egos to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale.

Plagueis held the accumulated power of Order of the Sith Lords at the height of its influence. As Hego Damask he controlled the wealth and resources of Damask Holdings, and as a Dark Lord he commanded his own Sith cult – the Sun Guard. Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. But when these hidden powers are plunged into the open arena, how will they fare? Who will win?

I've posted relevant links to Wookiee pages on the more obscure organisations that you may not be aware of, so give them a quick read if your unaware.

Let the Kaggath begin!

Victor: G0-T0

Edited by Beniboybling

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting! I'll need to see the points made of others before I can make a decision or take a side.

G0-T0 has the advantage of resources and numbers, but Plagueis is.. ya know... a powerful Sith. At a glance I'd give it to Plagueis.

Plagueis. He may not have an extensive power base at first glance, but he can easily make up ground. We're talking about the guy who created the Grand Plan. Plagueis could easily sweep G0-T0's power base from under him and crush him. This would be a battle in the shadows, and Plagueis is the master of the shadows.

I literally scremed "Yes, GO-TO!" when I saw this! :D

So, here's the thing, GO-TO can't die.

First, Plagueis, will have to find him. The Sith will think GO-TO is a human, and attempt to find his base. If he does find GO-TO's Stealthed Ship he will have no way of knowing that GO-TO is a droid. And actually, considering GO-TO only used droids on his ship, Plagueis would not be able to sense the ship through the Force.

Second, GO-TO is invisible. He has a stealth field generator that can make him disappear. Even Plaueis (I'm assuming) would not be able to sense him due to the fact that the Force does not reach GO-TO, he's a droid.

Third, GO-TO is a droid, and can therefor download himself into another body. He could hide as a mouse droid, really. Assuming the technology of the era, he could even remotely download his datafiles/ personality into another body as his doom grows near, escaping.

So the only way Plagiues will win is if

a.) He finds GO-TO's cloaked ship

b.) He discovers GO-TO isn't a human

c.) He finds GO-TO's stealthed droid body

d.) He prevents GO-TO from saving himself by download

Edited by Warren-Stride

Darth Plagueis hands down , he was so powerful , the most powerful Sithlord Sidious had to kill him while he was drunk and asleep .

Can we get a Darth Krayt vs..........so and so soonish please..............I think he is well underrated .

I know this is blasphemy, but in a 1v1 fight, I'm gonna give it to GO-TO.

Hear me out.

Stealth + Droid = VERY dangerous enemy for a Force User. They cannot sense his movements through the Force because he is not alive, and they cannot see or sense him due to the Stealth Generator. GO-TO would get frist strike and the element of surprise.

Darth Plagueis lacks precognitive abilities due his maxi-chlorian infection. If GO-TO were to make a strike at the Sith Lord from behind, without exiting stealth, mind you, Plagueis would have to rely on reflexes. This attack could come at any time, GO-TO could be his own assassin, or he could do this when (if) Plagueis boards his ship. But sometime when the Sith's defenses are down.

Here's what I see happening: GO-TO goes into stealth as Plagueis comes near. Totally unable to sense the droid, Plagueis is completely unaware of GO-TOs presense and, coupled with his lack of precognitive abilities, he is unsuspecting. GO-TO then sends a paralyis dart at Plagueis. Mind you, these darts are used by assassins to be silent and quick, and if GO-TO is in close range, which he very well could be, Plagueis would have no time to react. Or, if you argue he could, GO-TO could literally float up to the Sith and stab him with a needle.

As someone else pointed out, Plaueis died in part due to poisoning. With his complete invisbility and Plagueis's lack of precognitive abilities, GO-TO could do the same.

1v1 = GO-TO?

Edited by Warren-Stride

I know this is blasphemy, but in a 1v1 fight, I'm gonna give it to GO-TO.

Hear me out.

Stealth + Droid = VERY dangerous enemy for a Force User. They cannot sense his movements through the Force because he is not alive, and they cannot see or sense him due to the Stealth Generator. GO-TO would get frist strike and the element of surprise.

