Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Monoth

Nope didnt say that at all but you knew that so troll elsewhere, im not biting

Others got what I was saying

Perhaps time to ask yourself WHY you didnt

you did say this. you said premades shouldn't be allowed in normal warzones. they wont change this just cause you complain about this. this game is consider an MMO and it promotes group play. It isn't a hard concept to grasp. And even if they did change this everyone of you would be right back here crying its not fair other team gets to many war hero geared players. So then they would be force to change that, Then all of you would be back here crying it's not fair the other team has too many sentinels/vanguards. So again bioware would change that and all of you would be right back crying it's not fair other team has more healers. Do you see where I'm getting at.... Bads make excuses no matter what situation they are put in. Instead of actually trying to better themselves they find something else to blame for their failings.

Edited by Ssfbistimg

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you now? Please read 4-5 posts up.

All I see are a bunch of excuses. If you wanted to get in ranked matches and knew 15 other people on-line, simultaneously. who wanted to get in ranked matches, you'd have just whispered them and had your match. Not given me some sob story about how you multi qed for two different types of warzones and confused Bioware's crappy coding. If that even happened.

More likely it was something like this

"Should we do a ranked match?"

"We don't have 16 in the guild on, so we can't win trade. I don't want my rating screwed up"

"Good point"

"Let's roll pugs in recruit gear trying to grind out their first piece of battlemaster, then go to the pvp forums and tell everybody we're just being Jesus"

Edit: time of day depending, talking 8 people into q ing for ranked isn't impossible to do. If you have to sell them on that you'll at least let them medal, well, that's the price of hoping for a higher level of competition. If you have to split your own guild into 4s and play roulette with 8 people on the fleet, it can be done. But you and I both know that competition isn't what you want.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

All I see are a bunch of excuses. If you wanted to get in ranked matches and knew 15 other people on-line, simultaneously. who wanted to get in ranked matches, you'd have just whispered them and had your match. Not given me some sob story about how you multi qed for two different types of warzones and confused Bioware's crappy coding. If that even happened.

More likely it was something like this

"Should we do a ranked match?"

"We don't have 16 in the guild on, so we can't win trade. I don't want my rating screwed up"

"Good point"

"Let's roll pugs in recruit gear trying to grind out their first piece of battlemaster, then go to the pvp forums and tell everybody we're just being Jesus"

<.< not that it really matters on the internet, but bad day to start that crap.

I have begun to berrate people on fleet to get ranked matches going. Perhaps they care about rating, but I don't give a damn. I wanna see some ranked comms, and I want decent matchs. You're right, the coding is bad on their ranked queue system, but that is in no way me or my teams fault.

I also just spent the day trying to finish a 3 week old weekly on my imps, (which is the weaker faction on Bergeon Colony.) I was pugging it, and I'll admit it was frustrating. Needed one win and spent 6-7 matches to get it. However, I'll man up and say I didn't try my hardest to win. I didn't contact any of my friends, I didn't go get stims from my alt, and I haven't actively been gearing my imps. I've only been doing dailies 3-4 days a week on them.

So don't tell me I'm not trying to do ranked, and that me and my guild would rather stomp pugs. Why don't you read, you ignorant ****, and understand we didn't wait for 16 of us to get on. We pulled in 8 other random people, split our group in an attempt to keep the "bads" happy enough to keep queueing with half of our team. We don't win trade. The amount of trouble we went/go through to try being in ranked where you lot think we "belong" is ********. We have every right to be in either queue.

Long story short, despite feeling like a broken record since it doesn't seem to be getting through your thick skull; Examine yourself. Take a moment and realize that your failures are your own fault. There are steps you can take. They are simple. Get out of the kiddie pool and join the real fight.

Edit: It just occured to me, Win trading would **** rating. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one... *** do you think that does to you rating?!

Edited by Doomsdaycomes

Seriously its pvp the whole point is to win. I will do whatever i can do short of cheating to lvl the odds in my favor. If that means getting guild mates together so we can do a partial premade that is what I'm gonna do. If you don't like it join a guild and do the same otherwise shut up, quit whining and deal with. If you can't do that quit pvping.