Darth Plagueis lacks precognitive abilities due his maxi-chlorian infection. If GO-TO were to make a strike at the Sith Lord from behind, without exiting stealth, mind you, Plagueis would have to rely on reflexes. This attack could come at any time, GO-TO could be his own assassin, or he could do this when (if) Plagueis boards his ship. But sometime when the Sith's defenses are down.

Here's what I see happening: GO-TO goes into stealth as Plagueis comes near. Totally unable to sense the droid, Plagueis is completely unaware of GO-TOs presense and, coupled with his lack of precognitive abilities, he is unsuspecting. GO-TO then sendings a paralyis dart at Plagueis. Mind you, these darts are used by assassins to be silent and quick, and if GO-TO is in close range, which he very well could be, Plagueis would have no time to react. Or, if you argue he could, GO-TO could literally float up to the Sith and stab him with a needle.

As someone else pointed out, Plaueis died in part due to poisoning. With his complete invisbility and Plagueis's lack of precognitive abilities, GO-TO could do the same.

1v1 = GO-TO?

Except Plagueis was pretty much invisible as well. Maybe not TRUE invisibility, but he was able to sit around on Coruscant without even Master Yoda knowing he was there. He would have to literally walk into the Jedi Temple and say "Hey I'm a Sith Lord here to kill you!"

If Yoda and the entire galaxy couldn't see him, what makes you think G0-T0 can?

Plagueis isn't really a hands-on kinda guy. If he has the tools to take G0-T0 out, he will use them.

I literally scremed "Yes, GO-TO!" when I saw this! :D

I said the same thing when I saw GO-TO!!

O.K., I have to give this one to GO-To as well. With that fact that he is a droid(meaning no force sensing) and all the other points you listed, GO-TO will win.

I know little about Plagueis, but some of his force powers seem to make him extremely hard to kill. Luckily for GO-TO, I think he may die yet.

Imagine this

Plagueis is somehow able to find GO-TO's ship, and gets safely through. The sun guard (from what I read on wookiepedia) would not be with him, as they served as guards on the moon Sojourn. Unless Plagueis specifically asked for the guards to come with him, they would not.

Anyway, Plagueis is inside of GO-TO's ship, and believes he has captured GO-TO. All GO-TO needs is for multiple assassin's to attacked Plagueis at the same time with some type of paralyzing poison. Plagueis' Heart Stun wouldn't be able to overcome that, and even if he managed to kill the assassin's afterward, GO-TO could've escaped, or gotten in for the kill.

Please correct me if my information is wrong, but I vote for GO-TO!!!!:D

EDIT: Dang it Aurbere, you beat to to the post!

Edited by Canino

Except Plagueis was pretty much invisible as well. Maybe not TRUE invisibility, but he was able to sit around on Coruscant without even Master Yoda knowing he was there. He would have to literally walk into the Jedi Temple and say "Hey I'm a Sith Lord here to kill you!"

Plagueis isn't really a hands-on kinda guy. If he has the tools to take G0-T0 out, he will use them.

I never said GO-TO would find him. That's another subject altogether. Both are VERY hard to find, it seems like.

I was merely stating how I think the battle would go down IF Plagueis and GO-TO did go 1v1. Actually, GO-TO may even seek Plagueis out, if he recognizes the extreme advantage he has over the Sith. But first, before any kinda of offensive can be made, they have to find each other.

Imagine this

Plagueis is somehow able to find GO-TO's ship, and gets safely through. The sun guard (from what I read on wookiepedia) would not be with him, as they served as guards on the moon Sojourn. Unless Plagueis specifically asked for the guards to come with him, they would not.

Anyway, Plagueis is inside of GO-TO's ship, and believes he has captured GO-TO. All GO-TO needs is for multiple assassin's to attacked Plagueis at the same time with some type of paralyzing poison. Plagueis' Heart Stun wouldn't be able to overcome that, and even if he managed to kill the assassin's afterward, GO-TO could've escaped, or gotten in for the kill.

This is another valid senario, but even with his lack of awareness, I doubt Plaguies would fall into a trap.... but then again, you never know. I think poison, as it was the first time, will be the Dark Lord's downfall. GO-TO and his group of assassins are no strangers to toxins, so it is very possible GO-TO will just poison the alien, the air, or the food/drink.... if he can find Plagueis.