I have begun to berrate people on fleet to get ranked matches going. Perhaps they care about rating, but I don't give a damn. I wanna see some ranked comms, and I want decent matchs. You're right, the coding is bad on their ranked queue system, but that is in no way me or my teams fault.

I also just spent the day trying to finish a 3 week old weekly on my imps, (which is the weaker faction on Bergeon Colony.) I was pugging it, and I'll admit it was frustrating. Needed one win and spent 6-7 matches to get it. However, I'll man up and say I didn't try my hardest to win. I didn't contact any of my friends, I didn't go get stims from my alt, and I haven't actively been gearing my imps. I've only been doing dailies 3-4 days a week on them.

So don't tell me I'm not trying to do ranked, and that me and my guild would rather stomp pugs. Why don't you read, you ignorant ****, and understand we didn't wait for 16 of us to get on. We pulled in 8 other random people, split our group in an attempt to keep the "bads" happy enough to keep queueing with half of our team. We don't win trade. The amount of trouble we went/go through to try being in ranked where you lot think we "belong" is ********. We have every right to be in either queue.

Long story short, despite feeling like a broken record since it doesn't seem to be getting through your thick skull; Examine yourself. Take a moment and realize that your failures are your own fault. There are steps you can take. They are simple. Get out of the kiddie pool and join the real fight.

Edit: It just occured to me, Win trading would **** rating. Win one, lose one, win one, lose one... *** do you think that does to you rating?!

Not if you would otherwise lose every match it wouldn't.

Long story short, instead of reporting this for moderation, as is, for whatever reason, usually done on this forum, I'll engage you one final time to tell you you are all over the place.

The reason I began speaking to you at all is due to your ludicrous claim that some other guy, who was not sending a geared ranked team into the pug bracket, was a friendless loser who was playing wrong. That's something you said. I didn't bring that idea into this thread. It was you.

You tried to say you would q ranked if not for a glitch nobody seems to have reported. Whether this is true or not (and this doesn't compute in my "thick skull" for reasons I'll get to a minute) this is an admission that you know full well that you, not the other guy, are in the wrong bracket with the wrong type of squad. Even if you want to tell me it's your fault due to "glitches," it's STILL an admission that you're in the wrong bracket with the wrong type of squad. So what was the first post about, then?

So in 2 posts, you already abandoned this narcissistic idea that you're saving the game by rolling pugs with ranked teams and the other guy's playing wrong by not doing that. Now you're saying you know it's not what you're supposed to be doing, but it's not your fault.

Well, apart from acknowledging that you've argued two conflicting things, I don't believe your most-recent post, either, because, between mouth-foaming keyboard-bashes, you can't even get your story straight. You said you filled in a second ranked team with friends/randoms. Now it's 8 unknown bads.

And finally, you've told me you have been "berating people on the fleet" to q for ranked. Nobody's going to respond to that, and I would hope anyone without a serious concussion would be smart enough to know that. The way I see it, there are two possible reasons for someone to bully strangers into playing a particular mode in some game:

-they don't actually want to play this mode

-they're seriously unstable.

Neither would surprise me, frankly.

If you want my own opinion about how to solve this ranked teams stomping pugs problem (and it's a problem; I've been on both sides of this, getting stomped gearing up a fresh 50 when nobody's on and decimating with my carnage mara in a pyro/opheal/hybrijugg premade during the height of that groups OPness and it's not fun for normal people either way).

4 man ranked bracket. Fixes everything for everyone except the weirdos that think pugstomping is a sport, rather than a boring exercise in complete pointlessness.

Edited by Larry_Dallas

<.< and there are other MMO's where you can have your casual, non-competitive frag fest free for alls. Your point?

I say seperate queue's would be bad because queue times go up. It's a fact, split the pools, and unless there are enough players for constant pops, queue times go up. More importantly, it's not my fault that PuG players aren't trying to better themselves.

As someone else pointed out, don't dumb competition down to your level, raise your level to the competition.

I am trying not to get further involved in this thread but you are really starting to irritate me.

a) When are you going to pay my sub? If not stop telling me how I should play or queue.

b) separate queues would be bad for YOU, because YOUR queue time would go up, soloers queue times would decrease once word got around that they no longer have to face Pre mades.

c) Pre-mades themselves are a bit of a pain, but, it is their use of external voice programmes that gives them an unfair advantage i.e. Skype/TS/Mumble etc. Not all of us can speak the same languages, not all of us live in environments where we can reasonably use voice comms during peak times. If this facility was meant to be inherent in the game then BW should have included it (as WoW did some years ago - dont know if it is still available I left WoW several years ago).

If you want to queue as a pre-made then that is your choice and you should have the facility to do so - I just want to make my own choices and queue in the environment in which I wish to play why is that so difficult a concept for you to understand?

As to PuG players not wanting to better themselves, elitist or what? I suspect without your team you would be easy meat for a skilled player 1 v 1, even for a solo queuer who is not wanting to better themselves (that comment was what irritated me into posting again - incinuating you are better than solo'ers becuase you are carried by other players)

Edited by Ashaari
edit error

I am actually on the fence about all this.

I understand the desire to keep things competitive at a high level and not catering to people unwilling or unable to step up to that level; but at the same time, I can understand not being able to use a voice program all the time, as I can't do that often myself, as I usually have my fiance or kids in the room that maybe I am talking while they are having a conversation or watching tv, or maybe they are in bed.

I am starting to lean in favor of the separate queues, as I do not feel the lack of population should be the factor that limits choices just because queues won't pop as fast for whichever would be the minority.

I also think the argument that "This is an MMO. You are supposed to group." is a bad argument since the players by queuing really are grouping up; just with people they don't know and do not have a voice chat advantage.

It got so bad in "that other game" they had to separate the queues. If you have 4 or more people queuing together it would force you to play against other people in premade groups.

I don't know if we have that luxury here but it would be nice. Obviously a team that is coordinated and communicating is going to win the match against a pug group just winging it.

Please enlighten me, how expecting other to wish to better themselves, using all tools available... is unacceptable? Queue's are getting longer because people are leaving, for one reason or another. There is no single reason, but if I had to put blame it would be on the lack of cross server queueing and gear gap. That's only a guess, since no one knows the exact reason each person leaves.

News flash, PvP is team based. You know how I know? Because the only form of pvp (aside from some random OWpvp) puts 8 people on a team, and gives them objectives. If it was solo based, there would be a map where 8 people are on a map, and no allies.

There isn't a Solo pvper. It is a PuG pvper.

@Draekos: As with last night, I agree, remove conversion or make it a worse ratio.

Glad you admit PVP is broken, in more than one way. This is the truth, even the people trying to defend premades admit that PVP in it's current state is broken and unbalanced. Gear gap is just one of the glaring issues that turn off new people to 50's pvp, along with premades in WH thinking the game requires skill.

Wanna know why they are preaching that everything is fine(even though there are logic answers to fix this)? Because F2P is coming soon. Know what that means? Fresh PVP bait. Why would they want their gravy train to come to a halt when they can get the most out of it in a month or so? The problem is they have a short sighted mindset, like the poster I quoted above, they can only relate to what is happening now, much like a child in this case.

I agree to one point and that cross servers queue's would be a good thing. Although the gear gap and premade problem still is there. Also when you type MMO and explain what it means, group doesn't start with the letter M or O, so try again. If they wanted us to group only there wouldn't be a solo queue button would there? Yea so once again you are wrong and sadly bad at understanding the meaning of words as well apparently .

Bascially Bioware should add this, note that this was recommended by someone smarter than myself and I can't take credit for it.

Ranked wz's - 8vs8

premade's - Any sort of grouping vs another group

Solo queue's- Any nongroup

That's a simple version of it, he went into much better detail but you should get the point. If you disagree with solo queue's then you are forcing others to play how you want to play. My money is the same as yours, so you don't get to tell me how to play. As far as your word goes, well, you can only explain so much to a child like the poster I quoted.

:rolleyes:

Sorry,

But to break it down mostly depends on a few factors:

- WZ Population: On Krath my first server, because it was so small. Premades DID kill our server. On Harbinger Premades exist but a majority of people PuG so its pretty good there.