This is another valid senario, but even with his lack of awareness, I doubt Plaguies would fall into a trap.... but then again, you never know. I think poison, as it was the first time, will be the Dark Lord's downfall. GO-TO and his group of assassins are no strangers to toxins, so it is very possible GO-TO will just poison the alien, the air, or the food/drink.... if he can find Plagueis.

Very true, very true. It is a game of shadows, a hard game to win. I think the key is for one to eliminate the others army, or followers. You may not find the enemy, but the enemy will not stand aside and let his forces be killed. Either of the "contestants" if I may, will be searching for one another, so whoever decides to gun down the others forces first, has the upper hand.

I think G0-T0 may decide this first, and has a bit of an upper hand with the fact that the Sun Guard has a good chance of being out of the way. I'm not sure about Plageuis' other forces, but G0-T0 does have his entire droid army. Would Plagueis have Palpitine, because if he does, the fight may swing toward Plageuis. At the same time, G0-T0 could convince him to strike down his master earlier.

EDIT: Just checked, it said Plagueis doesn't have Darth Sideous, but does that mean he doesn't have his apprentice, or Palpitine is out?

Edited by Canino

You know, this really is gonna be a lot closer then I thought....

I think that this will be the longest and most drawn-out battle to date. The biggest thing here for both G0-T0 and Plagueis is patience.

I feel that Plagueis dosn't really have a power base to begin with (granted he can soon get one), so this is gonna be... different.

Before I really get into this: can G0-T) download himself into several things? If so, it's gonna be nearly impossible for Plagueis to win. Just saying.

OK so here goes. Strength in numbers here is pretty much unimportant, so no advantage here for G0-T0. This will be purely a battle of wits. If I'm either one of these guys then here's what I'm gonna do:

I'm gonna spend YEARS doing a bunch of stuff to throw the enemy off of my game. What I mean is that I'll spend time doing a bunch of bullcrap plans that end up getting seen by the enemy. I do this until the enemy thinks he knows me. Then I engage in legit plans to assassinate the enemy. This wins it here. I think it is gonna come down to how capable these opponents are of killing eachother. G0-T0, being a stealthy robot, is gonna be impossible to detect through the force, while Plagueis is gonna be nearly impossible to detect.

G0-T0 WINS!! Here's why: remember how Sidious was killed? He was backstabbed. He never saw it coming. This prooves that these Sith aren't invincible to deception. For this reason, G0-T0 wins. Thoughts?

I think GO-TO wins 1v1. Here's why it's important:

I don't see a way Plagueis could kill GO-TO other than a personal duel.

However, GO-TO can still kill Plagueis without a 1v1. Remember HK-50 assassin droids? Yeah, they're pretty great. For sure against Plagueis. Once again, he cannot sense these droids through the Force. He also has a lack of precognitive abilities, that basically make it so that he can't have any of that "Spidey-sense" Force stuff.

Basically, there's nothing stopping a HK-50 from blasting his tall head off with a sniper rifle.

Of course, we return to the question: How will GO-TO find him? For this, I really don't have an answer. However, finding GO-TO will be even harder for Plagueis (*Cough* Stealthed Ship *Cough*). And once Plagueis does find him, the lack of worthy assassins means Plagueis would have to go to GO-TO himself.... ending in his doom.

Edited by Warren-Stride

Before I really get into this: can G0-TO download himself into several things? If so, it's gonna be nearly impossible for Plagueis to win. Just saying.

OK so here goes. Strength in numbers here is pretty much unimportant, so no advantage here for G0-T0. This will be purely a battle of wits. If I'm either one of these guys then here's what I'm gonna do:

I'm gonna spend YEARS doing a bunch of stuff to throw the enemy off of my game. What I mean is that I'll spend time doing a bunch of bullcrap plans that end up getting seen by the enemy. I do this until the enemy thinks he knows me. Then I engage in legit plans to assassinate the enemy. This wins it here. I think it is gonna come down to how capable these opponents are of killing eachother. G0-T0, being a stealthy robot, is gonna be impossible to detect through the force, while Plagueis is gonna be nearly impossible to detect.