- PuG Stupidity: The BIGGEST reason why people Premade isnt because they want to pwn people, its because they dont want to play with *******. If you havent been asked to join a premade then you might be one of them!

- Fun factor: Right now, too many PuGs are into DMing and not in objectives. Because hitting random **** is fun. Which I dont get because thats like hitting a training dummy really. But hey "whatever floats your boat!".

=============================================

The reality is Premades ARENT killing the game, you know whats killing the game, it's IDIOTS NOT DOING OBJECTIVES WZ REPEATEDLY. They're like sheep and not use their brain to work out where to go, the follow blindly to do random ****.

No communication even, its like talking to a brick wall when asking them to call incs. Maybe what we need is to make IDIOTS not do STUPID **** REPEATEDLY. If BW can figure this out, this game would be the best game ever!!!

The excuse of a premade/guild/whatever is drivel, if people are trying to do objectives and win then they can beat premades/guild/whatever (not easy but can be done).

Its when idiots have this fallacy of how OP a faction/class/player/premade that is whats making this game stupid.

NOTE: Being BAD and IMPROVING is fine. Being BAD and repeating it ad nauseum is not. You can start bad, I did, but you should be improving and trying to help your team rather than for yourself and stroke your epeen to top some charts you will never get.

+1

/5char

I never seen such a broken, child-like, forum break down such as this. I love how in one post he says you automatically lose the argument if you get bitter. So what happens when you throw a child like tantrum in a failed attempt to get your point across? All you can get out of this post is a cry for attention, a cry for recognition for doing a "good" job. Want a gold star to show to mommy?

One thing he did say that is interesting was when he mentioned going to solo queue and losing a bunch of times...it was...wait for it....hold on...frustrating.

So you can see, even with that small sample of solo queue he was already ready to come to the forums and throw a rage fit about how hard life is. Yet he still thinks solo queuers should "man up", mean while he'll go back to his team for cruise control easy mode. This is the great thing about people defending the minority, you guys all act the same, except for one. It's either a child like response or a "leave the game" suggestion, which doesn't really help anyone or make your argument any better.

Thanks for admitting that dealing with premades as a solo queue pvp player is frustrating. :D

I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to hear what the designers take on this issue is.

Because If it "is working as intended and no plans of changing it", I will take precautions.

But if they "aware of the issue and working on it with these and these intended changes", I will stick it out.

Edited by Veniras

It'll work if you add a level restriction on the gear to queue for normal warzones.

Yup

I posted this in different post and hinted at it in this (clearly one troll had it go right over his head .... not you Theo)

just need a 4 war zone system

WZ one: Pre made vrs pre made (pre made defined as 3-4 players queing as a group)

WZ 2: Solo Que (1-2 person groups queing togather) that players can have a maximum of 1225 expertise (removal from wz immediately if you equip gear putting you over at any time while in wz. No warning, no pop up, automatic removal from wz. This has to be in place to avoid exploiters trying to get around system)

WZ3: Solo Que (1-2 person groups queing togather) for players that have 1226 expertise or higher

WZ4: Ranked warzone as it currently stands

THAT would fix the current issue for all players EXCEPT THOSE that want every advantage so they can steam roll players in recruit.

And really, does anyone here truely care what THOSE PLAYERS want?

THEY are the ones that cause people to leave and populations to drop (of pvp players of course)

I couldnt care less what they want.

Time we just forced them into fair and level fights and lets see how they do then.

Course ALOT of issues in WZs could also be corrected if EA just redesigned the pvp area of Ilum to work like old DAoC RVR frountiers, complete with defendable/upgradeable outposts and relic keeps.

Put that in and all those people that ruin warzones by not going for objectives would have a place to go and fight fight fight like they clearly wish to do already.

I know personally speaking id almost LIVE on Ilum defending outposts if that system was put into place and I certainly wouldnt be watching Elder Scrolls Online as a potential TOR replacement down the line because they have anounced 3 realm, RVR style PVP, no gear gap pvp already.