G0-T0 WINS!! Here's why: remember how Sidious was killed? He was backstabbed. He never saw it coming. This prooves that these Sith aren't invincible to deception. For this reason, G0-T0 wins. Thoughts?

I'm not sure about the downloading, but I would say no, he can only transfer into one other body. However, he could potencially do this to escape his ship, or even a planet to a different body stashed on another of his vessels.

Well, I agree with you EXCEPT strength in numbers. It does matter here, seeing as Plagueis has almost no numbers, while GO-TO has many, many assassins he can use to at least attempt to kill Plagueis with. Also, Plagueis's lack of numbers is what I think will drive this to a 1v1 duel, and a victory to GO-TO.

If the "greatest Sith that every lived" was picked up from behind and hurled over a railing, and wasn't able to see that betrayal coming, it's not a strech to say that a Sith without "Spidey-sense" will fall to the same fate from an invisible genius droid.

Edited by Warren-Stride

As a droid it would make sense that he could transfer into as many bodies as he liked, I can't see why this would be limited to one. That said, he would have to have bodies ready to be transfered to.

Remember that GO-T0 was ultimately trying to capture the exile, not kill her. In a death match he would be able to use resources he couldn't on the exile (deadly poisons, high explosives etc). The main problem in this fight would be how the two could actually find each other...

Edited by Vacarius

GO TO is a droid and not effected by force mind tricks like organics are. He can also take over droids, electronics and ships. If he was in our world he would be that evil thing in the internet.

Concerning the whole download thing - is that even possible? I can't think of a single instance where a droid has made a copy of its memory. So I assume it's impossible, too complex etc especially since planning droids are incredibly complex, however his memory core could be salvaged. Or it could be placed in another droid or something, basically there are lots of decoy tactics he could employ.

But let's not forget G0-T0 has a HK-50 factory. And anyone who has read Darth Plagueis would know he was severely wounded by maladin assassins. So there's definitely a chance the HK's could kill him.

But seeing as the Kaggath removes some element suprise we can assume Plagueis would have his Sun Guard protecting him which remember are not bound to Sojourn, he can use them against goto and he can 'hire' more - there basically like Death Watch

Concerning the whole download thing - is that even possible? I can't think of a single instance where a droid has made a copy of its memory. So I assume it's impossible, too complex etc especially since planning droids are incredibly complex, however his memory core could be salvaged. Or it could be placed in another droid or something, basically there are lots of decoy tactics he could employ.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/IG-88_assassin_droid

IG-88A was able to completely and totally download its entire personality and memory into three other copies of itself. GO-TO could potencially do the same, not only escaping, but making more of himself as partners and then decoys. His ship was filled with droids of the same type as him, so obviously he has other bodies he could transfer into.

IG-88A actually downloaded his entire personality/memories into the Death Star, I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard for GO-TO to transfer his data to another body nearby. It seems completely possible to say that GO-TO can either make clones of himself, or transfer (rather quickly it seems) to another body.

EDIT: If our iPhones can "bump" and share photos and information, imagine what could be done in a galaxy with Star Wars tech. (Oh, and as a side note, that isn't GO-TO's original body, so he has transferred before.)

Edited by Warren-Stride

GO TO is a droid and not effected by force mind tricks like organics are. He can also take over droids, electronics and ships. If he was in our world he would be that evil thing in the internet.

True, but it isn't a simple mind trick that Plagueis did. He created a clever ruse. Hiding behind the name Hego Damask, Plagueis operated around the galaxy without the Jedi knowing. G0-T0 doesn't have Jedi senses so he doesn't know Plagueis is Hego.

But this leads me to ask a question to Beni. Does G0-T0 know Plagueis is Hego Damask?

Edit: The reason I ask is because if G0-T0 knows Plagueis is Hego, then he has a pretty good advantage. He'd be a step ahead of the game, while Plagueis tries to figure out how to fing G0-T0 (easier than you think).

Edited by Aurbere