Less and less people are pvp'ing now, sometimes it takes 45-60 mins for a pop to happen.... I've noticed a trend on certain servers you get a few PvP guilds that do nothing but make up 4 man premades and ruin all the fun for people who just want jump into a quick warzone... What happens is you can go against a fully geared out premade who's on vent/mumble/team speak and they pretty much just own everyone...

Bioware you need to add a PUG only warzone option, this will level the playing field more and allow people to just have fun.... If not, less and less people are going to pvp due to frustration with the situation..

That is a quick fix for the underlying problem. The pvp mechanics, gear and team building method are broken.

Lets put a team with no healers. Lets not let you build a pug team that is at least able to fill out a competive team. Lets give new players a 20% gap in statistics from the player with augmented wh and pit them against each other. Lets put a team whose collective rank is 16000 against a team who has 5 unranked players and 3 rank 1000 players.

Its a broken game that puts you in situations you cannot win 99% of the time with a mechanic that lets you get stuck in one spot until you die.

Gear matching systems have been tried in other mmo's, Ive never seen one that works yet.

However

I have no issue with the principle as long as a) it works, and, b) there is sufficient population to support it

I do wish we could separate the issues of pre-mades and the gear gap - these rae 2 separate problems which need 2 different solutions.

Edited by Ashaari
Addition

WOnt happen, there would be longer queues andd more whining on the forums etc.. so it will stay as is.

Longer Ques for Premades but not for pugs, if anything Pug warzones would be popin like crazy as it will bring back a lot of people who just quit pvp'ing because of premades.

Longer Ques for Premades but not for pugs, if anything Pug warzones would be popin like crazy as it will bring back a lot of people who just quit pvp'ing because of premades.

True dat. As it is, the current system makes for people unsubbing as it is no fun when you just want to pop in for a quickie WZ or two.

lol only thing killing regular warzones are the masses of bads.

So damn true... least competitive online community I've seen. It's a shame really... I feel as if the Star Wars franchise is actually one of this games major faults. Having such a big brand attached to it brings fan boys, KOTOR players and many more who love Star Wars but have no concept on MMO mechanics.

Hell... I'm a bit if a fan boy myself and love the Star Wars franchise... but I understand enough of how an MMO functions where it seems most do not. There are too many times that I can solo 2-3 players.... that shouldn't happen and would happen far less in any other MMO from my experience. I'm pretty good... but far from the best. Too many people in this community just really have no clue on how to play.

The way I see it... the ones who understand MMO's are ruining it for the casuals who have no clue and vice versa. This isn't as frequent in any other MMO that I HAVE played. Again... if this were some well publicized no name MMO instead of a Star Wars product.... I think we'd have a much more competitive community.

All just opinion of course.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

So damn true... least competitive online community I've seen. It's a shame really... I feel as if the Star Wars franchise is actually one of this games major faults. Having such a big brand attached to it brings fan boys, KOTOR players and many more who love Star Wars but have no concept on MMO mechanics.

Hell... I'm a bit if a fan boy myself and love the Star Wars franchise... but I understand enough of how an MMO functions where it seems most do not. There are too many times that I can solo 2-3 players.... that shouldn't happen and would happen far less in any other MMO from my experience. I'm pretty good... but far from the best. Too many people in this community just really have no clue on how to play.

The way I see it... the ones who understand MMO's are ruining it for the casuals who have no clue and vice versa. This isn't as frequent in any other MMO that I HAVE played. Again... if this were some well publicized no name MMO instead of a Star Wars product.... I think we'd have a much more competitive community.

All just opinion of course.

True statement here, I was in Ilum and soloed a group of 4 players like a walk in the park. It was great fun and after a while they started to kill me which in the end was a lesson I am sure they learned on how to beat me, a fully augmented War Hero geared out PvPer with a companion in the same gear.

People need to understand progression and you can change the system all you want to think you are "even the playing field" but in the end those players like myself that have put in the time to hone there skills to learn to kill other players will beat you and than what will you say?

PvP is different from PVE and the reason is because my targets don't follow the same repetitive pattern like PVE bosses do.

L2P